Author Topic: Millett scope  (Read 1323 times)

Offline XMarine

• Trade Count: (0)
Millett scope
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:13:21 PM »
I would like opinions on the Millett 6-25x56 !Is it a decent scope for the money? $194.95 I need a prairie dog scope.Could I do better with some other product?
  PS This is the best sight I have found for info. Thanks a bunch

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.muelleroptics.com
Millett scope
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:01:28 AM »
XMarine,
I'm not that familiar with Millet Scopes but I do have a scope here that I think would fit your needs. We just developed a scope specifically for Prairie Dog Hunting which is a 8.5-25x50AO with a super fine cross hair and a illuminated 1/8moa red dot. The scope also features, fully multi-coated optics, fast focus eye-piece, easy finger turrets with fine-tune 1/8moa windage and elevation adjustments and click stops. You can also re-set the turrets to zero once you sight your gun in. If you call me I can give you more details and its currently priced under $200 with a MSRP well over $200 and I'll include a 3" sunshade too. These are demo's that were produced for Display at the Shot Show in Las Vegas in February and I have a few extra I can let go under $200. Full production will begin in March. Call toll free 1-888-775-8885
MO

Offline Zachary

Millett scope
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 03:35:39 AM »
That sounds like a pretty good deal. :grin:

Zachary

Offline big6x6

• Contributor
Millett scope
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 03:22:17 AM »
MO,
Just curious..  What is the focus range of the AO on that scope?  How many inches of w/e adjustment does it have?  Where is the scope manufactured?  What is the warranty?  Lastly, Is that scope rated for use on spring-powered air rifles?

Thanks
Deactivated as trouble maker. Letters to sponsors over inline forum problems.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 02:55:17 AM »
Chuck,
The range on the AO for the 8.5-25x50 is 15yds-infinity, our 4-16x50 I have been able to focus as close as 12yds and it has been very popular among standard air gun shooters. Because it has 1/8 adjustments the over-all W/E adjustments is 20moa. The warranty covers the scope against manufacture defects for the life of the scope. This is something you need to watch with other brand names, they may offer lifetime warranties but their electronic scopes are usualy only covered for 1-3 years. The lenses on the scopes are produced in Japan and have brilliant clarity and have received many high reviews for being the best scopes with more options than any scope in their price range. As for the being rated for spring piston air guns, the scopes were not designed for these type air guns but Van over at AirHog is so impressed that he will be replacing his current Swift scopes with Mueller scopes. He also said (and I agree) that being that these are glass etched reticles they will with-stand higher recoil blasts and says after the Shot Show in February that he will be putting them through the ringer on reverse recoil type air guns to see how well they hold up.
MO

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 11:24:12 AM »
I'm sorry I didnt come back to this post and let everyone know that we did sell out of these demo's. Were still getting calls for them and I appologize for not following up. These scopes will go into full production and be available about the middle of April o4(hopefuly sooner).
MO

Offline big6x6

• Contributor
Millett scope
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 03:15:01 PM »
Sorry I didn't read your post before now, I guess I missed it.

Do you have anything in the 2-8/3-9/3-10 magnification range?

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 08:09:50 AM »
Hi Chuck,
I do have a 3-9x40 and 4-16x50AO which does have the German #4 with illuminated 1/8moa red dot and all the same features but I dont have it in a super fine cross hair like the 8.5-25x50 I mentioned above (at least not yet). We will also have a 3-10x44 which will be available by March 1st 04.
You can call us or visit our websites www.muelleroptics.com or www.reddotscopes.com for more info.

MO

Offline big6x6

• Contributor
Millett scope
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 02:03:23 PM »
I'm going to give that 3-10x44 some consideration....

Optically, what scope series do your scopes compare to?

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2004, 02:41:49 PM »
Thats a good question.
I havent compared them to many different brand names myself but according to most that have, they compare us most similar to Weaver but they never menton which model. Guess next time I should ask.
I received a call from a customer today who claims he owns over 20 scopes and 12 of them being different brandnames. He said his favorite 3 are his Leupold, Burris and now his new Mueller. I will say that the feedback has been nothing but outstanding.
MO

Offline dbuck

• Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 11:20:06 AM »
I have a question about the Mueller scopes, looking at the pictures of these scopes it looks like special rings and bases for these scopes, is that correct and if so what kind.  It looks like the tube is not long enough for standrard straight up rings.

dbuck

Offline gtcontender

Millett scope
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 12:46:19 PM »
Got a question also here. What is the weight of these scopes. Checked out the website but just did not see anything on the weight of it. I have owned many different scopes makes, model and various powers. The orginal question on the Millet is a decent scope but very heavy. Ok for bench shooting but did not like to carry it. Had one mounted on a heavy varmint barrel 223 howa 1500 and the total weight was around 15 pounds. Not something you want to hold up off hand for any great length of time. I am always out to try something new. If the weight is not to much I might would try one, but mean time think will stick to the burris line for now.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 03:18:20 PM »
The scopes have different tube lengths depending on the model. Most of the photos used were with the same gun and we just used the same rings. Our larger scope such as the newer 8.5-25x50's have longer tubes. I have put many different brand name scopes on this particular gun and they also needed the offsets so it not only would fit but needed the extra room for adjusting the scope for optimum eye-relief with-out having to move up or back on the stock.

The weight of the scopes is listed on each page under "Features". Adding weight can sometimes be a burdon but its a personal preference whether you want to sacrifice a little weight for the illuminated advantages.
MO

Offline big6x6

• Contributor
Millett scope
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 04:30:21 PM »
That action looks like a Savage 110 long action.  If that's the case it is LONG!  Both of mine REQUIRE extension rings(like those in the picture) with MOST scopes.  Nothing odd about that.

Offline Mueller Optics

• GBO Sponsor
  • Avid Poster
Millett scope
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 02:25:29 AM »
Your right Chuck, its a Savage 110 long action. I guess I should pick a different rifle for future photos so it doesnt look mis-leading.

MO