Author Topic: Where do you get your Glock goodies???  (Read 3310 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Where do you get your Glock goodies???
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
Let me back up to the beginning of last week...

I placed a order with The Glock Store Monday April 9th.... MAN are these people SLOW!!!
Actually I placed three orders last Monday night. One to Midway for a couple boxes of 200 XTPs. A second to Graff for some other bullets and 22Mag ammo and the last to The Glock Store. Everything from all suppliers was instock. Again all ordered the same night...
I Got the Midway and Graff's orders LAST week!! Last night when I checked my emails, I received the tracking number for Glock store order... :-\ Meaning they only just shipped YESTERDAY!! What in the world? 8 days to "pick" my order?? 
To make things worse, when I checked, Midway had everything I ordered from Glock store in stock too. I could have already had the stuff installed and be enjoying it instead of waiting till next Thursday for delivery.... (Sorry for the gripe) if you order from the Glock Store I hope you have time and are patient... ::) I also noticed I forgot to order my mag spring upgrades... SO I called Midway again, I received that order yesterday...

Who do you guys use for your Glock parts??

I generally use three companies and one Pete just turned me onto. Graff and Sons. Then Midsouth and Midway. All fast ship and good service. But mostly all only used for loading supplies. I see Midway as good selection on Glock goodies I did not check Midsouth but Graff has little.

In thinking back, when I ordered goodies for the G23 I also used TGS and it took almost a month for the complete order and the 9mm/40 conversion barrel was MONTHS!! So long I FORGOT I had even ordered it!! (Damn CRS ::)::) :-[

I want to order a 6" KKM barrel and a set of good durable steel adj nite sites.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Where do you get your Glock goodies???
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »
I've ordered Glock goodies from Glockmeister, Glock Store, Lone Wolf, and Midway. I find now days I can get most any Glock part I might need from Lone Wolf or Midway. I ordered a 9mm conversion barrel for my mdl 35 from LW a couple months ago, then found out Midway had the same barrel for $10 less. That's what happens when I get in a hurry!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »
LOL

I would like a KKM 6" 10mm. I do have a lone wolf 9mm barrel and I do like it but read the KKM claims to be fully supported. From my 38 stupid days I prefer that.

is anyone else's barrel fully supported?

I also don't see many adj sites. I would like a steel adj. any recommendations?

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »
Hard to beat the KKM 6" barrel in 10mm!  I prefer Dawson sights for Glocks. They make a good adjustable set for your Glock for about $120. 
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »
Anyone hear or have experience with the Glock pro-site?

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ketn_H45XBs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/pro-sights-store/

Looks pretty impressive from these video clips...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
Well I ordered the KKM barrel direct from KKM...  Kinda ambigious as to stock... I HOPE its in stock...

Still thinking on sites....

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline wiley

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »
I ordered last week>>3 week wait(2 to go)
wiley

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
I ordered last week>>3 week wait(2 to go)

A KKM barrel? 

As Ricky used to tell Lucy... SPLAIN...  ::) ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline wiley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »
The next time they make a run of 6" G20 barrels in 10mm will be in 3 weeks from 4/17/12, or at least that's when they will have one to ship to me
wiley

Offline Slufoot

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
For my Glock 20sf, I ordered a Barsto barrel, ISMI Guide rod and 22# spring from Midway.
I ordered my 3.5# Ghost Rocket connector and trigger spring kit direct from Ghost, I can't remember the owners name right now but he is a great guy.
I ordered my 40S&W conversion barrel direct from KKM.
I also ordered a custom engraved billet aluminum slide cover plate from NDZ Performance, I found a picture that I really liked and e-mailed it to them and they did it for me.
I got my Dawson Precision adjustable sights direct from Dawson Precision, these are really good sights.

CW, why in the world did you have to start this thread, I didn't realize how much I have put into this gun till I started trying to think of everything. ;D

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

PS, I'm not even going to mention the holster I got for this gun. ::)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »
The next time they make a run of 6" G20 barrels in 10mm will be in 3 weeks from 4/17/12, or at least that's when they will have one to ship to me

I got the email from KKM today... THEN I called them.  :)

The barrels are in production and sekd for the final steps next Wednesday, then will begin shipping 3-5 days after that. THEN 3-5 days in shipping transit... Basically SAME as what you have been told. ::)

Slufoot,
 You know me brother.. This is just my latest obsession and I like to share!!  ::) ;)

A good hunting holster is next up, over the summer... For now my X15 shoulder rig and Fobus paddle will have to suffice...

I also received my Glock Store order today. Most of it at least and only one miss pick... Something else that happened last time as well... The SS Guide rod and 22# spring was back ordered.

Took about 10 minutes to install the springs and Connector. The trigger is a bit nicer.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »
Yesterday I also received two items bought earlier in the week off eBay!!  STELLAR service from two retailers selling on eBay!! 

The 24# spring and TFO nite sites. WOW!

