Author Topic: How do I post photos?  (Read 318 times)

Offline Kid Kneestone

• Trade Count: (0)
How do I post photos?
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
I would like to post some pictures on this site.  I tried a "search" for how I could post photos but was unsuccessful?  I would be most grateful to anyone for pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you very much,

Kid Kneestone

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: How do I post photos?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:01 PM »
From, "Forums Support", on the home page,

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,1804.0.html

Or, you can do it the easy way and use the 'attachment' option located just below your text box when posting.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
The first step is to upload your photos to a web host somewhere.  GBO has one called MyHostedPics that is suitable; it has a free side and a pay for side that allows more features.  But there are lots of other places you can host your images if they provide features more to your liking.

You will have to  investigate the one you choose for details of how you upload to it.  Once you have loaded your images on a web site, you can reference them in the posts by using the img and /img operators.  Either click the icon above for Insert Image and place the url between the tags or hand type the tags with the image url in between.  Most photo hosts give the image url in some easy to use (usually cut and paste) fashion.  The image below is hosted on my site with godaddy.com and the line below is what puts it in the post.

Code: [Select]
[img]http://gunneyg.info/images/SusanvilleCannon4.jpg[/img]
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »
Right at the top of the forum is a sticky  called: References: Cannon FAQ's, Posting Picture Books, the web, and Cannon Plans

Open the sticky and you will find the picture posting link, click on it and you will be taken to this post.     
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,3460.html

You can  also make the picture an attachment by clicking on Attachments and other options right below reply window.  This allows you direct up load pictures and certain documents.   

Your attachment will show in your post as a thumbnail and can be seen only by persons who are logged in to the board. 

The thumbnail is nice as it doesn't take up much band width and slow the loading of the page.  Viewers have the option of clicking on your  attachment and opening full size.   

Attachments are not eligible for a Kewpie.