Author Topic: A True Hero  (Read 441 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
A True Hero
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:19:28 PM »

We hear the word hero used so often these days to describe people and events that have nothing to do with heroism.This story is about a man who was a true hero in every sense. God  bless his family as they deal with their loss, and the other family who have their child today because of a hero.

http://gma.yahoo.com/heroic-man-dies-saving-child-powerful-riptide-183449517--abc-news-topstories.html
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: A True Hero
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »
I hope the 5 y.o. grows up to do something significant with her life.  Innocence has its associated responsibilities.  Certainly the Halls have a blessing for which they may take comfort.  There is no love greater than to lay down one's life for another.  Truly heroic, a Father's unselfish act for a child - regardless that the child was not his own, and lives and families forever entwined by events and circumstances beyond their control. 

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: A True Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 04:27:31 AM »
I read about this. Knowing we're all going to die... I can't think of anything better to be remembered for than what Alan Hall did.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.