Author Topic: Obama warns SCOTUS abt striking down his medical bill  (Read 2231 times)

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama warns SCOTUS abt striking down his medical bill
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
     The overly powerful (thinking) person in the WH warns the non elected SCOTUS about over turning his health care bill, I only saw the heading on my phone but if this is true where in the hell does he think he has the power to TELL them what to do, if this is true it is just another reason this CHARACTER need to go else where.   Jim

Offline Cuts Crooked

Re: Obama warns SCOTUS abt striking down his medical bill
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
     The overly powerful (thinking) person in the WH warns the non elected SCOTUS about over turning his health care bill, I only saw the heading on my phone but if this is true where in the hell does he think he has the power to TELL them what to do, if this is true it is just another reason this CHARACTER need to go else where.   Jim

Saw that too. Pretty healthy opinion of himself there! Says he doesn't think they will strike it down and warns them not to try to legislate from the bench because they are not elected officials!

I'll try to find a link.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »
Here ya go........
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/02/10985457-obama-confident-health-law-will-be-upheld

"We are confident that this will be upheld because it should be upheld," President Obama said during a joint news conference with Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.By NBC's Domenico Montanaro and Ali WeinbergUpdated 3:41 p.m. -- In his first comments since last week's oral arguments at the Supreme Court, President Obama said he is "confident" the health law will be upheld.
"I’m confident that this will be upheld, because it should be upheld," Obama said in a press conference from the White House's Rose Garden, flanked by the leaders of Mexico and Canada.
Obama noted that some conservative writers and judges who are "not sympathetic" to the law agree. "It's not just my opinion," Obama contended.
Of course, the court seems split between its liberal and conservative justices and the decision on whether the law will be declared constitutional -- to come in June -- very well could be 5-4.
Obama called the court an "unelected group" and warned the court against engaging in "judicial activism" by finding the law unconstitutional.
“I’d just remind conservative commentators that for years, what we’ve heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law.”
He also made an emotional appeal about the law, saying that 2.5 million young people have been able to get health insurance through their parents’ plans since the law took effect, and that people with preexisting conditions would be able to be insured regardless of their illnesses.
"There's not only an economic element to this, and a legal element to this, but there's a human element to this. And I hope that is not forgotten in this political debate."
The president also took on a question directed at his two foreign counterparts, Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, regarding Mitt Romney’s comments that Obama does not have the same feelings about “American exceptionalism” as the rest of the country and that the United States’ influence is waning around the world.
Obama said he rejected Romney’s premise.
“My entire career has been a testimony to American exceptionalism,” Obama said, adding, without mentioning Romney’s name that he would “cut folks some slack” because “it’s still primary season” and Republicans were still in the process of choosing their nominee.

=========================================

What the idiot in chief doesn't seem to understand is that it is the SCs JOB to decide what is "duly constituted"!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline powderman

Obama issues stern warning to the supremes on HIS hc bill.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »
 obama issues stern language on Supreme Court health care decision  By Rachel Rose Hartman | The Ticket – 2 hrs 56 mins ago   President Obama on Monday issued stern language to the Supreme Court of the United States regarding his health care law, expressing confidence "Obamacare" will not be overturned by the nation's highest court.
"I'm confident this will be upheld because it should be upheld," the president said Monday afternoon at a White House press conference that included ‪Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Mexican President Felipe Calderon, who are attending the North American Leaders' Summit. The president said overturning the law would be "an unprecedented and extraordinary step" and compared the court's rejection of the law to "judicial activism."
[Related: Obama, Calderon, Harper vow to cut excess regs]
"For years what we've heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism," the president said, baiting conservatives who have long complained about justices' political agendas. The president stressed that the judges are "unelected" and noted that the law was passed by a democratically elected Congress.
Monday's comments were the first public warning the president has issued since the justices heard oral arguments last week on the constitutionality of the law, which includes an individual health care mandate.
It remains to be seen how the justices will rule on the matter. On Friday, the court began deliberations, which could last through June. The ruling could significantly impact the president's re-election strategy.

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Apf3d6xLL66gMsPc8tTLnwibvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTVocmxxNmR0BGEDMTIwNDAyIE5ld3MgVGlja2V0IE9iYW1hIHdhcm5zIGp1c3RpY2VzIHQEY2NvZGUDcHpidWFsbGNhaDUEY3BvcwMxBGcDaWQtMjEzNDM4NgRpbnRsA3VzBG1jb2RlA3B6YnVhbGxjYWg1BG1wb3MDMgRwa2d0AzQEcGtndgMzBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN0ZC1ud3MEc2xrA3RpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAxBHdvZQMxMjc3NTE1MA--/SIG=12pv9fphk/EXP=1333491341/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/president-obamacare-191235956.html
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Obama issues stern warning to the supremes on HIS hc bill.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »
HMM, do I hear a Reischtag moment coming. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
The entire law is not the object of this case, it's the constitutionality one provision of the law. 26 states coalesced to get this in front of the court. That's a mutiny by any standard.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »
I can hear him now. HEY, I appoined you to agree with me, DO IT. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
Hopefully they will tell him to work on doing his job better while they do theirs. That would be a polite way of saying shut up and let us do OUR job.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 02:39:17 AM »
The LIAR IN THE WHITEHOUSE should be brought up on charges of trying to intimidate a federal judge.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Tommyt

• Trade Count: (51)
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
“I’m confident that this will be upheld because it should be upheld,” Obama said, describing the law as “constitutional.”
Republican lawmakers slammed the president for his Supreme Court comments. Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, accused the president of misrepresenting the implications of a ruling against the law.
“It must be nice living in a fantasy world where every law you like is constitutional and every Supreme Court decision you don’t is ‘activist,’” he said in a statement. “Many of us have been arguing for nearly three years that the federal government does not have the power to dictate individuals’ purchasing decisions. After a national debate on the subject, more than two-thirds of Americans agree that the Obamacare insurance mandate is unconstitutional.”
http://patdollard.com/2012/04/obama-warns-unelected-supreme-court-against-striking-down-health-law/

The Article

Obama, employing his strongest language to date on the Supreme Court review of the federal health care overhaul, cautioned the court Monday against overturning the law — while repeatedly saying he’s “confident” it will be upheld.
The president spoke at length about the case at a joint press conference with the leaders of Mexico and Canada. The president, adopting what he described as the language of conservatives who fret about judicial activism, questioned how an “unelected group of people” could overturn a law approved by Congress. “I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress,” Obama said.
The Supreme Court spent three days hearing arguments last week in four separate challenges to the health care law, which stands as the president’s signature domestic policy accomplishment. A central challenge was over the individual mandate — the requirement that Americans buy health insurance. Critics say the mandate is unconstitutional, and that the federal government cannot force people into the insurance marketplace.
Obama on Monday said that without such a mandate, the law would not have a mechanism to ensure those with preexisting conditions get health care.
“I’m confident that this will be upheld because it should be upheld,” Obama said, describing the law as “constitutional.”
Republican lawmakers slammed the president for his Supreme Court comments. Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, accused the president of misrepresenting the implications of a ruling against the law.
“It must be nice living in a fantasy world where every law you like is constitutional and every Supreme Court decision you don’t is ‘activist,’” he said in a statement. “Many of us have been arguing for nearly three years that the federal government does not have the power to dictate individuals’ purchasing decisions. After a national debate on the subject, more than two-thirds of Americans agree that the Obamacare insurance mandate is unconstitutional.”
The president spoke following meetings with Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Until the heath care case remarks, the press conference was focused mostly on economic issues, as well as the war on drugs.
The leaders vowed a new effort to boost North American trade and cut needless regulation that stifles it. “Our three nations are going to sit down together, go through the books and simplify and eliminate more regulations that will make our joint economies stronger,” Obama said.
Obama noted trade among the three neighbors now tops $1 trillion a year, and he wants to see that number rise.
But notable by its absence from the post-summit news conference in the Rose Garden was the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada’s oil sands in Alberta to the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Obama shelved the plan pending further review — and has endured ferocious GOP attacks ever since, with Republicans calling the move a blow to job creation and U.S. energy needs. He maintains GOP leaders in Congress forced his hand by insisting on a decision before an acceptable pipeline route was found.
Harper has voiced disappointment with Obama’s decision. He also visited China in February to explore alternatives. Canada has the world’s third-largest oil reserves — more than 170 billion barrels — after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela, and daily production of 1.5 million barrels from the oil sands is expected to rise to 3.7 million by 2025

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 03:26:45 AM »
Let's see, if the Supreme Court rules that the mandatory purchase of health care insurance is Constitutional, the "Affordable Health Care Plan" won't be and the system will bleed to death.  If the Supreme Court rules that the plan is Constitutional, the "Affordable Health Care Plan" won't be and it will bleed to death.

However, if the court does the latter, it very well could be the end of liberty, the end of the USA as we have known it and in any case it would be the final and fatal straw that will put our third world communist--would-be dictator in the position he believes he deserves.  And it's game over.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 04:59:48 AM »
Let's see, if the Supreme Court rules that the mandatory purchase of health care insurance is Constitutional, the "Affordable Health Care Plan" won't be and the system will bleed to death.  If the Supreme Court rules that the plan is Constitutional, the "Affordable Health Care Plan" won't be and it will bleed to death.

However, if the court does the latter, it very well could be the end of liberty, the end of the USA as we have known it and in any case it would be the final and fatal straw that will put our third world communist--would-be dictator in the position he believes he deserves.  And it's game over.
truer words were never spoken.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 05:06:04 AM »
  Top politicians have security at all times.. do SCOTUS justices have the same protection ?  ...just wondering ?

Pelosi says she felt confident when they passed the Obamacare bill, that it was fully constitutional..
   Didn't even read it and figured it to be constitutional ? DUH !!!

Witness her ignorance; it only takes 10 seconds to empty her brain..    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

She is not the only stupid one... everyone who voted for it (and didn't read it) was supremely STUPID.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
He may just be setting his side up to be mad/angry when part or all is over turned . It most likely is spin he is setting up. He is smart he knows the difference in making law from the bench and deciding if a law is consitutional.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 05:55:03 AM »
Actually The O'boy may have just peed in his chili. Historically judges have an aversion to being told what to do.....and they can be just as vindictive as anyone when it come time to rule on something they have been chastised about.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 05:59:41 AM »
this is the second time he has poked the SCOTUS in the eye.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:45:44 AM »

Jim,

Hopefully, Obamination will find out the hard way that:

One way to get the SCOTUS to do something is to threaten them if they do the opposite.
    Ray

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »
  He certainly has all the hallmarks of a VERY SPOILED CHILD.  ...And he has obviously never grown up..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online DDZ

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »
Yes he does IG. Actually he has the symptoms of a narcissist. He has a sense of self importance, has fantasies of unlimited success, power and brilliance. Believes he is special and unique. He requires excessive admiration. Has a strong sense of entitlement. He exploits others. Lacks empathy, and envious of others. Most all he shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes.
 I don't think there was any plan or reason behind what he said. Its just his character. I believe he fits a narcissist to a tee.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Actually The O'boy may have just peed in his chili. Historically judges have an aversion to being told what to do.....and they can be just as vindictive as anyone when it come time to rule on something they have been chastised about.

True & they have quite an ego. And remember when Obama scoulded The Supreme Court at a State of The Union Address.   This could matter to Kennedy
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline wralyn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »
Crippling the economy, encouraging class warfare, aligning with foreign governments, and now subversively telling the American population that the Supreme Court has no right to take away their healthcare?

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but this sure does look like a thinly veiled attempt to incite rebellion. The American people already do not trust Congress. If he convinces enough folks that the Supreme Court is an "enemy" of the people, how long will it take for them to rise up and demand a new system of government? Ten years ago, I would say this was a far-fetched idea. Today, I'm not so sure. If you don't think it can happen, remember that WWII wasn't that long ago.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
what arrogance....what outrageousness....obummer speaks......
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
Obama expects high court to show 'deference' to Congress in health law review

President Obama, for the second straight day, put public pressure on the Supreme Court to uphold the federal health care overhaul -- saying the court has traditionally shown "deference" to Congress.
The president addressed the case during a meeting with newspaper executives in Washington, D.C., following a lengthy speech on budget priorities.
Asked about the court case, Obama once again said he's confident the law will be upheld while offering words of warning to the high court.
"The Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws and all of us have to respect it. But it's precisely because of that extraordinary power that the court has traditionally exercised significant restraint and deference to our duly elected legislature, our Congress," Obama said.
"The burden is on those who would overturn a law like this. Now, as I said, I expect the Supreme Court actually to recognize that and to abide by well-established precedents out there," he added.
The president said the administration is not spending much time "planning for contingencies" because he doesn't expect the overhaul to be struck down.
The comments follow his remarks a day earlier during a news conference in which he suggested a ruling against the health care overhaul would be tantamount to "judicial activism." He referred to the justices as "unelected" and noted the law had been approved by Congress.
Republicans, though, have accused the president of trying to "intimidate" the court.
Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, top Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, called it a "fantasy" to think "every law you like is constitutional and every Supreme Court decision you don't is 'activist.'"
Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, told Fox News Radio he was "disappointed" by the president's remarks.
"It is not unprecedented at all for the Supreme Court to declare a law unconstitutional; they do that on a regular basis, so it's not unprecedented at all," he said. "What is unprecedented is for the president of the United States trying to intimidate the Supreme Court."
The Supreme Court spent three days hearing arguments last week in four separate challenges to the health care law, which stands as the president's signature domestic policy accomplishment. A central challenge was over the individual mandate -- the requirement that Americans buy health insurance. Critics say the mandate is unconstitutional and that the federal government cannot force people into the insurance marketplace.
Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/03/obama-reminds-supreme-court-on-showing-deference-to-congress/#ixzz1r2gItiJ0

The man does love his own voice.....

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
You knowthe founding Fathers really had a good idea in theat whole three EQUALL part Government, Legislative, Executive, and Judicial.  Our current POTUS has forgotten about the equal part, probably due to his admiration of third world dictators like chavez and castro.  A President is a far step from a King.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »
    It should not surprise us..Obammy is now trying to DICTATE to the Supreme Court.  He has apponinted "czars" to undercut congress..give his appointed EPA officials power of "life & death" over business & corporations.  Then his efforts to junk the constitution with his Obamacare socialism.
   If he gets the power he is seeking in every facet of government, I think we could look for a Coup D'etat on the order of hugo Chavez.

That is (IMO) why judge Smith of the 5th circuit court has slapped the dept of "Justice" with a homework assignment..
( 3 pages, single spaced to be on his desk by noon Thursday)...explaining this attempted usurpation of the SCOTUS by the boy king.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

We better all concentrate our efforts to elect ABO...  This November may be our last chance to get rid of this Hugo Chavez regime in it's embryonic state.

Hey, maybe we can get Planned Parenthood to help.. it sometimes looks like they never met an embryo they liked !  ;)   :D   ;D   ;D ...just teasing.

Offline 1puckaway

Re: Obama warns SCOTUS about striking down his medical bill
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 02:14:15 AM »
We are the only civilised nation not to have socialized medicine!. If obama care is struck down the grand old party and the dems will be so afraid of it no one will touch it for a generation which is twenty years people will be dieing in the streets. PS the number one emergency administration is abscess teeth.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 02:59:03 AM »

We better all concentrate our efforts to elect ABO...  This November may be our last chance to get rid of this Hugo Chavez regime in it's embryonic state.

Hey, maybe we can get Planned Parenthood to help.. it sometimes looks like they never met an embryo they liked !  ;)   :D   ;D   ;D ...just teasing.
several at this site are going to throw away their votes, so I wonder how many "out there" will do the same?  I've got a bad feeling about this election.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »
The health care bill is only the feds taking over the health care industry.  85% of the uninsured were between 21-30, had jobs that provided it, but they didn't buy it.  The only real thing that was needed in the existing system was a little tweeking.  Allow cross state competition, limit malpractice to $1 million.  My doctor said his malpractice insurance was $2,700 a month.  He said if the liability limit was $1 million, it would drop to $1,300 a month, thus lower rates.  Allowing cross state competition like auto and home insurance would create custom packages and lower costs through competition.  They could have expanded Medicare/Medicaid to include people laid off between jobs and adult poor, or either through tax credits like McCain proposed.

Obama is a communist, nationalised health care is one of their goals, as well as controlling the utilities, mining and drilling, etc.  I have concluded this because he learned Islam from his upbringing.  His American parents and grandparents went to communist meetings and were far left in their beliefs.  He learned under Rev. Wright a twisted christianity.  He associated with known communists like William Ayers.  He learned Chicago thuggery politics.  He knows what he is doing.  His goal is to bring down America and have a dictatorship of the proletariant for his socialist utopia.  Some people are just not students of history. 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: Obama warns SCOTUS about striking down his medical bill
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:13 AM »
We are the only civilised nation not to have socialized medicine!. If obama care is struck down the grand old party and the dems will be so afraid of it no one will touch it for a generation which is twenty years people will be dieing in the streets. PS the number one emergency administration is abscess teeth.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Puck;
    Were people "dying in the streets" before Obamacare came along ?

Offline magooch

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 05:04:23 AM »
Obama is not the first iteration of an overbearing would-be dictator in the White House.  His model is FDR.  Actually, in some respects, Obama is a piker compared to FDR when it comes to socialistic (communist) antics, but then he is just getting started.  FDR did have some redeeming characteristics--Obama--nothing comes to mind.
Swingem

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »
We are NOT the only western nation not to have socialised medicine.  Germany and Switzerland have private health insurance.  However it is mandated to have it.  Their governments only cover the poor and persons laid off from work looking for a job, and the elderly.  We had this except for the mandate.  80-85% of both countries are covered by private insurance.  Most provided by their employers just like what we had.  Like I said 85% of those under 65 not on Medicare had it provided by their jobs but they elected NOT to buy it.  It was and is really a non-issue.  Good paying jobs, and bringing industry back home is the problem.