Author Topic: Do as I SAY , not as I DO...  (Read 940 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Do as I SAY , not as I DO...
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:30:15 PM »
  Obama says the wealthier should pay at least 35% income tax rate.  He says if they doon't they are part of the 1% greedy & selfish.  Both he and Warren Buffet say that a big shot's secretary should never pay a higher rate the her boss.
  Well; Obammy's tax returns are in...and guess what !  Obammy made just short of a million..and paid only about 20%...
     http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/us/politics/obamas-release-tax-returns.html   

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/13/obama-tax-return-shows-2011-earnings-78674/

Not only that, but his secretary Anita Breckenridge, paid a higher rate than her boss.. ;)   ;D   ;D   ;D
     http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/04/13/bloomberg_articlesM2FO401A74E901-M2FPK.DTL

Just to set the example, Obama should have at least paid the 35% he wants everyone else in the higher brackets to pay.

That would be like the preacher who chides the congregation to tithe at lest 10%..then puts tithes a piddling amount himself. 
    Warren Buffet comes along with the same demands.  here's the story about that old hypocrite;
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-much-is-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-back-tax-bill-exactly-about-1-billion/

What a pair of phonies...     
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Do as I SAY , not as I DO...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
I want the Buffet Rule in action.
If you don't like the tax don't pay the tax.
The IRS is sueing him for 300 Million he failed to collect and pay on one of his companies that lease private airplanes to the 2%.
Clearly he in practice says that if you disagree with a tax you can ignore it. 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
I want the Buffet Rule in action.
If you don't like the tax don't pay the tax.
The IRS is sueing him for 300 Million he failed to collect and pay on one of his companies that lease private airplanes to the 2%.
Clearly he in practice says that if you disagree with a tax you can ignore it.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Mcwooduck;
    just watch now..some liberal apologist will come up with some conservative..Bush, Paul, Romney or someone else .."didn't pay any more than 20%"..
  Well, let them consider this.. Those conservatives are not calling for raised taxes, in fact almost to a man they say we are already paying too much taxes..taxes should be reduced for all who pay...and QUIT THE WILD SPENDING...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
But clearly they are not saying that you need ot pay more in taxes.  They are practicing what they preach.  Obama and Buffet are not! 
John Kerry said we needed to pay more in taxes and then went out of his way to NOT pay taxes on a luxury Yacht he bought.

I want a federal law, very simple law.  Any one that says we need to pay more in taxes gets to keep their current tax rate.
For Obama he would have had to have Paid 78%
And clearly why are we not going after the actors in Hollywood that make Millions for a movie and then say taxes are too low.  Why don't we start with them and raise entertainment incomes as a seperate catagory and tax it at 60%.  Some how I think movie stars and news anchors will all of a sudden call for tax cuts.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
  Here's another article, clearly showing his lying hypocrisy;

http://nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/obama-releases-taxes-does-not-qualify-for-buffett-rule-20120413

Some piece of work, isn't he !  He made more than 5.5 million dollars and still paid just over 20%.. 

All those greedy, capitalist pigs..the ones his OWS guys and all the Marxist/Democrats hate so much... he's one of them !

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »

http://nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/obama-releases-taxes-does-not-qualify-for-buffett-rule-20120413

Some piece of work, isn't he !  He made more than 5.5 million dollars and still paid just over 20%.. 

All those greedy, capitalist pigs..the ones his OWS guys and all the Marxist/Democrats hate so much... he's one of them !
The President can not have it both ways.
Either the people making 250,000 a year or more are millionaires and billionaires or they are not.  He made under a million and now says he does not need to pay more in the article but his speaches say he should be paying more.  How about the President lead by example and pony up or shut up?   Can we get that as a Republican Ad camapaign and put it on BillBoards and as a Radio and TV Spots?

Offline redneckly33

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

Either the people making 250,000 a year or more are millionaires and billionaires or they are not.  He made under a million and now says he does not need to pay more in the article but his speaches say he should be paying more.  How about the President lead by example and pony up or shut up?   Can we get that as a Republican Ad camapaign and put it on BillBoards and as a Radio and TV Spots?
I agree, Put up or shutup!  Nobody wants to pay more Taxes.  This Countries Working class is taxed to death now.  The Fata**  Poloticians need to curb their appetite for more money.  The entire Goverment is out of touch with reality.  There are people in this Country, that can't make ends meet and they send Millions out of the Country everyday to foreign lands to help them, while our own people are struggling to survive.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:21:44 PM »
  So what' wrong with some 3000 GSA employees having a big party in Vegas...and handing taxpayers an $ 800,000 bill for it ?
    It looks like the 300 GSA "workers" including the bosses, couldn't see anything wrong with it !

..And some here want an even BIGGER government ????

