Author Topic: Re-election Air Force  (Read 777 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re-election Air Force
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
Your tax dollars hard at work for President Obama's re-election ...Billions of dollars!!!!!  Where is the main stream media when stories like this break???

I believe this present administration will go to any lengths to retain their failing hold on power. I don’t remember any other sitting president doing this.

This President wants to cut back on our nation's Defense, but is willing to spend millions upon millions to be re-elected.

This looked like it could be an "urban legend," So I looked it up at the link below. ALL TRUE!!!

http://www.89aw.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123282220

Ain't it great to be the incumbent???

The United States Air Force has established two new aircraft squadrons to support the administration’s needs during the campaign season.

The 305th and 306th Expeditionary Airlift Squadrons were activated as subordinate units of the 89th Airlift Wing on December 1, 2011.

The 305th will operate out of New Castle, DE with 5 C-130H medium lift transport aircraft with 8 full sets of aircrew, 60 maintenance personnel and 12 Operations personnel assigned.

The 306th will operate out of Andrews AFB with 4 C-17 heavy lift transports.  7 full aircrews, 60 maintenance personnel and 10 operations personnel.

Operations for the two squadrons are to begin in April 2012 and run through the election. The aircraft and personnel will be released back to their original units after the election in November 2012.

These aircraft and personnel are being made available to Obama and his administration in ADDITION to the normal access to all of the 89th executive transport and the VC-25 jumbo jets usually used as Air Force One so the president can use them for his re-election bid.  All of these aircraft are being provided at taxpayer’s expense.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Re-election Air Force
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
He needs to ride a bus like every other president.  The nerve of that guy!

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:41:02 PM »
He needs to ride a bus like every other president.  The nerve of that guy!

For once I agree with you, Junior.
Swingem

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
As my mother use to tell me when I was young (a real long time ago) "Walking isant crowded"

Gun Runner

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:33:11 AM »
Not to worry folks! As soon as Romney or Rick gets in office, they will do away with the re-election air  ::) force. Just think of it like a .......Temp. Tax.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
NW hunter, you can only look at this as, “my tax dollars going to support the re-election of the bum.”  That galls the heck out of me; if he wants the job let him pay the expenses for the campaign, don't charge the taxpayer.