Author Topic: Half-cock on a 922?  (Read 705 times)

Offline dlbarr

• Trade Count: (0)
Half-cock on a 922?
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Just bought a nice little 922 on Gunbroker and rec'd it last week. One thing, and I don't know if it's s'pose to be this way or not, but the cylinder is not a swing-out type, you just simply pull the pin and remove it from the frame. There is a loading "notch" on the right side of the frame, but in order to spin the cylinder, you must manually hold the hammer back - there is no half-cock position.

As a result, it takes both hands to free up the cylinder AND spin it, leaving no hand free to load shells at the same time. Is this supposed to be this way or do I have a little gunsmithing to do? Any ideas? Thanks

Offline TNBilly

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Half-cock on a 922?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »
Personally, of course, I have used the loading slot on occasion but usually I just load the cyl back up when I have it off to unload it.  Unless you have a spare pin you pretty much have to use the cylinder pin to push the spent rounds out anyhow.  You can load it through the port btw if you cradle it in your hand and pull the hammer back just enough to make the hand release the cylinder.  Use your other hand to spin and load rounds.  Takes a little getting used to but not really hard.
America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”        Alexis de Tocqueville