Author Topic: tiny shotgun handgun  (Read 1290 times)

Offline hiddenhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
tiny shotgun handgun
« on: January 28, 2004, 02:26:17 PM »
About 15 years ago an old guy I knew had a short barrel 12 ga. hand gun about 4 to 5 inchs long for personal protection. I had address to the place for years but it got tossed. Anyone out there know know where I could find one.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
tiny shotgun handgun
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 06:50:35 AM »
Check out the Serbu super shorty, at www.serbu.com

It's not a whole lot bigger than a 1911, and holds 3 shots of 12 ga. Plus they transfer on a $5 stamp instead of $200 so they're a real deal.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Bikenut

• Avid Poster
tiny shotgun handgun
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 02:51:46 PM »
Check this out........

http://www.thunder5.com/docs1.html

I've been looking at this revolver for quite some time and the only thing holding me back from buying one is I want to fire one first to see if I can hang onto the thing well enough for repeated aimed shots.

The main problem I have with a shotgun for home defense (although I use one) is the length of the gun makes it awkward to use inside a home. That plus the barrel length makes it easier for an asailant to grab the barrel and negate the gun's usefullness. A .410 revolver like the Thunder5 would address that issue..... IF it can be fired repeatedly and accurately..... yes, even a shotgun must be aimed at close range.
The longer I live, the older I get.
Neither has anything to do with wisdom.

Offline Robert357

• Contributor
Going with the flow
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:54:07 PM »
Dear Hiddenhunter;

I seem to remember something about this from a gun collectors association magazine they delivered to my home, no maybe it was Shotgun News.

I would suggest that you write to your local office of the Bureau of Alcohol Firearms and Tobacco and tell them that you are thinking of acquiring a very short barreled shotgun and was hoping one of their folks could help you acquire one.  I would bet they keep a list of all companies that manufacture such things.

I am sure they would be interested in talking to you.  I seem to remember a  newspaper story not long ago from Idaho where BAFT was involved in something like this.

You might want to be careful though as some such firearms could be illegal to own depending on legal details.

Offline BattleRifleG3

• A Real Regular
tiny shotgun handgun
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:01:36 PM »
I wish the Thunder 5 came in longer barrel lengths.  I can imagine a few hunting situations where you'd want such a variety.
Moderator at www.gunandgame.com