Author Topic: Calling the Obama economy a wasteland is an understatement. - Breitbart  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Calling the Obama economy a wasteland is an understatement. - Breitbart
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 12:30:25 PM »
Republicans turned into a bunch of whining little girls.
No, they just wear blinders like my uncle's plow mule wore.  They can't see backwards. 

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
Still waiting on some data rather than just the typical bashing ...
held fast

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »
Data?  Read any newspaper from December, 2008.  Take off your rose colored Republican glasses and your blinders as you read, please.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
Data?  Read any newspaper from December, 2008.  Take off your rose colored Republican glasses and your blinders as you read, please.

In other words you have no data. ::)

New York Times anyone? ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »

That is hilarious, coming from a supporter of the democrat party, WHICH has been whining about Bush for over 3 years.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »

I'm sure you would know that sound well. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »
Crusty, your right. Alot of us Republicans see where this country is headed, and we are crying. We're like a kid sitting in the backseat watching dad drive us off a cliff. Not a damn thing we can do, try and warn dad to slow down, or take a different path. In the mean time, your sitting in the front seat, telling dad, go faster, have another drink, we'll be just fine when we land. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 03:36:35 AM »

In other words you have no data. ::)

New York Times anyone? ;D

Numbers please!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 05:12:05 AM »

Numbers please!
DJIA shortly after GWB left office = ~6200.  DJIA a few minutes ago =

Offline magooch

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 05:17:14 AM »
Obamanationists conveniently forget that Bush had to deal with a Dumycrat (communist) Congress in his last two years.  Do the names Pilosi and Reid mean a thing to ya Andy?  (a little Amos and Andy lingo there)
Swingem

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 06:30:15 AM »
Here's some opinions/data- WARNING:  big words and complex theories involved!

Who's to blame for the Great Recession- both Parties!  We all are! Surprised?  Buck up!
http://ftp.iza.org/dp4934.pdf
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/01/stiglitz-depression-201201
http://economics-the-economy.knoji.com/what-caused-the-great-recession-of-20082009/
http://heathenrepublican.blogspot.com/2011/07/who-and-what-caused-great-recession.html

We're still by far the world's biggest economic power but not so big that we can ignore the rest of the world. The recession is world wide and if you think think any preisident can wave a wand Hogwarts style and everything will be better you're sorely mistaken.
 Have mistakes been made? Absolutely.
Time to quit whining and be a Real American. The solution is reduced spending, some tax increases and some Keynesian debt.  8)
Welcome to the real (and complicated) world. It's going to be interesting!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Casull

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 06:56:57 AM »
some tax increases

Yep, when the economy is struggling, the best thing to do is increase taxes.    ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 07:01:38 AM »
DJIA shortly after GWB left office

Um, that would have been when obama was President.   Now, how about looking at unemployment, national debt, price of gasoline, price of food, etc.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »

Um, that would have been when obama was President.   Now, how about looking at unemployment, national debt, price of gasoline, price of food, etc.
Um, Obama hadn't been there long enough to know where the men's rooms were.  You can't blame the ~6200 DJIA on him.  Now, how about looking at the local banks are still open.  Blame?  You and your right wing friends are to blame for putting GWB & Company in office for eight years.  If Romney gets elected--God, forbid--look for a tax increase on the middle class, another GWB-like tax cut for the upper-upper class, repeal of almost all bank/financial regulations, and an eventual return to the verge of Great Depression II.  It will happen.  Eight years of Romney & Company, and over the verge this country falls.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:15 AM »

According to Junior and Raptor those are all Bush's fault. Ironic ... republicans are whiny?

Not a republican by the way, nor a democrat. Just another citizen of the republic sick of the trends, looking for someone to take responsibility for the job of fixing the problem. Evidently, that's not what the democrats expect of their leadership.

And by fix ... well there's a used car lot outside of base ... any base, pick one ... that has the most broke down clunkers you can find. Rusted, needing a new tranny, etc. But they paint it really slick, through some chrome on the rims and pop a low end stereo in the dash. Offer low interest financing ... and the ignorant line up and call it a win. When I see Junior's posts about the DJIA, Earl Shive comes to mind.

Still waiting for someone to provide statistical evidence that any of the facts in the OP are inaccurate, by now I am left to assume it doesn't exist. I also asked about other statistics that indicate the economic problems that were created since 2008, not under the watch of the previous administration. Still don't have any data to negate that.

So we're still $15t in debt, 15 million jobs out the door since 2008, 90 MILLION underemployed, and real unemployment at least 19%, although the only differing numbers besides the WH are all higher than 19%.

But were supposed to ignore all that, and watch the DJIA. Ignore inflation, ignore the fact that millions of americans can't afford to watch the DJIA. Maybe we should increase Juniors tax burden since this administration has been good for him.
held fast

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »
>Maybe we should increase Juniors tax burden since this administration has been good for him.
Good for me?  Not especially.  This administration simply stopped another Great Depression.  Elect Romney and my taxes will increase.  So will yours.  No need to argue about it.  Just watch what happens to this recovering economy within two years of a Romney election.

Offline Casull

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
This administration simply stopped another Great Depression.

I should send you a bill for cleaning my keyboard after that.  This administration has drawn out for three years now what could have been cleaned up in one.  Seems obama forgot the first thing to do when you find your self in a hole is to stop digging.  Nope, he went and brought in a backhoe.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »
This administration simply stopped another Great Depression.

I should send you a bill for cleaning my keyboard after that.  This administration has drawn out for three years now what could have been cleaned up in one.  Seems obama forgot the first thing to do when you find your self in a hole is to stop digging.  Nope, he went and brought in a backhoe.
My God, man, you don't read newspapers?  Just a couple more months of GWB and 90% of the banks in the USA would have closed!

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:20 AM »
There is no way you can compare the average americans quality of life now, to that prior to the Bush administration, which is what you would have to believe if you claim that Obama prevented a great depression, and this is all Bush's fault. 90 million americans would disagree, as would anyone who buys gas or food, all the college graduates since spring 2009, and the african american communities who have disproportionately higher rates of unemployment under this administration than the 3 previous.

There are rose colored glassed out there, but I'm not wearing them.
held fast

Offline pspinc2003

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »
THE CLINTONS STOLE FURNITURE, THE OBAMAS ARE STEALING OUR FUTURE

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
There is no way you can compare the average americans quality of life now, to that prior to the Bush administration, which is what you would have to believe if you claim that Obama prevented a great depression, and this is all Bush's fault. 90 million americans would disagree, as would anyone who buys gas or food, all the college graduates since spring 2009, and the african american communities who have disproportionately higher rates of unemployment under this administration than the 3 previous.

Again and again you completely ignore the coming economic disaster as GWB's last term was ending.  Again and again you put the blame on the man who took over when GWB left.  Is there a reason you'd like another Great Depression?

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 05:35:22 PM »

Again and again you completely ignore the coming economic disaster as GWB's last term was ending.  Again and again you put the blame on the man who took over when GWB left.  Is there a reason you'd like another Great Depression?

During the Great Depression, unemployment was 25%.
Using the identical calculus used to determine that number, current unemployment is 24%.

Before we defaulted on our debt in 1933, our national debt jumped from 3 billion to 16 billion from 1916 to 1929.
Our present national debt has jumped to 15 Trillion from a few Trillion after Clinton, just 11 years, nearly 1/2 of it accumulated in this present administration. And we've come close to defaulting again, and its still on the table.

You are staring so hard at the DJIA you're missing the fact that we are in a Depression, the difference is the politicians and the MSM aren't talking about it like they did back then. But the people feel it. Did you know that the suicide rate since 2008 has spiked from a long standing 32K per year to 36k per year, climbing to the 10th most common cause of death in the US? Its higher than it was during the stock market crash in 1929. Financial stress or relationship stress due to financial difficulties remains a leading factor identified by survivors of suicide attempts. Who has the rose colored glasses on?

I'm not playing the blame game, that's your rice bowl. I want my president to do something about it, and all the numbers indicate what he's doing is making it worse. So yes, I will hold him accountable for what he did with the country when he came into office.
held fast

Offline Raptor

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2012, 04:39:18 AM »
As of march National unemployment is at 8.2 , not 24% the lowest since feb 2009' and thats a fact, look it up.

Offline powderman

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 05:24:35 AM »
As of march National unemployment is at 8.2 , not 24% the lowest since feb 2009' and thats a fact, look it up.

Thats according to the obaminations figures which do NOT include the long time unemployed who gave up looking or those whose benefits have run out OR his welfare crowd. Add those all in and the figure would be much closer to 30 % than 8.2. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jimster

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »
OK, I looked it up. 8.2 is a lie.   Sounds like underemployment is a big problem too. All together..your about where Greece was when they crashed.  So now what?  Continue the policies of the last few years...or put the brakes on?  Where I work we have over 70 percent of the people employed by manpower now...average wage, 9 bucks an hour, compared to the average 21 bucks an hour full time hourly regular employees get.  70 percent underemployed where I work...only a small handful of us regular employees left.  The businesses in the entire state is operating like this.  Note....we went from 8000 real employees locally, to 2000....70 percent of that 2000 are now brought in by manpower.  We have watched as these employees off the streets have wrecked our vending machines, got in gang brawls, stolen expensive tools and computers out of our buildings.  We never had problems like this before with full time hires.  We now need more security...many of these employees have rap sheets.  Average time a manpower employee spends is 3-4 weeks, they are either fired or quit and are replaced. Things are much much much mcuh worse these last three years in our state.

If you add these 2.8 million discouraged workers, who are victims  of Obama's failed economic policies, the real unemployment rate is a  whopping 9.9 percent instead of the 8.3 percent the administration  announced Friday.
Most people do not realize the BLS numbers are the result of a  national household survey, i.e. a poll, though it is not the only  survey. The Gallup Poll regularly surveys Americans across the country  to determine who's working and who isn't, and its numbers put the  unemployment rate at a higher 8.7 percent, and the underemployment  rate -- workers in temp jobs or part-timers --  at 18.7 percent.

P.S...adding...I gave Raptor the best numbers closest to his I could find when I searched...most the numbers were in the mid to high 20's percentage for true unemployement.   :o

Offline magooch

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 05:51:24 AM »
Unemployment rate is a very transitory figure and in no way representative of actual facts.  The fact is that there are millions of fewer jobs and millions of fewer people working now than there were before Obama.

I know it falls on deaf ears, but it cannot be overestimated the damage that happened in 2007 when the commies--I mean the Dumycrats took control of Congress.  They absolutely stymied any and all attempts by the Bush administration to make the reforms that would have headed off the financial problems that happened.

I would also posit that Obama himself is at least as responsible as any other factor in bringing on the economic downturn as he incessently repeated over and over that we were in the "worst economy since the depression" during his campaigning in 2008.  Yes, you can in fact talk the economy down, or up.  FDR: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Swingem

Offline Raptor

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2012, 06:04:43 AM »

Thats according to the obaminations figures which do NOT include the long time unemployed who gave up looking or those whose benefits have run out OR his welfare crowd. Add those all in and the figure would be much closer to 30 % than 8.2. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Go to National unemployment web site ,they post the unemployment monthly like they always done
for years, not some made up stuff like you are BS ing about.

Offline jimster

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:33 AM »
I mean the Dumycrats took control of Congress.  They absolutely stymied any and all attempts by the Bush administration to make the reforms that would have headed off the financial problems that happened.
This is a good point to bring up, Dem's took all of congress under Bush, he signed their policies, spent the money they wanted way back in 2007. I can understand why conservatives don't like Bush for signing the Dem controlled congress legislation that ruined us, but I can't for the life of me figure out why Dem's don't like Bush...that don't make any sense at all...he signed everything they put in Front of him in his last term.

There are not many Dem's now sticking with the "things are better" crap (cept a very few stragglers  ;) ) most Dem's now admit...ya OK, things are worse, but they would have been even worse under a republican.  Really hard to hide the numbers now...even MSNBC can't do it so well anymore.  Truth be told, a lot of Dems can't stand Obama either, they just don't know what to do about it...they are stuck in the mud for sure now.  Past legislation that Obama has wanted has been turned down by Dem's too...Obama won't tell you that, but he's not happy with the Dem's either...they laughed his budget (spending plan) he sent them off the floor.  Dem's won't fess up in the media...but they would like to see Obama take a hike too.

Offline Raptor

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »
Republicans what things to be bad right now, they don't what anything good because that makes them wrong and look bad, they are only thinking of themselfs.