Author Topic: N Koreas rocket test failed.  (Read 530 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline scootrd

Re: N Koreas rocket test failed.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »

Good
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline sc1911cwp

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »
Ditto ;D
Granddaddy told me Lincoln was a Republican and look what he did to the South.

Offline gatorshooter

• Live from the Bayou State
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
May have been that Regan era energy weapon fired from space??? Or just that Newton theory that "what goes up........!"
Rockin the River and Shakin the Lake.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »
Or maybe you folks are getting suckered in by the media and there never was a real threat just propaganda that you all seem to swallow like it was fine wine. Gee they can't get a missile to hold together but yet they are going to destroy us.... oh no run for your lives the North Koreans are coming run run... or just throw them your leftovers and they will probably leave you alone.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
Let them starve.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Shu

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »
Multiple stage rockets are hard to build and make go into space. Yes the modelers do small scale stuff all the time but there is a huge difference.  Problems multiply quickly the bigger rocket you get. O-rings, ablabative linings and coatings have to be much more robust to survive. A 90 second flight is actually pretty good for the NK program. When the can double that, then there is an issue.

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
Could it have been a a stealth fighter out of South Korea shooting the missle down with a stream of cannon fire?
The missle needs to be strong but light and even small bullet holes can do bad things to a missle what would 30mm cannon fire do wiht HE Incendary shells.

Offline Shu

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 05:16:54 AM »
Would not take a 30mm cannon to knock it down, any small hole in the rocket case would vent gas and it would look like someone took a cutting torch to it. The hole would just keep opening and more propellant burning until it opens all the way up and destroys itself.
Stage 1 went fine, a 90 second burn, it was the beginning of stage 2 that took itself out.
Yes I would love for the scenario of a stealth fighter swooping in knocking it down, that would be awesome. (Thats what we think we pay those Air Force guy for any way)However the technology to put something in space is not as easy as everyone thinks. This was more likely a quality issue in the build up of the rocket.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:20 AM »
Would not take a 30mm cannon to knock it down, any small hole in the rocket case would vent gas and it would look like someone took a cutting torch to it. The hole would just keep opening and more propellant burning until it opens all the way up and destroys itself.
Stage 1 went fine, a 90 second burn, it was the beginning of stage 2 that took itself out.
Yes I would love for the scenario of a stealth fighter swooping in knocking it down, that would be awesome. (Thats what we think we pay those Air Force guy for any way)However the technology to put something in space is not as easy as everyone thinks. This was more likely a quality issue in the build up of the rocket.

Irregardless , their long range missile capability failed and that's a good thing for all.
Guess the black market countries will have to wait a while longer or rely on other
suppliers to to try and fulfill their desired long range missile holiday wish lists. 

-  it was a not so stellar success and that is Good.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 06:03:39 AM »
.... oh no run for your lives the North Koreans are coming run ... or just throw them your leftovers and they will probably leave you alone.

;D
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »
I think the biggest threat from N, Korea is deciding to sell nuclear material to our muslim buddies.
but I wouldn't put it past them to take a shot at S. Korea.
they are, after all, crazy.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »
I think the biggest threat from N, Korea is deciding to sell nuclear material to our muslim buddies.
but I wouldn't put it past them to take a shot at S. Korea.
they are, after all, crazy.
One of the tests in the late 90's they tried to hit Hawaii with the missle.  They can hit S. Korea with Artillary.  Why do they need to shoot an ICBM to hit something a few miles away?  Loading a Nuke in an artillary shell and steaming a boat 3 miles off shore they can land a nuke on S Korea easily.  I know making a nuke into an artillary shell is hard too and they are small tacticle nukes like we have for 105 and 155mm Guns.  If you look at the Fat man Gun type design making a Nuke is not as hard as people think.  I remember in the mid 70's a kid had a Nuke all set up for a 4th grade science project that all he needed to do was add Material and an explosive charge.  Putting a non critical amount of material on one end of a rod and an explosive and another non on the other end and slamming the two halves together gives and explosion.  May not be an efficient one but does give one.  If we can stick a KT in an artillary shell, they can too.  How hard would it be to find an artillary shell?

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »
I didn't think it would work for them.
I knew it was junk when I heard it was stamped  "Made in Korea" on the bottom!