I see Natchez has glock mags on sale many flavors $19.99!!  I thought I had a good price off midway at $22!

I also received a call from KKM with a apology for the delay in a responce from my first email!! GREAT SERVICE!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Glock Doctor

• Glock Magic!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 05:12:31 AM »
In my experience, Glockparts.com has the fastest shipping in the business.  Ed's Public Safety is good, too.  Top Gun Supply is another fast shipper.  Lone Wolf is usually, but not always, a fast shipper.  Glockmeister is hit and miss; sometimes they're quick, and at other times not. 
‘Life Is Karma.  It Reflects Both Past And Present Circumstance.  Our Time Here Is Short; So Choose Carefully And Behave Well; For, All Of Your Tomorrows Are Presently Being Decided.’

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 06:10:15 AM »
Thanks GD, that's what I was looking for!! I'll try glockparts next order!

I placed and received that order with Natchez since my last posting as well as another from midway on some out of stock items I enrolled in the email notification on.

Also just today I got email from GLOCK Store the last of my order is shipping. ::)

Like I said before, this is my last order to them if I can help it!

I also got another email from KKM yesterday! The barrels will be ready to ship today!!!  So orders will be filled as they came in. Mine should ship early next week!!!

Thanks guys!!

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Glock Doctor

• Glock Magic!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 07:28:47 AM »
If they've got the part, Glockparts.com is always same day shipping - Always.  Ed's Public Safety and Top Gun ain't far behind.  Lone Wolf has the largest inventory, though.  It's just that, lately, they seem to be backordered on a lot of stuff. 
‘Life Is Karma.  It Reflects Both Past And Present Circumstance.  Our Time Here Is Short; So Choose Carefully And Behave Well; For, All Of Your Tomorrows Are Presently Being Decided.’

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »
Well now I done it.....

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=944&CAT=236

Today surfin eBay I ran across a LWD 10MM ported barrel for a very lo cost.  So I threw 100$ at it for S&G....  Well don't ya know the phone just "rang" with the eBay "harp" as my wife calls it and I won the thing for 103 TMD! Brand new from LWD.....

So I still have the order with KKM for the 6" too.  I gonna keep that too and shoot both and have a lil test. I see the LWD is just about 5.5" and the KKM will be 6" but I'm wondering about the increased noise to the shooter. Hopefully will not be much and possible some of the flip will be redused as I will be shooting heavy hunting loads from it.

So stay tuned!! ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 11:48:05 PM »
Wiley,
 Did you get your email about the barrels shipping??

My order is complete and I should see mine by the end of the week!!!

I should see the LWD 5.5" ported barrel this week too .. I can hardly wait shoot both and see what I find...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline wiley

• Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »
I did get the email, and look for the KKM to arrive soon!
Wiley
wiley

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »
Glad to hear it!!!

I stopped in two shops last night looking for some longshot powder and 135g bullets. No luck. I'm hoping to get it tomorrow and assemble some. New loads so I can get to the range this weekend.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »
My barrel came in today!!!

So now I have a LWD and a KKM to try out!!  Tomorrow AM I am loading up some new loads with 200G XTP and Longshot powder!!

Then either sat afternoon or Sunday its off to the range with the chrono and the three barrels!!

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »
Well here is a clip of all three barrels with same 155XTP with near max loading of AA#7 powder.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5oAW8-L4I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline slickest

• Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
is the extra price for the KKM barrel worth it compared to the LW barrels? i want a to get a conversion barrel for 23. Im actually thinking about buying the conversion barrel for the g22 to add a little extra length.

Offline Maryland Hunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 09:28:31 AM »
I have bought some Glock parts from Midway, but when they are out of stock, (quite often), I have bought from Ghost,Inc. I have Ghost connectors in my Glocks and my SR9 and they work well.

MH

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
is the extra price for the KKM barrel worth it compared to the LW barrels? i want a to get a conversion barrel for 23. Im actually thinking about buying the conversion barrel for the g22 to add a little extra length.

I apologise, Somehow I did not notice your comment...  :o :-[

I would say you will likely be just font with either a Storm Lake OR a Lone wolf. I have read many praising comments about both... One this I will say is KKM is a better USA made barrel. For my $$ the 20-30$ is a small price to pay for a nicer product that supports our own country.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
So who makes LW and SL barrels?
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 01:52:10 AM »
So who makes LW and SL barrels?

LW is short for Lone Wolfe and SL is short for Storm Lake.

Apologies for the confusion...

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 06:02:01 AM »
Thanks CW,

But do they make their own or farm them out to some unknown?  Quality USA makers take responsibility for their products.  KKM is USA, costs 25% more but maybe worth difference.  So just wondering...
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Thanks CW,

But do they make their own or farm them out to some unknown?  Quality USA makers take responsibility for their products.  KKM is USA, costs 25% more but maybe worth difference.  So just wondering...

Lone Wolf does not make there own barrels. Not sure about Storm Lake...

I agree 100% I like my KKM.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2019, 05:07:12 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!