Author Topic: Thanks guys, you got me in trouble  (Read 756 times)

Offline mo_bio

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
Thanks guys, you got me in trouble
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
 ;D So my much better half opened the safe tonight. I wasn't fast enough to distract her. She looks at me and says " how many of those handi guns do you have". I could not give her an answer which was not good.  So I pulled them out to count. Since I became afflicted in December I have come to own 14 handis in 5 months and have not bought any other firearm in 7 months. in fact I have traded or sold some to buy more handis.  So I blame you guys and thank you at the same time. 
Handis: .17 mach2 (x2), .22 lr, 22 hornet, .22 jet, .223, .243, .270, .280, .357 max (x2), 35 remington, 35 whelen, 45-70, 445sm, 30-30, 410, 500 S&W, 50 AK

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if
necessary."-- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
Re: Thanks guys, you got me in trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
I had to buy another gun safe that really got her asking questions
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
;D So my much better half opened the safe tonight. I wasn't fast enough to distract her. She looks at me and says " how many of those handi guns do you have". I could not give her an answer which was not good.  So I pulled them out to count. Since I became afflicted in December I have come to own 14 handis in 5 months and have not bought any other firearm in 7 months. in fact I have traded or sold some to buy more handis.  So I blame you guys and thank you at the same time. 
You should have told her Handi's multiply like rabbits, and it wasn't your fault. ;D ;D
BTW, you should keep the safe closed when the wife's home.  Don't feel bad, It happens to all of us.  My wife didn't buy the Handi's multiplying like rabbits excuse either.  :-[

I had to buy another gun safe that really got her asking questions
I hope you bought a big one this time, at the rate your going, you'll need a third one soon. ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
It's called HandiHoarding.  There is a cable show starting this fall about the disease and how it affects the lives and families of its victims.  With any luck Oprah or Dr. Phil will be able to save some of you poor unfortunate souls from this terrible affliction.   I personally can quite anytime I want, so I do not need treatment. ::)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
I've had some experience with this disease.  Perhaps I can help.  Sell me half of them and I'll hide them in my attic where the wife never goes.  You'll get credit for mastering your affliction.  My wife is most understanding as long as I support her 'habits'.

Just a thought...
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
Well if you were fast on your feet!
 You could have told her some of your  buddies ask you to store their guns for awhile!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »
What women don't know won't hurt you...maybe.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
+1 on that mechanic. ;)

Offline LilHog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
My wife was also asking question and my excuses were not good enough answers for her. She likes to count my rifles on a regular basis so some I have to hide here and there. So last year for her birthday I gave her a new topper jr classic 20ga, she looked at me kind of funny like it was a stupid gift. Well it didn't take long and now she has been afflicted. Everytime we go to the range she brings that handy, and she knows how to use it. And she constantly wants to shoot mine, I think it's time she got another one of her own. I'm thinking maybe a 223 as she really likes that round.

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 05:59:05 AM »
The way out of this one is -- the next Handi better be for her ! A pink stock you'll have extra browny points ...... Dan

Offline mo_bio

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
ahhhh, it's all in good fun. She doesn't bust my chops too much. She likes to shoot he handis but she wont give up her BLR for those "single shot things". :) just more for me nd the girls they love the 22 and 17 mach 2. the oldest has been shooting her Maxi and grinning from ear to ear.
Handis: .17 mach2 (x2), .22 lr, 22 hornet, .22 jet, .223, .243, .270, .280, .357 max (x2), 35 remington, 35 whelen, 45-70, 445sm, 30-30, 410, 500 S&W, 50 AK

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
ahhhh, it's all in good fun. She doesn't bust my chops too much. She likes to shoot he handis but she wont give up her BLR for those "single shot things". :) just more for me nd the girls they love the 22 and 17 mach 2. the oldest has been shooting her Maxi and grinning from ear to ear.

i'll be.. mo,  maw-maw also has'r own choice. she got kimbers, jacksons, rugers ana stevens favorite.
long as she gotta hand in this law & order thang, its all gud !!!!
an she can shooooot..................yeah !!!!!!!! ;D

sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline mo_bio

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »

i'll be.. mo,  maw-maw also has'r own choice. she got kimbers, jacksons, rugers ana stevens favorite.
long as she gotta hand in this law & order thang, its all gud !!!!
an she can shooooot..................yeah !!!!!!!! ;D

I hear ya. i got out of this one today by telling her she could use my mod 70 in 25wssm for deer season. my goodness she can shoot that gun.

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
So the real truth is you, me and many others are realy blessed with a wife that share there husbands hobbies...And Pink stocks would be about 1/4 as good as big shinny rocks in rings .... Dan

Offline Canuck Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
Well, my problem was cheaping out on my safe!  Now my safe is full and another one is not viable.  Always buy a safe at least twice as big as your current collection!