Author Topic: Ted Nugent on obama, secret serv investigating violent message, they say.  (Read 2661 times)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Let's get back on topic boys!

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."Ted Nugent

either one sounds OK to me.

Why? What "crime" has he commited other than to oppose Obama? But then again thats what this is about-the administration using federal agents to intimidate his outspoken opponents.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
He's probably fed up with all the BS, the differance is, he dares do something about it. We need more people like him around. Maybe for President ? He is the hog with the big nuts.

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Let's get back on topic boys!

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."Ted Nugent

either one sounds OK to me.

Why? What "crime" has he commited other than to oppose Obama? But then again thats what this is about-the administration using federal agents to intimidate his outspoken opponents.

I agree with you, but I saw today on FNC that Megyn Kelly was trying to spin the story where it looked like Nugent thought he would be killed or jailed for an attempt on Obama's life. Nugent didn't say that. Key word here is SPIN!

Where was all the buzz and outrage when people were saying things worse than this and threatening Sara Palin and others?
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline powderman

The way some here see it is Ted Nugent and Americans ==BAD, obummer and black panthers ==good?? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline scootrd

So let's see if I got this right -

On another present thread , Bill Cosby voices his own opinion as a grieving father who lost his son to senseless violence, and some posters here dump on him.

Now on this thread Ted Nugent expresses his own opinion and because it's bashing the present administration some of the same posters come to his defense and rally around him .

Two celebs expressing their own opinions , but to some somehow one is ok,  and the other is not.

Love the hypocrisy

- JMHO

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline lakota

Lets see...one rants about wanting violating my rights and the other rants about preserving my rights. Gee I guess you are right no difference! ::)

Offline scootrd

Lets see...one rants about wanting violating my rights and the other rants about preserving my rights. Gee I guess you are right no difference! ::)

Both are celebs , both are expressing their own opinions.

It's called Free speech .. Oh sorry I forgot . 1st amendment is only allowed if opinions align with populous of most vocal here. Otherwise lets do a full onslaught character assassination of a grieving celeb father, yet rally round a post celeb 70's rocker.

Because as we all know It's not enough to just disagree with a man's misguided pain,  we need to denigrate.  Some never ceases to amaze me.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline lakota

Sorry I do not have to respect the speech of a person or their opinion especially when that opinion advocates violating my rights.

And while you are at it I invite you to point out where I denigrated Bill Cosby. I think you will find my statement said something to the manner that lots of education doesnt make a person smart. Thats not a denigrating statement it is fact. If you dont realize it then I cant help you.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Both are celebs , both are expressing their own opinions.

It's called Free speech .. Oh sorry I forgot . 1st amendment is only allowed if opinions align with populous of most vocal here. Otherwise lets do a full onslaught character assassination of a grieving celeb father, yet rally round a post celeb 70's rocker.

Because as we all know It's not enough to just disagree with a man's misguided pain,  we need to denigrate.  Some never ceases to amaze me.

One celeb is speaking from emotion and blaming the wrong reason, the object instead of the person.
The other is speaking of our rights that are guaranteed by the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.
The only bashing I see toward Mr. Cosby is because he is attacking my rights by using his misguided reasoning of blaming an object instead of the person that used that object.
Neither of my replies is directed toward either person, one way or the other

Just remember, without the second amendment there probally wouldn't be a first amendment!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline scootrd

Sorry I do not have to respect the speech of a person or their opinion especially when that opinion advocates violating my rights.

And while you are at it I invite you to point out where I denigrated Bill Cosby. I think you will find my statement said something to the manner that lots of education doesnt make a person smart. Thats not a denigrating statement it is fact. If you dont realize it then I cant help you.

Did I say you ?

I said some.

Your the one who jumped into the mix. I never said Lakota ...

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Uncle Ted did it because he wants free press.

The dudes a complete moron who should sing his songs and go home. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
His rant drove another nail in the coffin of the 2nd Amendment.
If you don't speak out your  using a pneumatic nail gun on that coffin, cowardice always fails to accomplish anything positive.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
when I read the OP, I said I would check some other sources and if he was a pedophile I wouldn't watch him or read him again.
so I searched the web, and most of the info is from anti-gun maniacs who use the pedophile moniker to discredit a gun advocate.
I don't condone his lifestyle, he has a lot of forgiveness to ask God for.  but, taking his message about guns by itself, he is spot on.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

when I read the OP, I said I would check some other sources and if he was a pedophile I wouldn't watch him or read him again.
so I searched the web, and most of the info is from anti-gun maniacs who use the pedophile moniker to discredit a gun advocate.
I don't condone his lifestyle, he has a lot of forgiveness to ask God for.  but, taking his message about guns by itself, he is spot on.

Sort of what some call a "fellow traveler". Referencing a person or organization that shares some of the same goals  as oneself or ones organization. This can blow up in ones face at times.

Ted is an entertainer by trade (I have no opinion on his value as such) so one must keep that in mind when evaluating his worth as a fellow traveler.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline rickt300

Uncle Ted did it because he wants free press.

The dudes a complete moron who should sing his songs and go home.
And admist power cords and rock scales Ted's greatest hit was "Stranglehold".....
.....ever read the lyrics for that hit?...very classy indeed.. ??? ... ::) ::) ::)
TM7
I notice that anyone who stands up for this country and against the left brings out the critic in you. Why is this TM7? How about discecting the lyrics used in the song sung by the musician (also does a commercial for 7up) at a Democratic fund raiser for Obama. What was that he was saying to all White Americans? Classy right. It seems ok to you that a leftist can be a hate mongering racist yet anyone who still wants a constituional republic for a government brings out the hypocritical critic in you.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Nugent said that this time next her he (i.e. Nugent) would either be dead or in jail if Obama were re-elected.

