Author Topic: Romney will address the NRA.  (Read 3795 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Romney will address the NRA.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2012, 04:03:44 AM »

and, there's no comparison between Mitt and hussein.

I beg to differ they are BOTH.........oh, we're not permitted to write that anymore here.

(but they ARE)
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mitt gets to "lock & load" at the NRA convention today.  Let's see what he says..  Let's see what the NRA says.

There are only two people competeing for the same job..Romney and Obama..Let's see who the Nra endorses, then go from there.. ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2012, 05:08:16 AM »
There are only two people competeing for the same job..Romney and Obama..Let's see who the Nra endorses, then go from there.. ;)

I posted on another thread but will post here as well as it is relevant to this conversation. I dismiss the whole notion and false premise.  I will vote write in or third party.  Just food for thought, Mitt Espouses none of these no matter what initial he has beside his name. And as far as addressing NRA Mitt Romney (R  -  yeah right) has proven he will say or do anything in front of a the particular audience of the day he is addressing to garner support. however his recorded record and deeds state otherwise.

“A political party cannot be all things to all people. It must represent certain fundamental beliefs which must not be compromised to political expediency or simply to swell its numbers.”—Ronald Reagan 1975

“Don’t give up your ideals, don’t compromise, don’t turn to expediency — and don’t, for heaven’s sake, having seen the inner workings of the watch — don’t get cynical.”—Ronald Reagan, 1976

“Principle Over Politics” means that we are calling on our fellow Americans to vote on the basis of the principles espoused and practiced by a candidate, rather than mere party affiliation or supposed political expediency.
  - Constitution Party of Washington

Do not let arguments of expediency persuade you. That is the slow road to oblivion. That is the tortured path to undoing step by step, bit by bit, as the river creates a canyon, the way of life that we love. - Charles Schumer

The most useful thing about a principle is that it can always be sacrificed to expediency. - W. Somerset Maugham

When virtue is lost, benevolence appears, when benevolence is lost right conduct appears, when right conduct is lost, expedience appears. Expediency is the mere shadow of right and truth; it is the beginning of disorder. - Lao Tzu

I was raised with those principals and values and ethics that came out of the men and women that served. But this generation doesn't quite know; they haven't been tested.  - Jack Scalia

Patriotism must be founded on great principals and supported by great virtue.  - Henry Bolingbroke

I obviously am on the side of voting my principals , as I can only affect what I can affect and will never again be forced into a false choice for political expediencies.

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »
  Did you listen to his speech to the NRA this afternoon ?  I did and he guaranteed he would guarantee our constitutional rights.  The NRA seemed very pleased.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Quote from Ironglow:
" Did you listen to his speech to the NRA this afternoon ?  I did and he guaranteed he would guarantee our constitutional rights.  The NRA seemed very pleased."

In all seriousness with Romney's past record on gun rights why would you believe what he told the NRA anymore than if Obama had said the same thing?
GuzziJohn

Offline scootrd

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2012, 10:26:52 AM »
Haven't had a chance to here it yet  -  bet here's a side bet , I'm sure he will say what an avid hunter he is , but let's all remember the below from 2007 . Will be interesting to here his speech today . I'm sure we will all here a flip flop in there somewhere. Just like everything else he has stated. I don't think he has any true principals , at least none I can discern.
changes with the wind.

- JMHO

April 11, 2007, 6:00 a.m.

By Dave Kopel

From the viewpoint of a Second Amendment supporter, it doesn’t matter whether Mitt Romney is an expert varmint stalker. It does matter whether he is sincere in his support of the Second Amendment.

His stories last week about his lifetime of hunting give reason to doubt that President Romney would be a reliable defender of gun-owner rights. Last week, Romney declared, “I've been a hunter pretty much all my life.” Asked for details, his staff said that he had only been hunting twice  — once when he was fifteen, and last year, on an excursion for major donors to the National Republican Governors’ Association. No state in which Romney has lived shows any record of him having ever possessed a hunting license.

When Romney ran successfully for Massachusetts governor in 2002, the NRA gave his Democratic opponent a higher rating on gun-rights issues but made no endorsement. Massachusetts quadrupled its gun-licensing fee while Romney was governor. He signed a law that made permanent a ban on assault-type weapons,

"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »

In all seriousness with Romney's past record on gun rights why would you believe what he told the NRA anymore than if Obama had said the same thing?
GuzziJohn
hmmmm, if we are judging folks that way, then Ron Paul is a racist.  he's said some ugly things.
feel free to read his news letters.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »

and, there's no comparison between Mitt and hussein.

I beg to differ they are BOTH.........oh, we're not permitted to write that anymore here.

(but they ARE)
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mitt gets to "lock & load" at the NRA convention today.  Let's see what he says..  Let's see what the NRA says.

Alaways amazes me what short memories "conservatives" have. Look at what they do...don't listen to what they say......you can be right every time that way!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
 Nope;  Mitt didn't mention anything about being a hunter,Wall st occupier, abortionist, welfare queen, union thug or race baiter. 
    Ohhhh.. wait a minute..he's in the wrong party for those last fve items. ;)   :D   ;D   ;D
    Nevertheless, he never mentioned hunting.  He mention how the Obama administration has eroded our rights.   

Our economic rights  by useless and restrictive regulation piled upon regulation and spending the country towards bankruptcy.
      Our civil rights by trying to take away building rights from landowners..(the SCOTUS shot Obama down...9 to 0).

Our freedom of religion by trying to tell churches who could be their pastor.. (SCOTUS again shot him down .9 to 0).

Again our religious freedom for trying to dictate what the Roman Catholic Church should believe and support.

He also took up our 2nd amendment, and although he mentioned hunting, he concentrated especially on our right to defend ourselves in our own home and the sacrosanct position of the second amendment ..right along with all others in the Bill of Rights..

I did watch that speech, and I was impressed.  Prior to this, I had known he was a smart business man, very knowledgeable in engineering things which could bring our country back to solvency..but I thought he perhaps had a rather flat, uninteresting personality.
     I was pleasantly surprised to hear a man who could deliver a genuine, lively speech which really held one's interest.
  That, together with his wife showing her sparkling personality when she answered the Democrats "war on women, hate normal homemakers" statements which were delivered an oval office wart a couple days ago.....paints a picture of a couple who would be much better occupants of the White house than we have at present.

Mitt got many rounds of applause during the speech, but perhaps the biggest round was when he said that as president he wouldn't be running around the world, apologizing for America.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »
Quote from Ironglow:
" Did you listen to his speech to the NRA this afternoon ?  I did and he guaranteed he would guarantee our constitutional rights.  The NRA seemed very pleased."

GuzziJohn

This fall's election will be between Romney and Obama...  surely Romney's gun rights history isn't this bad:
    http://www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2012/02/the-united-nations-agenda-against-private-gun-ownership/

Or here; scroll down to "Yes Obama backed Illinois handgun ban"..

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/barack_obama_gun_control.htm

Or this;
  http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.aspx?NavGuid=530ecfa4-ae4e-4819-97e6-892463d99f08

I sure am pleased that you are an avid gun rights voter, and the Republicans can count on your vote this fall.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »
Another thing people have not mentioned........

While Romney accepted the opportunity to address the NRA, Obama refuses to address this organization.

Speaks volumes to me......

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
Obviously one is more honest than the other, but they both disgust me!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »
  I tried to find pictures of the various candidates holding guns.. I found some for Rick Santorum, Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich.  I couldn't couldn't find any for Mitt Romney and after much searching I found one for Ron Paul (it's old, so it must be his basic training photo).
   Obama wasn't to be trusted with a gun..so they gave him a stick...

Then there is Sarah, a real 2nd amendment, gun rights advocate whom some of the stalwart 'gun rights' advocates here, tried to trash.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »
I will be curious to see if his "speech addresses his anti gun stance as governor....or if the NRA will even try to ask him about it. ::)

(I strongly suspect it will be a white wash)
There is a difference between a Governor and a President.
Under the 10th amendment ment the States can pick thier own Gun laws.  Why we have some states that allow Class III and others that do not.
Even you neo confederates should gather the idea of States Rights.  You know it was that War the south fought about and lost.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:32 PM »
I'd vote for Sarah for anything.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
  Let's face it, the Republican primary is over..but still some "conservatives" continue hacking at the Republican candidates.
  They are still doing this even though we all have a bigger fish to fry..namely B. Hussein  ..But they don't slam him near as much !
  Are they really conservatives..or are they closet liberals ?

