Author Topic: Calling the Obama economy a wasteland is an understatement. - Breitbart  (Read 2399 times)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/09/7-devastating-facts-about-the-obama-economy

Calling the Obama economy a wasteland is an understatement. Here are just seven economic facts that begin to capture the economic pain Americans are presently experiencing as they struggle to survive the ravages of the Obama economy :
1.  Every fifth man in America is out of a job.   Indeed, black male unemployment is now at the highest rate it has ever been since the U.S. government began collecting statistics on the subject in 1972.  Just 56.9 percent of black men over the age of 20 are now working.   Indeed, according to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), one out of every six African Americans, male or female, are now unemployed.
2. Every seventh person you pass on the sidewalk now relies on food stamps.
3.  On the last day of President Bush's presidency, gas prices were $1.84 a gallon. Today under Obama, the average price of a gallon of gas costs $3.94.   Easter weekend in Catalina Island, California, drivers saw prices topping $7 a gallon.
4.  In 2006 and 2007, 90% of all college graduates found a job.  Under Obama, just56% of college graduates are able to find a job.
5.  More than one in four U.S. homeowners are "under water" or owe more than their homes are worth.   The housing crisis has now destroyed $7 trillion in U.S. household wealth.  Another 9.5 million homes are still at risk of default, sparking what analysts believe will be a second wave of foreclosures in the months to come.
6.  President Obama has increased the national debt more in three years than President Bush did in eight.  Under Bush, the debt rose $4.899 trillion in eight years.  In three years, Obama has exploded the debt by $4.939 trillion.
7. A record 87,897,000 Americans are no longer in the labor force.   When the number of individuals who have stopped looking for a job and/or who are working part-time but desire full-time employment is included--a figure known as the "underemployment rate"--real unemployment stands at 19.1%.
As President Obama said in a speech a week ago, ""In three years we’ve begun to see what change looks like."
held fast

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Call it a Bush wasteland and you'd get it right, TM!  GWB put us on the edge of economic collapse, not Obama!

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Call it a Bush wasteland and you'd get it right, TM!  GWB put us on the edge of economic collapse, not Obama!

I knew it was "Bushes fault"  Does it really matter who got us on the edge? Obama is shoving us over.

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline jimster

I think according to the factual numbers, the debt increase, the unemployed, the number of people that got poorer, number of people on food stamps, the racial tension, the divsion of Americans,  the shrinkage of the private sector and the growth of the government, I'd have to say things got much worse under President Obama. Those are the facts.  It seems kind of strange to say everything got worse because of someone else if your in charge, we fire people for that in the private sector.  Spending 10 times more money faster and having even more corruption in Government is not what I'd call getting better.  At some point...there is a record and numbers to go by, if what your doing is making things worse instead of better, you just can't keep blaming it on other people.  Lately we have seen the feds running guns and ammo across the border to drug cartels using our money, we have seen them dump our tax money into bankrupt green companies, we are spread out all over the globe with our military, even more so than before,  we watched our congress openly buy votes and bribe each other with our tax money to get yes votes on a fake health care bill...list is too long...but how did Bush do all this from his ranch?  I'm not a Bush fan, but geez...lets get real here.  Things are worse and going to get even more worse under President Obama.  All the facts are there...Obama can't run on his dismal record, he can only blame and bash and divide Americans. 

Offline teamnelson

At any point in the past 3 years he could've taken action to reverse the trend. But no; Bush took an inch, but we've gone over a mile since then. It is ludicrous to continue blaming the previous administration on the eve of his 2nd term.
held fast

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Well said TeamNelson. It's time Obama and his followers step up and take blame for all the nonsense they spew.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
We are now seeing the fruits of sadly my generation, who for so manyy simply cannot accept personal responsibility.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline teamnelson

If I had an employee who blamed his failures on the guy before him ... for 3 years straight ... I'd not renew his contract. The comes a time when you need to man up, eat your peas, and take responsibility for your own actions. You might not've started the party, but its your job to finish it right. Otherwise, don't seek the job.
held fast

Offline nomosendero

If I had an employee who blamed his failures on the guy before him ... for 3 years straight ... I'd not renew his contract. The comes a time when you need to man up, eat your peas, and take responsibility for your own actions. You might not've started the party, but its your job to finish it right. Otherwise, don't seek the job.

