Author Topic: Aim Point  (Read 589 times)

Offline ronaldlee

• Trade Count: (0)
Aim Point
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:21:14 AM »
Would like to hear opinions on the Aim Point's for hunting. Thanks.
                                                                                                     Ron

Offline diggler1833

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Aim Point
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »
Reliable, and effective at reasonable ranges.  Wouldn't use one for long pokes at game, but at fast-moving shots it shines.  Much, MUCH more durable than your typical rifle scope in the same price range.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »
and my first one the battery lasted seven years, always on while hunting, and shoot with both eyes open.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »
ive used them for hogs and deer. Nothing is faster on target and there plenty precise out to a 100 yards for any big game and there hell for stout built. Only downside to them is they dont pick up light in a low light situation like a typical high quality rifle scope.
blue lives matter

Offline ronaldlee

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:55 AM »
Any favorite models ? Their web site doesn't explain the difference between some of the models , like H1 and the T1 micros etc.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »
out of all of them i guess the comp3 would be my favorite. Ive used guns with micros on them but have never owned one to really be able to form an opinion on them. I know lots of guys that swear by them though.
blue lives matter

Offline ole 5 hole group

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 06:56:20 AM »
Any favorite models ? Their web site doesn't explain the difference between some of the models , like H1 and the T1 micros etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-3Ul4ozFyE
I've got the T-1, just because I was offered a great deal on one, otherwise I was looking for the H1.  For the price, I find the Leupold DeltaPoint better for my tastes.

I actually find the red dots better for long range shooting with handguns than any other sight on the market that I'm aware of.  It's great for ole eyes, as you don't have to worry about precise sight alignment.

Once you use them in the field for hunting - you'll never go back to irons, as they are much faster and the accuracy is on par with any 2X scope.  You should shoot a red dot with both eyes open - it really helps. 

On a revolver you'll have to practice a little bringing the revolver up and getting the dot to appear in the display.  On a 70 series type 1911 you can mill the slide and the red dot is right there when you bring it up.

Here's the deltapoint on a 1911.  The 1911 also has the BUS (back up sight) in front of the Leupold Deltapoint and their regulated for 50 yards - just in case my battery would take a hike on me.  The delta as seen is blurred from the camera for reasons unknown to me but that delta is very sharp and I use the tip as the aiming point.  It's dead nuts at 30 yards and will print 10 rounds under an inch consistently at that distance.  It's a Baer 1.5", so it can do better but I can't.