Author Topic: Chicago....again ?  (Read 670 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Chicago....again ?
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:40:03 AM »
  Obama's boy Friday.. left the administration to run Chicago..
   Some apparently thought.."with the Obama administration's claim of being the "most transparent administration ever"...
 that Chicago may really clean up, but apparently Chicago.. and Rahm Emanuel, are both have trouble changing their spots..

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/speed-safety-cameras-red-light-school-zones-mayor-emanuel-ally-greg-goldner-consultant-20120312
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Chicago....again ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »
I say go for it.  Our city put those stupid cameras in; they lasted a little less than a year and the citizens by vote, insisted that they be removed.  All they are is a ripoff and a cash cow for local government and the outfit that leases them to jurisdictions. 

If the interest is really in improving safety, that is simple to do by an unpublicized delay between red and green lights.

Of course, not much of the above has to do with the situation in Chicago.  I suspect it's bidness as usual for the windy city.
Swingem