Note that Nugent did NOT say that Obama would be dead or in jail, but that Nugent would be dead or in jail.

This is not a threat.  This is a prediction. Nugent's statements were matters of opinion, not unlike statements of opinion by liberal celebrities that the Republicans are fascists, and that liberal celebrities will be forced to leave the country if Bush was elected President.

Notice that none of the liberal celebrities were "questioned" by the secret service, but that Nugent is being "questioned" by the Secret Service for stating a constitutionally protected political opinion. 

THE FACT THAT NUGENT IS BEING QUESTIONED BY POLICE FOR EXPRESSING A POLITICAL OPINION SHOWS THAT NUGENT IS CORRECT AT SOME LEVEL.  WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THIS IS JUST ONE OBVIOUS EXAMPLE OF IT.

Offline rickt300

When you think about all the garbage liberal icons like Bob Beckel (Ha Ha), Ed Schultz, Bill Mar, Al Sharpton, Louis Farakan and recently the murder for hire pushed by the Black Panthers Nugent is pretty mild. He is also right.

Offline SHOOTALL

Ted said things that might be taken wrong by some. Some not so smart people may take it as a real cry for battle. I hate to say it but as consertives we get a much closer look at when one of us says things like this. When everytime there is opposition from one side or the other and either a roit or second amnd. is voiced it does little to help the situation.
People in this country talk about roits , govt. failure , destruction of America as we know it etc like its the best way to go. They have no concept of what would happen . They have no clue of what other world powers would attack us and take over stealing our wealth and goods. Those on either side of the isle should work to make America strong . The rest of us need to vote in people who will do as we wish not destory America. Ted could have used his time to make a positive statement and not tried the shock jock treatment , just poor judgement really . Kinda like the jack booted thug statement Wayne L. made some years back it didn't help the cause either. Best to get over both and go on.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Ted only used metifores, not to be taken literaly. I guess we can't have freedom of speech eather. (Give us your guns, shut up, we'll tell you what you need to do, big brother will take good care of you.) Headed that way people wise up.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
Most of the replies that have been posted are of the sort that I try to stay out of.
That is why you don't see me post or reply very much in this section on political issues.
Most of the time it turns into an argument and the such.
Whenever I do respond I try to keep it as neutrail as possible.
I really don't care for Ted himself nor do I agree with all that he says or the way he delivers his message.
I do like that he believes in the Constitution and the second amendment.
By the same token, I dislike the fact that Bill Cosby, a very funny comedian is spouting the wrong reason for his dislike of guns.
It was not a gun that killed his son, it was the man holding the gun!
Please place the blame where it should be when trying to make a statement.
If the person had used a baseball bat to club him to death would ol Bill come out as hard on baseball bats?
Was Ted actually talking about a real revolution?
I don't know what runs through his head.
Maybe that is what this country really needs to get it back on the right path.
Yes, I know exactly what would be involved in such a feet, so did our forefathers when they fought the AMERICAN REVOLUTION and chose to do so anyway.
A person has to take a stand sometime in their life and if you don't stand for the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION and it's rights by way of the SECOND AMENDMENT then there will be no rights left to stand for!!!
Did I just call for a revolt against our government?
That really wasn't my intent but some may take it that way.
You can't controll what other people think and as such you can't controll what they may do.
The best anyone can do it to remain ready at all times to defend what they believe is their rights and be prepaired to take the results of such a stance!
I don't go looking for arguments or fights, that is why I don't post much in this section but if it comes to me I won't back away from it if I truly believe I am right.

Just as my avatar states:

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07     

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline scootrd

Ted only used metifores, not to be taken literaly. I guess we can't have freedom of speech eather. (Give us your guns, shut up, we'll tell you what you need to do, big brother will take good care of you.) Headed that way people wise up.

Well , apparently Bill Cosby cant. At least not without personal character assassination, rather that just a normal disagreement with his views.

See that's the interesting thing about free speech, it's either all or nothing. And before you start jumping all over me , I'm the first to admit , sure Supreme court says it's free speech to burn a U.S. Flag in protest, but someone do it in front of me and I'll knock 'em on your Khister,  and deal with the consequences of my actions in court. 

So yes I'm a hypocrite in some areas as well.

Semper Fi

Offline jimster

Longtom...good post.  There is no easy way to say what the second amendment is really for, you just say it, if someone has a hissy fit, that is their problem.  I would much rather hear what the second amendment is for from Ted N. than to listen to Romney blather on about hunting.

As off the wall as old Ted is...he is spot on what the second amendment is all about, and Romney and many others do not have the intestinal fortitude to come out and say what it really is.  Not good.
Say it out loud...and stand by it, or it will be lost.  There is no reason to be ashamed of the second amendment, but many are. Sad deal.
"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF
PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".THOMAS JEFFERSON

Offline Brewster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Dead?  Only if he tries to play "guitar hero" on his chainsaw again.  In jail?  Yeah, if he gets caught poaching again.  What a blowhole.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
 If the Secret Service would look around, they might find that they have a lot more to investigate...like their compadres who had their unsavory fun & games in Columbia last week.. ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Lead Poison

• Avid Poster
Good for Ted Nugent!!!

Obama is a socialist scumbag who is destroying America!

Heaven help us if he is elected to a second term.

Obamination didn't get my vote last time and there is NO WAY he get my vote this time.

I'd gladly vote for a cow pie before I would this radical communist loving arrogant liberal puke.

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Greetings,

It does not matter if your entire family was lost on an Italian cruise ship, wrong is wrong.

It doesn't matter if you are a burnt-out aging rock star serial pedophile, right is right.

The rest of this post would cause me to be interviewed by the S.S.

P.A. 
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill