Author Topic: a pieced-together 20 gauge  (Read 586 times)

Offline gomerdog

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
a pieced-together 20 gauge
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
A few years back I ordered a 20 gauge accessory barrel for one of my frames that I used with 243 SL and 30/30 barrels. Lately I bought a PW stock set and a receiver from GBO members and then pieced together the 20 gauge barrel, stock and receiver. The barrel fit perfectly on the frame (thanks Fortkevin) without any modification.

Today I took my 25 year-old daughter out to the range to try it out on some clay pigeons. She's home from medical school in Seattle at the UW and will graduate in June, then to residency in Madison, WI. This three week period will be the last time she will be able to come home for years for this length of time and my wife and I wanted to savor having her with us. This time spent at the range was golden as the pieced-together shotgun performed superbly. She and I both used it, and although we didn't bust 'em all we broke enough to know that with a little more practice any clay pigeon is at risk. I also brought along a 12 gauge Model 870 Express that I haven't shot in years. I shot it, but the H&R 20 gauge was most prefered by both of us. It was just fun...a perfect way to spend a Sunday with someone special. On the way home, I stopped at ACE and picked up more clay birds. Gonna have to do it again. I might even begin reloading for it as shooting this little keeper may appear to be a little addictive.
"Endeavor to persevere..." Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josie Wales

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
Re: a pieced-together 20 gauge
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:36:04 PM »
 :) :) :)
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.