Author Topic: Romney will address the NRA.  (Read 3781 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Romney will address the NRA.
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:07 AM »
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq8dttOai5Jdu1Xbq5Vj6EqbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTVuN244YjY5BGEDUm9tbmV5IHRvIGFkZHJlc3MgTlJBIGFmdGVyIHJldmVhbGluZyBoZSdzIGEgZ3VuIG93bmVyBGNjb2RlA3B6YnVhbGxjYWg1BGNwb3MDNARnA2lkLTIxNzY0ODgEaW50bAN1cwRtY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRtcG9zAzIEcGtndAMyBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN0ZC1ud3MEc2xrA3RpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAxBHdvZQMxMjc3NTE1MA--/SIG=13svptvlt/EXP=1334078298/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/romney-address-nra-weeks-revealing-hes-gun-owner-141715142--abc-news-politics.html

Romney to Address NRA Weeks After Revealing He's a Gun OwnerBy Emily Friedman | ABC OTUS News – 2 hrs 53 mins ago     
Mitt Romney will address the National Rifle Association's annual meeting later this week, a speech that comes at a crucial time for the candidate who is working to appeal to the conservative base of his party as he inches closer to clinching the Republican nomination.
Romney, who tells voters on the campaign trail that he believes "we have all the laws we need" in regard to gun control,  revealed for the first time just over a month ago that he owns two shotguns. When asked about his stance on gun control during a town hall meeting in Columbus, Ohio, in February, Romney said, "I believe in the second amendment, I'll protect the second amendment. I have guns myself."
"Not going to tell you where they are. Don't have them on myself either, all right," he added.
The admission came after years of varied remarks on his own hunting experience.
During a virtual debate with the Boston Globe in 2007 Romney was corrected when he claimed to own a gun that he later clarified actually belonged to one of his five sons.
"I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I'm a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms," said Romney, to which the interview corrected him, "Ah, excuse me, but isn't that son Josh's gun?"
Romney responded, "Um, well, yes, but so what? He has several guns out at our vacation place in Utah, and I use them from time to time."
Also in 2007, Romney explained during an interview exactly what kind of hunting he likes.
"I'm not a big game hunter. I've always been, if you will, a rodent and rabbit hunter all right, small varmints if you will," Romney said.
And earlier this year, during a Fox News debate, Romney was asked whether he has hunted in the years since 2007, to which the candidate responded, "I'm not going to describe all of my great exploits. But I went moose hunting actually.  Not moose hunting, I'm sorry, elk hunting with friends in Montana. I've been pheasant hunting."
"I'm not the great hunter that some on this stage, probably Rick Perry, my guess is you are a serious hunter. I'm not a serious hunter, but I must admit I guess I enjoy the sport and when I get invited I'm delighted to be able to go hunting," said Romney.
Romney's speech to the NRA, scheduled for Friday, April 13, will not be his first. The candidate addressed the association in 2008 and 2009. Romney also sent a short video message the annual meeting in 2011.
Former senator Rick Santorum and former speaker Newt Gingrich are also expected to attend the NRA meeting this week.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cuts Crooked

Re: Romney will address the NRA.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:52:40 AM »
I will be curious to see if his "speech addresses his anti gun stance as governor....or if the NRA will even try to ask him about it. ::)

(I strongly suspect it will be a white wash)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
I will be curious to see if his "speech addresses his anti gun stance as governor....or if the NRA will even try to ask him about it. ::)

(I strongly suspect it will be a white wash)

easy one!......................NO and NO!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »
Ever notice how politicians, when trying to get elected, relate hunting with 2nd amendment rights. I'm sure the pictures of Romney duck or pheasant hunting will be showing soon. Politicians will lie through their teeth if they think it will buy them votes. Never believe what they say, but always look into their past. Normally politicians don't vote for gun laws then all of a sudden become pro 2nd amendment. Romney even stated once that his views didn't line up with the NRA. Now all of a sudden he's toting around his NRA membership. I say he's a liar.   

It doesn't take much effort to see what Romney really is.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Governor/Massachusetts/Mitt_Romney/Views/The_Second_Amendment/
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »
Ever notice how politicians, when trying to get elected, relate hunting with 2nd amendment rights. I'm sure the pictures of Romney duck or pheasant hunting will be showing soon. Politicians will lie through their teeth if they think it will buy them votes. Never believe what they say, but always look into their past. Normally politicians don't vote for gun laws then all of a sudden become pro 2nd amendment. Romney even stated once that his views didn't line up with the NRA. Now all of a sudden he's toting around his NRA membership. I say he's a liar.   

It doesn't take much effort to see what Romney really is.

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Governor/Massachusetts/Mitt_Romney/Views/The_Second_Amendment/

.....and in point of fact the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting! ::)

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline jimster

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
.....and in point of fact the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting! ::)

That's exactly as I was thinking, seems to me he equating the 2nd amendment with hunting, big mistake...and I am not feeling good about that at all.  The NRA made the same mistakes when they used to call my house.  Had to correct them as well and make it known the two have nothing to do with each other. 
Pretty scary reading that little tid bit from Romney.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »

That's exactly as I was thinking, seems to me he equating the 2nd amendment with hunting, big mistake...and I am not feeling good about that at all.  The NRA made the same mistakes when they used to call my house.  Had to correct them as well and make it known the two have nothing to do with each other. 
Pretty scary reading that little tid bit from Romney.

Yeah, I think the NRA knows many gun owners relate gun rights with hunting. Its why they do it. The NRA has said things like "we have to save Americas hunting heritage".  Sorry to say but to many people are ignorant on this issue, and the NRA isn't helping the matter.   
I have got into arguments with people that are avid hunters, but think its ok to outlaw guns that are not normally used for hunting. These kind of people must think they will be making the call on whats considered a hunting gun.  Not some communist bureaucrats, with the intent of disarming everyone. Hunters that think this way, tick me off more than the total gun grabbers.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
Noticed Barry (our only other choice) isn't addressing the NRA.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
that's right ;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »
Would have been better if Romney hadn't addressed the NRA on the second amendment.  I always get worried when someone starts blathering away about hunting.  Makes me think he doesn't know what the second amendment is for.  Why does anyone have to address the NRA anyway? Just say to the media people should have guns and learn to be proficient with them for a number of reasons and leave it at that.  NRA endorsements are getting to be almost like the Nobel Peace prize, not worth a whole lot.  IMO. 

Offline cpileri

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »
You know, i seriously want to run for office one day, just so someone will ask me if i own a gun and hunt so i can say,
" Let's get something straight: the Second Ammendment is not about hunting; its about POLITICIANS!  Its about you being able to force me not to infringe on your Constitutionally protected freedoms, if I can't be moved by reason.  And I hope you are all doing so.  Yes, I am absolutely in favor of the right to be armed when in the same room as me, an aspiring politician!"

C-
and that without them
we should have no knowledge of it at all."
~ Martin Luther

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 02:33:34 PM »

Yup! But then he doesn't have to lie and weasel around to buy votes from neocons. Romney on the other hand, wants us to forget what he's already done so he can do it again!!!!!!!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
HEH. He REVEALED he is a gunowner?? Sounds like he sees it as confessing to a crime. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
It's always a shotgun with this type of polititian, ties in with the aristocrat & the "bird hunting" thing is more acceptable to Libs, same in Europe. It's a way to ride the fence alittle.
They never mention an '06 or handgun.

Since he is no longer running for a sorry Lib Northeastern State, I don't see him as being an activist in this matter. If we have a Rep. Congress, I just don't see him trying to take on gun control. However, if we have a Dem Congress that passes gun control, I would not doubt him signing it. He is a reed shaken by the wind & I don't trust him.

However, regardless of Congress, Obama has nothing to lose in 2nd term as he has told his little Russian friend & EO's are coming, but most likely he will say we have to go along with the UN and have World Gun Ban, I have NO doubt of that!

Bad stuff!!

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
Reminds me of another famous "hunter" from Massachusetts:

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »

reckon so

Offline scootrd

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

didn't anyone learn anything from Cheney, Keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to fire.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 03:18:36 AM »
be interested to see what Romney has to say, as he's likely the nominee

I want to know... which one of them has a couple milsurps and lever rifles? Who knows the diff between a 30-30 and .35 Rem? I've a vague memory of reading interview wtih Dubya for American Rifleman, where he did not know what his deer rifle was chambered in - "it's a .245? .248?" - interviewer had to helpfully suggest .243... geeeezzzzzzzz   ::)

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 03:18:56 AM »

HEH, I especially like it when kerry said he loved crawling along the forest floor hunting deer with his dbl bbl 12 ga. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 05:12:59 AM »
be interested to see what Romney has to say, as he's likely the nominee

I want to know... which one of them has a couple milsurps and lever rifles? Who knows the diff between a 30-30 and .35 Rem? I've a vague memory of reading interview wtih Dubya for American Rifleman, where he did not know what his deer rifle was chambered in - "it's a .245? .248?" - interviewer had to helpfully suggest .243... geeeezzzzzzzz   ::)

But he had a rifle, more than the others in recent memory.

But yea, would like to see him talk of cartridges, but don't look for it.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 05:57:17 AM »

I guess the moron must have left his safety glasses back at the club house. I wonder if he shot it with the buttstock tucked under his arm like that or if he even shot it at all?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
We as gunowners are holding our breath and putting a clothespin on our nose for the presidential ballot, but we should be doubling down to take complete control of congress -- 33 seats up for grabs, 22 of them with Dummyrats.   we get 11 of them and keep our own, we can halt any filibuster.   And, I know the NRA has not said squat about taking back Congress, as I read my friend's NRA mags and LaPierre has said nothing in his column appearing Boar Hunter Magazine.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
  The choice will be between Obama and Romney..the question is who is more likely to defend the 2nd.  Romney has already said (readthe article) that we already have enough gun laws.
    Obama and Hillary are both trying to let the UN have rule over our guns;  http://visiontoamerica.org/2768/obama-pushing-un-gun-control-on-us/   

Simple question is;  ..will you vote for Romney or will you vote for Obama..by sitting on your thumbs ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
We as gunowners are holding our breath and putting a clothespin on our nose for the presidential ballot, but we should be doubling down to take complete control of congress -- 33 seats up for grabs, 22 of them with Dummyrats.   we get 11 of them and keep our own, we can halt any filibuster.   And, I know the NRA has not said squat about taking back Congress, as I read my friend's NRA mags and LaPierre has said nothing in his column appearing Boar Hunter Magazine.

ST762
this is more important than folks realize.  don't know about the senate, but the entire house is up in november. we could really make a difference if we all fought on the same battlefield.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 11:50:43 AM »
I totally agree that Congress is the key, this is where we must hit them hard, doesn't matter who the president is if he does not have a senate or the house.   Obviously the Republican party is still trying to commit suicide here, sure is hard trying to go around them while they are laying on the floor bleeding.  Romney would fit right in with the current congress, but I don't think he'll win anyway, and with the current congress, what difference does it make?  They will write it and either Romney or Obama would sign it. 
Best concentrate on congress for sure...it's all we have left.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
  The choice will be between Obama and Romney..the question is who is more likely to defend the 2nd.  Romney has already said (readthe article) that we already have enough gun laws.
    Obama and Hillary are both trying to let the UN have rule over our guns;  http://visiontoamerica.org/2768/obama-pushing-un-gun-control-on-us/   

Simple question is;  ..will you vote for Romney or will you vote for Obama..by sitting on your thumbs ?

They will do more than try if Obummer is Re-elected, they will do it & it won't matter what Congress does, just watch which is what most folks will do.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
If Romney is elected and the UN says to him, "take the guns away from your citizens"..he will do it. Doesn't matter what the little weasel says to the NRA, look at what he has already done...Which is what you should always do when a politician opens his mouth, don't listen, LOOK at his past actions......the best predicator of future actions right there.

He's stabbed gun owners in the back before and he won't even flinch before he does it again.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
If Romney is elected and the UN says to him, "take the guns away from your citizens"..he will do it. Doesn't matter what the little weasel says to the NRA, look at what he has already done...Which is what you should always do when a politician opens his mouth, don't listen, LOOK at his past actions......the best predicator of future actions right there.

He's stabbed gun owners in the back before and he won't even flinch before he does it again.

so let's take a quick tally  -

He has alienated gun rights advocates with his record in Massachusetts
He has managed to alienate majority of women voters (and women republican congresswomen (with his position on contraception)
He has managed to alienate Hispanics with his stance on Dream act
He has managed to alienate evangelical Christians as they distrust Mormonism
He has managed to alienate majority of middle class / working poor with his Tax reform proposal
He has managed to alienate majority of moderate independent swing voters with constant flip flopping
He has managed to alienate republicans conservatives in his own party because of his flip flopping they don't believe he is really a conservative ..

Anyone I've forgot ?

Oh yeah , he has garnered the support of the Top 1% and corporations
cause As we all know corporations are people too my friend.

What did Coulter say a year ago or so ...if you don't run Chris Christie , Romney will win , and we will lose in the general election. Talk about for shadowing .

In my opinion , It's over , I don't believe he can recover , even if he tries to pivot back to center in General election
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »

Could be with the emphasis on the "could"

Havn't heard alot of what he thinks of UN, like I said I don't trust him, but as Gov he has no UN record, but I do know what Obummer will do

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »
If I saw Romney running a 3 gun match or IDPA match I would probably like the guy more. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."