Author Topic: Replacement grips for 922 revolver  (Read 1476 times)

Offline dlbarr

• Trade Count: (0)
Replacement grips for 922 revolver
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
just bought my first H&R pistol and want to change the plastic grips for something made of wood or hard rubber. Anyone know of a source fro grips? Thanks!

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
Re: Replacement grips for 922 revolver
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:58:50 AM »
I've seen some on ebay.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
They're not cheap but tombstonegrips-dot-com has replacements listed
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline dlbarr

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 06:13:06 PM »
I'll take a look at those. I did find some on ebay - hard rubber. But boy are they BIG & Bulky. That's the one thing about buying that stuff...you don't really know what you're gettin' until you got it.

My bigger concern is the lack of a half-cock position for the hammer in order to load/unload from the loading gate/groove on the frame. I see that you answered my other post about that....does that mean there is no half cock on a 922?

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
I'll take a look at those. I did find some on ebay - hard rubber. But boy are they BIG & Bulky. That's the one thing about buying that stuff...you don't really know what you're gettin' until you got it.

My bigger concern is the lack of a half-cock position for the hammer in order to load/unload from the loading gate/groove on the frame. I see that you answered my other post about that....does that mean there is no half cock on a 922?

correct - only hammer down and full cock.  It's one you will want to NOT keep fully loaded, keep an empty under the hammer.
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline dlbarr

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »
OK, well thanks....wish I'd known that before I bought it. But it's still kinda a cool little pistol.

Offline hvac999

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I just bought a set of rosewood's for my 923 on Ebay for 14.95 + about $8 for shipping. They are nice. He doesn't have many

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:19 AM »
www.e-gunparts.com has them.  But lets not tell too many about it.  They offer wood and plastic grips.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:11 AM »
those are cool pistols. Last summet I looked high and low for one because I wanted a cheap 22 plinker. Someone told me the 922s were plentiful and cheap. I found them to be niether one! I wound up getting a new Rough Rider 22 and I have liked it but I still like the looks of those 922s

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?