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
I will be curious to see if his "speech addresses his anti gun stance as governor....or if the NRA will even try to ask him about it. ::)

Under the 10th amendment ment the States can pick thier own Gun laws.  Why we have some states that allow Class III and others that do not.
Even you neo confederates should gather the idea of States Rights.  You know it was that War the south fought about and lost.

In short.....he didn't address it, did he? Remember that when he gives you over to the UN.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
    Well..Mitt did make it clear in his address to the NRA today.  I don't know how much clearer he could put it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46N8lnnYa54   Of course, if we are to doubt what any candidate says..then how can we believe Gingrich, Paul, Santorum either ?   Be consistant; fairness demands it..

He gave us other food for thought today..for anyone who can take it:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD90XaERcuA

The representatives at the NRA sure gave him some solid applause..but I suppose the usual detractors consider them a bunch of idiots also..

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

In short.....he didn't address it, did he? Remember that when he gives you over to the UN.

Could be, he has no history of dealing with the UN, so we would be guessing, I will say on that angle I don't know because I don't. As always, I don't trust him. I have never met a Mormon that had any affection for the UN or the concept of World Gov., but then again he is not a strict Mormon on some issues as we have seen.

Out of those pics, Palin is a standout. I would like to see a pic of Paul with a gun (a real pic) though we know he is pro-gun. I like the pic of Perry, as a real Texan he is not afraid to be seen with a handgun.

I am heading up to the NRA show in the morning (have to leave very earlyfrom down here), but I want to see the gun booths and talk to Man. Reps, won't hang around for the speeches thou.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
  Perry of course, is the one candidate we KNOW can handle a gun..even a little one.  He shot a coyote that threatened his dog while he was jogging with the pup.
   He used his Ruger LCP..Ruger was impressed enough to commission a commemorative..I think I'd like one..

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
    Well..Mitt did make it clear in his address to the NRA today.  I don't know how much clearer he could put it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46N8lnnYa54   Of course, if we are to doubt what any candidate says..then how can we believe Gingrich, Paul, Santorum either ?   Be consistant; fairness demands it..

He gave us other food for thought today..for anyone who can take it:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD90XaERcuA

The representatives at the NRA sure gave him some solid applause..but I suppose the usual detractors consider them a bunch of idiots also..

Thought so.....he didn't asddress it, didn't even make an oblique reference to his past actions. WHen you bring up the others, like I've tried to get through your skulls repeatedly, LOOK AT WHAT THEY'VE DONE......not what comes out when they move their lips! You can make up any excuse you wish, but the bottem line is Romney has used his political position to forward the cause of the anti gun faction.....doesn't matter what he says, it what he did. And his past actions are good indicator of his future actions......and he will do it again. he can't help it, like most socialists he just keep chipping away at freedom whenever he can, while moving his mouth to make noises like he's trying to help you.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:11 AM »
finally heard the speech .. What I acertained was it appears his position in front of the audience was .. Obama has not done anything to advance legislation against gun rights....  So therefore ..don't vote for him , because he must have something up pending his sleeve. The old Karl Rove , Bush admin , weapons of mass destruction tactic....instill fear in everyone tactic.

Don't look at my record (Mitt)  -  because it's one of my weaknesses
Look at my opponents (Obama)  -  because he is doing nothing , must mean he is up to something.

Because as we have all learned when someone is NOT doing something , they there for MUST be planning to do something.

Fear and loathing , Here is a quote from his speech  - 

"We need a president who will enforce current laws(which laws are not being enforced?), not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners,(what new laws has he created ?)" Romney said, though he did not cite any specific new such law or proposal made by the Obama administration. In fact, many liberals have been disappointed by the president's lack of action on gun control.

Here comes the Karl Rove second amendment Fear Tactic part -

"In his first term, we've seen this president try to browbeat the Supreme Court(Actually he only stated the quotes of what the Bush admin had stated earlier about the Supreme court and activist  Judges, they were not his words they were Bush admins words he was reciting to remind people.). In a second term, he would remake it," Romney said. "Our freedoms would be in the hands of an Obama Court, not just for four years, but for the next 40. And we must not let that happen." (Warning danger will Robinson!!!! because he hasn't attacked gun rights yet, must mean he's planning on doing so in second term).