Why sure, that is supposed to be the reason a person is hired.

Offline DDZ

We are now seeing the fruits of sadly my generation, who for so manyy simply cannot accept personal responsibility.
g

That is for sure. Personal responsibility is not part of our government run schools agenda. Its blame something, or someone for your errors. Its no wonder Obama is Pres. He is just a reflection of the people that elected him.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Raptor

Re: Calling the Obama economy a wasteland is an understatement. - Breitbart
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
I can tell you Obama has done a better job with our economy then any republican now and any republican trying to run could do !

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 01:40:31 AM »
I can tell you Obama has done a better job with our economy then any republican now and any republican trying to run could do !
Facts won't work here, Raptor.  These guys either slept through 2008 or wear rose colored Republican glasses. 

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »
The O wasn't forced to take this job, he volunteered and was elected. Man up and do the job and quit blaming every body else.

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 03:15:15 AM »

HEH, thanks, I needed a  good laugh. Do you write for the onion?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:30 AM »

Well dude, I can tell you that the moon is made of green cheese, but that don't make it so.
Swingem

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:15:26 AM »

Well dude, I can tell you that the moon is made of green cheese, but that don't make it so.

Wow, that was one of the craziest things I have seen to date!!  ::)

Offline jimster

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 07:57:51 AM »

There are no facts or numbers to back this statement up.  None. 

All the left has ever had is..."yes it's much worse, but it could have been worse if not for Obama".   But they can't prove that statement.  Nobody could.  So your left with actual numbers, and the facts, things got much much worse under Obama.  Then you have no choice but to create enemies...out of thin air.

Deal with it. Obama made things much worse, and it's not over yet. 

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »

By raising the national debt by more than all presidents before him combined? Food and energy prices are doubled. That puts up some good economic numbers, for somebody. Not me.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 11:58:52 AM »
I wonder if Junior and Raptor are blonds!! ;D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Facts won't work here, Raptor.  These guys either slept through 2008 or wear rose colored Republican glasses.

Facts ... where are your facts to support your position?

How about we make it simple, I would like for you to provide evidence negating the following:

1. Every 5th man in America does not have a job.
2. Every 7th person in America is on food stamps.
3. Gas prices in Catalina Island were $7 a gallon last weekend.
4. Only 56% of college graduates could find a job under this administration.
5. 90 million people are underemployed.
or how about:
- 15 million jobs were deleted in the US under this Administration.
- The debt increased from $9T to $15T in 3 years.
- This administration has not passed a budget.
- Every proposed budget of this administration increases the debt by trillions.

Please, pick one, and supply facts to negate any of those statements. I can't find any, maybe you can. Post up here so we can contrast the report above with your findings.
held fast

Offline scotsman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
Didn't Brietbart die a while back?

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
Didn't Brietbart die a while back?

Yea, his site and alot of people that worked with him did not.

Offline Raptor

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
Yea, republicans are itching to start another war,  so they can feel that they are needed again ****

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »
Yea, republicans are itching to start another war,  so they can feel that they are needed again ****

Fascinating ... like the one in Afghanistan this administration had the choice to end, but actually ramped up? Or the one in Libya where troops were put on the ground and sent into harms way without Congressional approval? Definitely a problem exclusive to only one party.
held fast

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

HEH, thanks, I needed a  good laugh. Do you write for the onion?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Powderman, I don't these guys write for the onion.   They may be key contributors to that venerated liberal pamphlet, The Turnip.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Raptor

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 03:12:12 AM »
No, just someone that injoys guns and not brain washed, like some republicans are.

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 03:27:25 AM »
Dude, you ain't one who ought to be talkin about brain washing.
Swingem

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 03:29:38 AM »
No, just someone that injoys guns and not brain washed, like some republicans are.

"Enjoys" guns & not brainwashed, yet a Demoncrap, whatever you say!! ;D

Offline Raptor

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »
Republicans turned into a bunch of whining little girls.

Offline powderman

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 12:25:01 PM »
Dude, you ain't one who ought to be talkin about brain washing.

MAGOOCH. HEH, aint that the truth. HEY, I like guns so I vote for the anti gun party. I seriously doubt that most of these obamaites even own a gun, let alone shoot. They are good for a laugh though, sometimes, sometimes not. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm