Author Topic: Prostitution scandal bounces all over Wash. At LEAST 20 women involved.  (Read 1247 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Ag2l9t7Wy2R_tHS2pErPj6ubvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTVpdHJ0cW5mBGEDUHJvc3RpdHV0aW9uIHNjYW5kYWwgcmljb2NoZXRzIHRocm91Z2ggV2FzaGluZ3RvbgRjY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRjcG9zAzYEZwNpZC0yMjI1Mjc5BGludGwDdXMEbWNvZGUDcHpidWFsbGNhaDUEbXBvcwMyBHBrZ3QDMgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDdGQtbndzBHNsawN0aXRsZQR0ZXN0AzcwMQR3b2UDMTI3NzUxNTA-/SIG=132ldnst8/EXP=1334843056/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/prostitution-scandal-ricochets-washington-214616249.html

Prostitution scandal ricochets through WashingtonAssociated PressBy JULIE PACE | Associated Press – 14 hrs ago         

• FILE - In this March 10, 2011 file photo, House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. speaks on Capitol Hill in Washington. At least 20 women were involved in last weekend's hotel incident with Secret Service agents, U.S. Marines and prostitutes in Colombia just before President Barack Obama's visit, a senator says. Congressional and military investigators begin to dig into the situation more deeply. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File) FILE - In this March 10, 2011 file …
  • FILE - In this April 11, 2012 file photo, President Barack Obama speaks in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House complex in Washington. At least 20 women were involved in last weekend's hotel incident with Secret Service agents, U.S. Marines and prostitutes in Colombia just before President Barack Obama's visit, a senator says. Congressional and military investigators begin to dig into the situation more deeply. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File) FILE - In this April 11, 2012 file …
  • FILE - in this March 30, 2011 file photo, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee ranking Republican Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine speaks on Capitol Hill in Washington. At least 20 women were involved in last weekend's hotel incident with Secret Service agents, U.S. Marines and prostitutes in Colombia just before President Barack Obama's visit, a senator says. Congressional and military investigators begin to dig into the situation more deeply. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, File) FILE - in this March 30, 2011 file …
  • Daniel Bongino, a former Secret Service agent and U.S. Senate candidate in Maryland, speaks during an interview at the Associated Press on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 in New York. Bongino said that the agents under investigation for hiring prostitutes in Columbia while preparing for President Obama's visit "will pay for this forever." (AP Photo/ Peter Morgan) Daniel Bongino, a former Secret …
   WASHINGTON (AP) — The Secret Service prostitution scandal escalated Tuesday with the disclosure that at least 20 women had been in hotel rooms with U.S. agents and military personnel just before President Barack Obama arrived for a summit with Latin American leaders. The head of the Secret Service said he had referred the matter to an independent government investigator.
Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan, shuttling between briefings for lawmakers on Capitol Hill, was peppered with questions about whether the women had access to sensitive information that could have jeopardized Obama's security.
Sullivan said the 11 Secret Service agents and 10 military personnel under investigation were telling different stories about who the women were. Sullivan has dispatched more investigators to Colombia to interview the women, said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.
"Some are admitting (the women) were prostitutes, others are saying they're not, they're just women they met at the hotel bar," King said in a telephone interview. Sullivan said none of the women, who had to surrender their IDs at the hotel, were minors. "But prostitutes or not, to be bringing a foreign national back into a secure zone is a problem."
King said it appeared the agency actually had "really lucked out." If the women were working for a terrorist organization or other anti-American group, King said, they could have had access to information about the president's whereabouts or security protocols while in the agents' rooms.
"This could have been disastrous," King said.
The burgeoning scandal has been a growing election-year embarrassment for Obama, who has said he would be angry if the allegations proved to be true.
At the White House, Obama was asked at the end of a Rose Garden event whether he believed Sullivan should resign. The president ignored the shouted inquiries; his spokesman later Obama had confidence in the Secret Service chief.
"Director Sullivan acted quickly in response to this incident and is overseeing an investigation as we speak into the matter," White House press secretary Jay Carney said.
On Thursday, eleven Secret Service agents were recalled to the U.S. from Colombia and placed on administrative leave after a night of partying that allegedly ended with at least some bringing prostitutes back to their hotel. On Monday, the agency announced that it also had revoked the agents' security clearances.
At least 10 U.S. military personnel staying at the same hotel were also being investigated for their role in the alleged misconduct.
Two U.S. military officials said they include five Army Green Berets. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity about an investigation that is still under way.
One of the officials said the group also includes two Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal technicians, two Marine dog handlers and an Air Force airman. The Special Forces Green Berets were working with Colombia's counterterrorist teams, the official said.
The agents and service members were in Colombia setting up security ahead of Obama's three-day trip to the port city of Cartagena for a summit attended by about 30 other world leaders.
People briefed on the incident said the agents brought women back to Cartagena's Hotel Caribe, where other members of the U.S. delegation and the White House press corps also were staying. Anyone visiting the hotel overnight was required to leave identification at the front desk and leave the hotel by 7 a.m. When a woman failed to do so, by this account, it raised questions among hotel staff and police, who investigated. They found the woman with the agent in a hotel room and a dispute arose over whether the agent should have paid her.
While the identities of those being investigated have not been revealed, Maryland Republican Senate candidate Daniel Bongino told The Associated Press Tuesday that his brother, an agent who was on duty in Colombia, is "cooperating" with the investigation. Bongino, a former agent himself, insisted that his brother was not a target of the investigation.
The Secret Service has insisted that Obama's security was not undermined by the incident, which happened before he arrived in Colombia.
Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, the ranking Republican on the Homeland Security Committee said Tuesday that "20 or 21 women foreign nationals" were brought to the hotel. Eleven of the Americans involved were Secret Service, she said and "allegedly Marines were involved with the rest."
In at least one of his briefings with lawmakers, Sullivan said he was calling on an inspector general to hold an independent review. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, welcomed that news, saying an independent review "should help the agency regain some respect from the American taxpayers and from people around the world."
The Secret Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Grassley's account.
Meanwhile, a person familiar with the agency's operations said it was unlikely the agents involved would have had access to detailed presidential travel itineraries or security plans. Those materials are often given to agents only on the day they carry out their assignments and are kept in secure locations, not hotel rooms, the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
Danny Spriggs, a 28-year veteran of the service and a former deputy director, said there was no doubt that the agents had put themselves in a compromising situation in which security could have been affected. But he said the incident did not reflect a systemic problem.
"I think we need to be careful not to paint that incident and paint the agency with a broad brush," said Spriggs, now the vice president of global security for the AP. "The vast majority of the men and women of the Secret Service conduct their duties with the utmost professionalism
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
my heart goes out to the wives and children of those guys.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

BUGEYE. Me too. Dems condone that behaviour though, remember how they supported  clinton?? Kinda made him a big man in libby dem eyes. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BUGEYE

20 WOMEN !!!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least we can be sure that all those secret service men were libby dems. 
Were it otherwise the report would have read like a Larry Craig, Mark Foley, or Chris Meyers romp.   :) ;) ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*
If we are keeping score, the dems are way ahead in the sin department.

Imagine the president of the united states seducing a young girl only 6 years older than his daughter.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

What I wonder about the most is how much info did these 20 + women gain about things concerning our security?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
20 WOMEN !!!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least we can be sure that all those secret service men were libby dems. 
Were it otherwise the report would have read like a Larry Craig, Mark Foley, or Chris Meyers romp.   :) ;) ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't know who Chris Meyers is but there was no physical action involving Mark Foley and Larry Craig.  Still, were run off by their own party; while the party of Jerry Studds and Barney Frank declared those perverts as "party heroes"..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
I will bet you that most of those guys with the prostitutes were republicans, who else would sleep with a republican 8)
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nope! Had to be liberals, only a liberal would try to cheat a poor woman out of her pay...and the women would have to be ugly, since only a liberal would sleep with a liberal..and all liberal women are much less attractive than are conservative women..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
Since the tax payers are paying for all this, I think we are the ones who really got f......(fleeced).   >:(

The Hermit

Offline Raptor

I can tell you one thing , it was a poor career move for all those guys :-[

Offline BUGEYE

I can tell thing , it was a poor career move for all those guys :-[
I wonder how they would word this event on their resume' ?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

I would not be a bit surprised if this was kind of like the Navy "Tailhook" incident in the 80s. I.E., has been going on for years and years and is part of the "culture". No one cared or noticed until something went wrong and right or wrong it then blew up. I bet those agents now wish they had given that prostitute whatever she wanted which I understand it to have been $47.
GuzziJohn

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Dumb move anyway. Who would want that many people to know about a indescretion. I feel the quality of those involved on an intelligence level must have been poor. If most of these gentlemen had been Black what would the uproar have been like, probably a very low din.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from rickt300:
"If most of these gentlemen had been Black what would the uproar have been like, probably a very low din."

Time to play the race card I see. You probably don't have to worry as you rarely see black SS people for whatever reason (I could speculate, but it would only be speculation so I won't).
GuzziJohn

Offline rickt300

Just pointing out the obvious.

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from rickt300:
"Just pointing out the obvious."

What is obvious? Obvious that SS has discriminatory hiring practices against minorities?
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

Quote from rickt300:

What is obvious? Obvious that SS has discriminatory hiring practices against minorities?
GuzziJohn
After I retired from Delta airlines, I drove a school bus for several years, and had several "minorities" ask me how to get a job driving.  I told them that drivers were needed, and all they had to do was take a drug test and pass a background check.  most just walked away.
there are a lot of black SS and other law enforcement agents, but they are blacks who obeyed the law and properly prepared themselves for a career.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rickt300

Quote from rickt300:

GuzziJohn
Funny post! You could be right that the Secret Service is discriminating in who they put in place. Seems smart to me. The point was and is that if the majority of these gentlemen had been black the press would have been less enthusiastic in it's crucifixtion of the Secret Service (not the "SS"). They might have even tried to cover it up like they did with Obama's real name and assumed current middle name. Or that his father was never an American citizen.

Offline rickt300

A little lost in the time space continuam are you TM7. The lamestream media got it's moniker simply because they refused to inform us of those facts before the election. After the left started it's "birther" campaign of smear. It is a known fact that Obama's father was a Muslim, a communist and a British citizen. It is a known fact that Obama's real name is Barry Soeterro now but before the election he was called Barack Obama not Barack Hussein Obama. There is no known evidence Obama legally changed his name either. As for the current fantasy birth certificate why does it list his race as African American, not Negro or caucasion? In the 60's the term African American was not used officially. There is even some question whether his mother was in Hawaii long enough to become an American citizen.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Oh come on now. I'm certainly no Obama supporter and I too am not satisfied as to where he may have been born but you are repeating some inaccuracies there. His race is listed as "African" not "African American", perfectly logical since his father listed his own race as African and his mother was a natural born U.S. citizen.
  But as to the Secret Service thing, I hear one indignant congressman demanding to know if they paid the hookers out of their tax payer funded per diem. What a nit-wit. Per diem is a flat rate payment, varied by location, to cover the employee's food and incidental cost. They don't have to provide receipts, if they spend more than the per diem rate it comes out of the employee's pocket and if they spend less it goes into the employee's pocket. What does it matter from which pocket they  paid the hookers, it's all tax payer's money.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Even if they paid out of their OWN money.  Their OWN money comes from the taxpayers.  They have to be held to a higher standard since they are supposed to work for US.

Offline DDZ

What does it matter from which pocket they  paid the hookers, it's all tax payer's money.

Right, its we the people that pay them to protect we the people's president.  I guess I was always under the assumption that they sifted through the chaff to obtain the best of character for Secret Service positions. I guess that isn't how it is.
I agree with Rick. If these guys were black, the liberal media would have been silent. Call it what you want, but its the truth.
Just imagine the media if our president was a white conservative instead of a black communist, and there was a question of him being a natural born citizen. The media would have beaten the issue to death, and if he produced a phony BC like Obama did, he would have been gone.
  Its the same across the board. If Zimmeran was black, and Trayvon was white does anyone really think we would have heard a peep about Trayvon dieing?
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline KIMBER45

They were doing their job- working under cover.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline powderman

They were doing their job- working under cover.

YEP, ya might call it quality control. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this prostitution scandal is 100% George W. Bush's fault.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from lakota:
"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this prostitution scandal is 100% George W. Bush's fault."

Na! Neither is it Obama's fault. It is the fault of the individuals who participated in this and the culture within the SS and military that allowed it to happen.
GuzziJohn

Offline KIMBER45

Quote from lakota:
"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this prostitution scandal is 100% George W. Bush's fault."

Na! Neither is it Obama's fault. It is the fault of the individuals who participated in this and the culture within the SS and military that allowed it to happen.
GuzziJohn
Columbian prostitutes- yuck. Among other things- Weren't they afraid of getting diseases ? They should be fired for being that stupid.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Kimber45-"Columbian prostitutes- yuck. Among other things- Weren't they afraid of getting diseases ? They should be fired for being that stupid"

I agree 100% Its nasty and stupid.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline rickt300

It seems impossible that this is the only incident of this type and that the White House knew nothing of it.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
They were just recycling Bill Clinton women. Didn't want them to think they weren't wanted anymore! :D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline KIMBER45

It seems impossible that this is the only incident of this type and that the White House knew nothing of it.
I'm sure alot goes on that the White House is not aware of. That's why it's called the Secret Service.
-----------------
-------

-------