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »

I agree, Put up or shutup!  Nobody wants to pay more Taxes.  This Countries Working class is taxed to death now.  The Fata**  Poloticians need to curb their appetite for more money.  The entire Goverment is out of touch with reality.  There are people in this Country, that can't make ends meet and they send Millions out of the Country everyday to foreign lands to help them, while our own people are struggling to survive.
No they are full entouch with the reality,  They understand that Free or cheap is subsidized at tax payer $ and that it leads to higher and higher costs for those goods.   They understand that as people go with out they act out and reach out to the Government for answers as to why they are going with out.  Look at Argentina in the 1900's look at European health care, look at well anything.
As prices get cheap more is demanded, if it is free to some, others will demand it.  The school lunch program that originally subsidized food costs for school lunches then became free lunches that have become mandatory lunches.  Mandatory lunch programs just instutionalize the need for Government and how you have to have their intrusion.  If it is something as simple a lunch every day it is easy to see how the young think that government providing health care is a good idea.  And of course we are doing it for the Children how can you or your representives say no to giving a child a lunch or seeing a Doctor?
So much so that now many who are on Food stamps and other programs are expecting the schools to feed breakfast as well and now we have a whole program on Food network of how some kids are not fed except at school.  Shouldn't re take the kids and all benefits (food Stamps/ EBT) from them if they are not feeding and clothing the kids with the funds qwe give them for that purpose?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »
  I tried to talk this over with a liberal friend yesterday.  I explained (although I didn't think one should have to)..about leardership
   I explained to the guy that as a Plt Sgt in the Army, I never asked my men to do anything I wouldn't do.  It seems to me that any leader worth the term, would HAVE to be that way.
   He just kept repeating that Obama didn't have to pay more at that time.  Somehow he just couldn't get that through his head the idea about leadership !
   He is not normally stupid (beyond being a liberal), so do you suppose he just playing stupid to defend Obammy; or do liberals truly have trouble with the concept of LEADERSHIP ?

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
  I tried to talk this over with a liberal friend yesterday.  I explained (although I didn't think one should have to)..about leardership
   I explained to the guy that as a Plt Sgt in the Army, I never asked my men to do anything I wouldn't do.  It seems to me that any leader worth the term, would HAVE to be that way.
   He just kept repeating that Obama didn't have to pay more at that time.  Somehow he just couldn't get that through his head the idea about leadership !
   He is not normally stupid (beyond being a liberal), so do you suppose he just playing stupid to defend Obammy; or do liberals truly have trouble with the concept of LEADERSHIP ?
I found that liberals will change positions and if there were a Conservitive that did not pay a lot he will say that they should not have taken any deductions and paid more.
I once made up a story to a liberal about the Clinton Situation and changed Clinton to a CEO of AT&T.  She wanted to castrate the CEO of AT&T by the end of the conversation and then I said by the way the CEO is Bill Clinton and she said but he has the correct position on womens rights.  there is no way to get them to disbelieve even if it is against thier better judgement.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 04:34:53 AM »
obama smells exactly like a dictator.  bad stench.
my tax rate is roughly 15%, and that's plenty for anyone to pay, if spending was under control.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »
my tax rate is roughly 15%, and that's plenty for anyone to pay, if spending was under control.
If we were to dump taxes to a flat 10% with a standard deduction of 10,000 per person you claim.  And remove the restricive EPA the liberals could not spend the federal tax dollars. 
But this is not about the tax dollars, this is about personal property and ending it.
This is about destroying the economy so that enough people will attack the rich and the uber rich and take over private companies.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 06:21:07 AM »
If we were to dump taxes to a flat 10% with a standard deduction of 10,000 per person you claim.  And remove the restricive EPA the liberals could not spend the federal tax dollars. 
But this is not about the tax dollars, this is about personal property and ending it.
This is about destroying the economy so that enough people will attack the rich and the uber rich and take over private companies.
yep, he wants us living in communes raising root vegetables, or working in government factories.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
  Even GOD suggests we only pay 10%... why should any tin-pot wannabee dictator demand more ?  ;)   ;D

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
So, you're a phony hypocrite if you advocate higher taxes but don't voluntarily pay more taxes than required.
Guess you're also a phony hypocrite if you advocate lower taxes and don't withhold the amount you deem appropriate. 8)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »
So, you're a phony hypocrite if you advocate higher taxes but don't voluntarily pay more taxes than required.
Guess you're also a phony hypocrite if you advocate lower taxes and don't withhold the amount you deem appropriate. 8)
where did you come up with that comparison.  the democrat playbook?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
Tried it. they stole three times what I with held.  And I mean stole. 
At one point I showed I did not owe the tax they said I did they took from me interest and pennalties on taxes I did not owe.
But I can call for lower taxes all I want.
If I were to call for higer taxes and tell people "Millionaires like, me that do not need it"  and then take it, I look like a a greedy, A hole hypocrite.   

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
  I see Crusty doesn't understand taxes or leadership.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
  I see Crusty doesn't understand taxes or leadership.
When you can not argue the facts, the leadership, the record, or the charicter of your candidate you attack others for the lack of theirs.