Mitt and Obama  -  Twin sons from different mothers
. I'm not buyin the snake oil either carpetbagger is peddlin this time round.

Third party or Write in for me.

“Principle Over Politics” means that we are calling on our fellow Americans to vote on the basis of the principles espoused and practiced by a candidate, rather than mere party affiliation or supposed political expediency.
  - Constitution Party of Washington

Semper Fi

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »
  Cuts... They are ALL politicians..so I guess they are all lying..Romney and the two also-rans.... too bad conservatives can't find an honest man..  What shall they do next ?  You Paulistas sure are a "piece of work" !  It is not enough to promote his conservative credentials.. you seem driven to try to trash all other conservative candidates..irrationally. 
   Accusations are cheap and anybody can make them.  Most here have spoken in favor of one or the other, while few try to get down&dirty in an effort to trash other conservatives...that is with the exception of the dyed-in-the-wool Paulistas..who spend more time trying to trash his opponents, rather than presenting the positives of Ron Paul..perhaps there is a shortage of positives.  After all, few REAL conservatives could back the idea of turning every 7-11 into a bargain basement for halucinatory drugs !
    Hey; Now there's an idea !  How about in honor of his drug free-for-all idea, he should be called RON PILLS !! ;)   ;D
    There now, is "turnabout fair play" ?

So let's hear something positive now and then..if you can possibly drum some up..

BTW: where are the comemorative guns designed in recognition of Ron Paul..   

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Scoot;
  An excellent example of "selective hearing"..especially oin your efforts to justify Obamanation.  You asked what new laws he has created...don't you know ?  First he circumvents congress with somne 32 "czars" who can and do create "fiat laws".. DUH!
  Ten he demands the EPA and other agencies which shouldn't even exist, pile on tons of regulations which handicap business from operating and persuade other entrepreneurs from even considering a startup.  So you like Marxism, don't complain to conservatives..this nation was designed for capitalism.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
Ironglow,

LOL!!! I have to justify NOTHING. Romeny is a socialist gun grabber......matter of public record. Paul on the other hand is a proven constitutionalist..again, a matter of record.

Insofar as "trashing" Romeny, the only thing I've done that might be called that is to warn y'all what yer in for if he does, by some remote chance, get elected....BASED ON HIS PAST RECORD.

Turnabout fair......I suppose it might be......if the "war on drugs" was either constitutional or even winable.....the reallity is that your argument is for a bottomless hole that sucks money from taxpayers for something that hasn't even made a dent in the availability of street drugs. Try something different...that one won't hunt. Believe me I know, I fought in that war a long time, we haven't done anything close to being a success :-\

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
 ...OK..pay homage to your savior..RON PILLS, the only perfect human.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
   few REAL conservatives could back the idea of turning every 7-11 into a bargain basement for halucinatory drugs !
palistas, I like that.  conservatives could put a stop to a lot of the drug trafficing by putting dealers away for life, or, if they were responsible for a death, put them to death.
however, the PALISTAS ;D and the democrats are willing to buy votes by pandering to young and middle aged dope heads.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
If there is no right choice, then a revolution is eminent.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »
conservatives could put a stop to a lot of the drug trafficing by putting dealers away for life, or, if they were responsible for a death, put them to death.

Nice try, but the fact is that while "conservatives" have had plenty of opportunity they have consistantly failed to institute the death penalty for drug crime, or even pass any legislation that would make ANY real difference. Those are FACTS......... they had the power and the time, and they didn't do it. Ever wonder why?

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
Almost fergot:

Really appreciate the sacreligion from the "good Christians", when they can't come up with a good argument......"perfect human" is not possible and I have mentioned before that I do not see anyone that way....short memories here I guess.

There was only one "perfect human" and using that is......well, it's yours to deal with.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2012, 03:27:23 AM »

LOL!!! I have to justify NOTHING. Romeny is a socialist gun grabber......matter of public record. Paul on the other hand is a proven constitutionalist..again, a matter of record.

It's also a matter of public record that when congressional republicans pledged to stop pork spending, RP and the democrats ignored the pledge and continued paying the political machines that put them in office.  he would fit right in with rahm emmanual.
REAL conservatives don't worship any candidate.  that's for liberals and their ilk.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye