Author Topic: The Official Lesser of Two Evils List  (Read 64010 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: The Official Lesser of Two Evils List
« Reply #570 on: May 04, 2012, 06:41:39 AM »
Poor little fella... Let me give you a hug.   ;)
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #571 on: May 04, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
Poor little fella... Let me give you a hug.   ;)
I'm not into hugging other men.
back to the topic of the thread.  I would like a show of hand from everyone who has NEVER changed their mind about anything.
when I married my current wife, she was a liberal.  she is now a conservative.
Romney has stated that he has changed his mind about many things.
I know newt personally, and I know that he has changed a lot.
Jesus is the only person who never changed his mind. 
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #572 on: May 04, 2012, 08:47:22 AM »
But, but Bugeye, he did something almost a decade ago.  He couldn't possibly have changed since then, could he?    :o
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #573 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
But, but Bugeye, he did something almost a decade ago.  He couldn't possibly have changed since then, could he?    :o
LOL.  senator charles percy changed his mind and bought a gun after his daughter was murdered.
Romney has done some things that none of us liked.  but he has a wife, church, and national constituency to hold his feet to the fire. and he's much more honest than hussein.
hussein answers to nobody but rahm emanuel.
my wife was a liberal when we married, but she's now a staunch conservative.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »

Again keep living the dream fellas. This week Ritchie Rich is behind 15pts and still has ten times the funds.

How's it feel to throw away all semblance of having principles on a lost cause  over fear?

Online Casull

« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »
How's it feel to throw away all semblance of having principles on a lost cause  over fear?

I don't know, but tell me, how does it feel to cry "uncle" before the fight even starts?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline R.W.Dale

Re: Re: The Official Lesser of Two Evils List
« Reply #576 on: May 04, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »

I don't know, but tell me, how does it feel to cry "uncle" before the fight even starts?

Listen here you

Im going to say this once more and this time you're going to remember it. I HAVENT VOTED YET. When I do i'll vote for whom I want to as is my right to do so.

I'm not in a fight. You're the ones whose fixated on all things Obama not me. I will vote for the man I see as best suited for the job.

Don't accuse me of giving up just because you want to play ostrich and refuse to see the brutally obvious writing on the wall. You're actually the one whose already given up on a better ideal than what ROMNEY offers just because you're so cowed by the thought of Obama.

WELL GUESS WHAT!  Obama will be the president come January and it won't be in spite of Romney and his supporters it'll be BECAUSE of them

Online Casull

« Reply #577 on: May 04, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
Listen here you

No need to get testy. 

Im going to say this once more and this time you're going to remember it. I HAVENT VOTED YET.

Never said you did, skippy.  But, nobody else has been able to beat Romney.  And, yet, you are crying that Romney CANNOT win.  Sure sounds like you have already given up.  However, you go with whatever makes you feel better.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #578 on: May 04, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »

Listen here you

Im going to say this once more and this time you're going to remember it.

CASULL, HEADS UP, INCOMING. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #579 on: May 04, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
Listen here you

No need to get testy. 

Im going to say this once more and this time you're going to remember it. I HAVENT VOTED YET.

Never said you did, skippy.  But, nobody else has been able to beat Romney.  And, yet, you are crying that Romney CANNOT win.  Sure sounds like you have already given up.  However, you go with whatever makes you feel better.

Given up on what? Between robomney and the real Obama I could care less which wins. Both are gun grabbing eletists. I'm pulling for neither of these nuggets. So don't superimpose your starry eyed fantasy of a Romulan newtopia on me.

I'm just telling you to take the rose colored glasses off and look at the data that all points to an Obama win come november. Romney was an unelectable candidate four years ago and he's gotten no better in the interm

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #580 on: May 04, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
 :-X
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online Casull

« Reply #581 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »
Between robomney and the real Obama I could care less which wins.

Then, by your own words, you would appear to be irrelevant.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #582 on: May 04, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
Between robomney and the real Obama I could care less which wins.

Then, by your own words, you would appear to be irrelevant.

Are you getting out there and stumping for Romney?  Have you sent any campaign contributions in?

Because if not you're only one step removed from irrelevance to Romney winning than I am. Voting for a canidate and griping about non supporters on the interwebz is really as little a support as a person can give short of voting for the other guy.

You believe in Romney so much how bout you show us where the rubber meets the road and send him some $$. Because remember 0 has ten times the funds already

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #583 on: May 06, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »
The Charlatans are hard at work trying to get their Obama elected with all this alleged “principal” positioning.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #584 on: May 06, 2012, 04:51:54 AM »
The Charlatans are hard at work trying to get their Obama elected with all this alleged “principal” positioning.

Oh yeah!  Dangit! You discovered our sinister plot that we've kept secret for so long. We'd have pulled it off too if it weren't for you meddling kids! ::)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:41 AM »
Who said you?

If you think Romney is bad, wait till obama has his second term. He will have nothing to lose. You will see the biggest anti-gun movement set forward by obama that this country will have ever seen. Nothing, will be off limits, nothing will come close and it will make that quote by Romney seem like nothing.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2012, 05:53:13 AM »
Who said you?

If you think Romney is bad, wait till obama has his second term. He will have nothing to lose. You will see the biggest anti-gun movement set forward by obama that this country will have ever seen. Nothing, will be off limits, nothing will come close and it will make that quote by Romney seem like nothing.
this is absolutely true.... he even whispered it to the russian prez.
unfortunately, nothing will be done except maybe NRA and GOA filing some lawsuits, and in the years it takes to get to the SCOTUS, your guns will be gone...  if obama is reelected, he will consider that a mandate to finish destroying this country.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2012, 06:15:21 AM »
THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING. Reading these posts is like some kind of flashback to 1996

Which one of you guys wanted to bury your heads at THE OBVIOUS prospect of a Romney loss stating "I don't have a crystal ball"

It would appear as though you got it repaired today

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:47 PM »
He will have nothing to lose in his second term. Typical run for a prsident serving his second term. The hot button issues are done in the 1st or 2nd year. The lead up to the election are all political posturing to win over the independants. The balance are tasks for the second term. Obama has guns rights in his sights for term 2.

If you like obama you should just say so. Repeating Romney's words is for later. There are plenty of "obama in his own words" we can copy in here as well. But the Charlatans don't like that.......

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:07 PM »
He will have nothing to lose in his second term. Typical run for a prsident serving his second term. The hot button issues are done in the 1st or 2nd year. The lead up to the election are all political posturing to win over the independants. The balance are tasks for the second term. Obama has guns rights in his sights for term 2.

If you like obama you should just say so. Repeating Romney's words is for later. There are plenty of "obama in his own words" we can copy in here as well. But the Charlatans don't like that.......

You seem to forget there's a whole nother branch of government charged with making these new  laws you're so afraid of. A branch what's so diametrically opposed to Obama that they've not even passed a budget in over THREE YEARS, something I should point out that they're legally bound to do each year.

Congress and the house will be more than obliged to make an Obama second term truley a lame duck session.

Now you send a gun grabbing RHINO president to Washington and the legislative branch will feel obliged to do something. When things get done in Washington is when things get royally messed up. No matter the party in the white house.

I say bring on four more years of sweet sweet Washington gridlock and deviciveness. We'll try for a worthwhile conservative next time as surely Romney will finally go down on this second electoral flush.
The tank is full and the voters are reaching for the handle!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »
Thanks for the attempt at a civics lesson, but I'm well aware of the role the House & Senate in the legislative process. I'm not sure if your aware, but the president appoints the AG, head of ATF, Homeland, etc. Not to mention he nominates appointees to both the SCOTUS and the federal open bench seats. Do you think these are important decisions for gun owners and hunters? And do agree that we are up for both House & Senate seats in 2012, 2014, etc. and whoever is in the WH at that time will have have significant leverage over what politics will play a role in those legislative elections to come?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
The SCOTUS situation has been discussed before.  The next three justices most likely to retire were all in the dissent on Heller. Combined with the fact that there's no guarantee or precident saying Romney nominees will be any better on pro 2a matters.

As to holder. His hand is still lodged squarely in the cookie jar. As long as he's AG don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Now you answer this. If we set the precident that an anti 2a (and Romney is) Republican can get elected. How do we get pro 2a supreme court nominations going forward?

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
R. W. Dale,

Before we answer any more of your questions, let us address one of your statements that is factually inaccurate.   You said:

"You seem to forget there's a whole nother branch of government charged with making these new  laws you're so afraid of. A branch what's so diametrically opposed to Obama that they've not even passed a budget in over THREE YEARS, something I should point out that they're legally bound to do each year."

The House of Representatives has voted on three budget proposals in 2011 and 2012, and passed two [Obama's proposed budget went down in a miserably disproportionate vote -- not even his own party voted for it].   The reason no budget has been passed in three years stems from the fact that Dingy Harry Reid will not allow a budget proposal to the Senate floor for a vote.   Your post missed half of the equation!!

Now, to answer your question:  We already set that precedent in 1988 with Bush 41.  He is the one that signed an executive order prohibiting the import of European weapons from manufacturers such as HK, Sig, etc.  that are now classified as assault weapons.   

Now, a question for you: How do we get pro-2A justices from a second Obummer term? [Hint: we don't]

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
The SCOTUS situation has been discussed before.  The next three justices most likely to retire were all in the dissent on Heller. Combined with the fact that there's no guarantee or precident saying Romney nominees will be any better on pro 2a matters.

As to holder. His hand is still lodged squarely in the cookie jar. As long as he's AG don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Now you answer this. If we set the precident that an anti 2a (and Romney is) Republican can get elected. How do we get pro 2a supreme court nominations going forward?

The answer is simple, I rather take my chances with Romey than obama. Afterall, obama has given us Kagan and Sotomeyer for SCOTUS. How could be any worse?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »

How could be any worse?

Simple. A possible Eight year stint of juistice nomination fun instead of a guaranteed four. This greatly reduces the number potential  of scotus retirements and focuses this possibility on the liberal side of the court.

Its a dang good thing IMO that bush 41 was a one term president and is a perfect example of the damage an openly anti Republican president can do.

With either of these candidates we're looking at getting completely  hosed. I would rather stick with the devil I know and stay optimistic the Republicans can do better next time than switch to a lighter complected one and rely on the Democrats to put fourth a viable alternative in four years.

Wich still glosses over the fact that Romney is utterly unelectable.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #595 on: May 08, 2012, 02:07:21 AM »
R.W.Dale, I would guess that you have no knowledge of his voting record as an Ill senator and as a U.S. senator.
if you do, and care anything about this country, you would be horrified at the thought of a 2nd term.
he has appoiinted two ultra liberals to the SCOTUS wit a chance for three more.  guess what??
that makes an ultra-liberal SCOTUS. the constitution would be declared null and void.

take a look at the elections in russia, greece, and france.  all three went communist, so that will be their last elections.
with the likes of you, we're next.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #596 on: May 08, 2012, 04:35:32 AM »
Obama was rated the most liberal of all US Senators based on his voting record during that time. Look at his record when he served in the IL senate. Look at what he did as half-baked community organizer and 20 yrs+ as a member in a radical left wing black liberation theology church. Look at his record over hte past 3.5 years, $16T in debt, 8+ % unemployment, record home forclosures, bombing of Libya, 2 horrible SCOTUS appointments........ need I put more of his record on the scale? How does Romney weight in the balance?

You would accept 4 more years of this?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:59 AM »
Its not up to me and I keep telling you guys this and you choose to bury your heads in the sand and ignore it. But even if everyone here voted for the robot he'd still loose just the same. Us discussing these issues on this level is the exception not the norm. The vast vast majority of votes are cast on a much more superficial level. For these people who make or break elections Romney comes across about as appealing as three day old roadkill. Romney's unfavorable polling numbers being tied with Obama's bear this out. Obama's had four years to get this low, Romney has sunk this far just since the primary season started.

Lastly lets not forget Obama has ten times the funds to put into his reelection bid. If you don't think that's a huge factor you're living in a fantasy land of gumdrop forests and gingerbread roads.

AGAIN Romney is going to loose. Think about it. Have you ever heard of a rabid Romney supporter? No neither have I.

And yes given the atrocious voting record of each I'm more comfortable with a lame duck Obama for just four more than 8 of a Romney with a sympathetic legislative branch.

Offline northkid

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #598 on: May 08, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Lastly lets not forget Obama has ten times the funds to put into his reelection bid. If you don't think that's a huge factor you're living in a fantasy land of gumdrop forests and gingerbread roads.

AGAIN Romney is going to loose. Think about it. Have you ever heard of a rabid Romney supporter? No neither have I.

And yes given the atrocious voting record of each I'm more comfortable with a lame duck Obama for just four more than 8 of a Romney with a sympathetic legislative branch.
The last month Obama has seen a big drop off in donations, I have read.

I think Romney is going to loose also. But the house and senate are going to get a good cleaning. Look at Dick Luger today, he admits, conservatives and the Tea Party helped him being booted. People seem to not want Liberals in the .gov.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #599 on: May 08, 2012, 05:45:40 PM »
I agree.

Interestingly I was just looking at the campaign contributions broken down by amount and the two candidates are almost polar opposites.

Obama gets just over 50% of his funds in donations $200 or less.

Romney on the other hand gets just over 50% of his from $2500 + (up to the limit) donations.

I take this that buisness is choosing Romney (no suprise) but Obama has much broader support on the grass roots level from voters themselves. IMO this is a strong indicator of how things will shake down come November.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance