Author Topic: will barrel fit cause issues with shell ejection?  (Read 651 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
will barrel fit cause issues with shell ejection?
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:55:32 AM »
This is my first handi shotgun but have many(TO MANY RIFLES ;) ) rifles. Got a 20 guage barrel fit at the factory and have notices that there is little to any movement in the release latch and it is pretty much all the way up. I know from the barrel fitting that it should be half way and wobble when shaken. I also while shooting turkey loads notices that the fired shells didnt always eject but only extracted. What do you think. And by the way this 20 guage with turkey loads will wake you up in the morning if you already didnt have your coffee if you know what I mean. quess that is what you get from a gun this lite but man is it going to be an easy all day carry.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
Re: will barrel fit cause issues with shell ejection?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »
pm brian56, before you get put in left field
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
See the sticky on stuck shells, maybe there's some help there concerning ejection, sound like a weak ejector to me, not likely related to barrel fit. I do the ejector tune from the FAQs on all my ejector barrels.  See the replies to your thread on latch release position in the rifle forum.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,256447.msg1099511362.html#msg1099511362
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gendoc

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
why shud one fix it there-selves......since it was factory fit, shud'nt it go back ?
a simple fix, yes... but parts and exploritory surgury !!! ::)
evena chance it still wont be right :'( ............i'd send it back, but thats jus me ;D
sea-ya.....

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
why shud one fix it there-selves......since it was factory fit, shud'nt it go back ?
a simple fix, yes... but parts and exploritory surgury !!! ::)
evena chance it still wont be right :'( ............i'd send it back, but thats jus me ;D

Why send it back if there's nothing wrong or it's a simple fix he can easily do himself?  ??? Ejection problems ain't exactly an uncommon issue, but are usually a real easy fix. He asked what we think, I offered a simple answer, sending it back is always an option, but more costly, tuning the ejector doesn't require any parts so it doesn't cost anything, not exactly exploratory surgery either, if he can ream a chamber, he's certainly capable of R&Ring the ejector and may well prefer to do it himself as many do! ::)

Tim

This is my first handi shotgun but have many(TO MANY RIFLES ;) ) rifles. Got a 20 guage barrel fit at the factory and have notices that there is little to any movement in the release latch and it is pretty much all the way up. I know from the barrel fitting that it should be half way and wobble when shaken. I also while shooting turkey loads notices that the fired shells didnt always eject but only extracted. What do you think.

Offline gendoc

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »
i understand your point tim, and your correct.  i guess i'm jus look'n at it from
the ordinary handi owner outlook.  me, back intha day.. i tackle it too !!
but thats when i cud see an hold still fora lil'while............. ;)
sea-ya.....

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:39 AM »
Also, when ya consider the pitfalls of shipping, I'd rather avoid it whenever possible.  ;)

Tim

Offline piero

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Mine does that too well, kinda.  It hates winchester anything and does OK with everything else.  The day I got it (from Walmart)  the sight fell off, stripped, the barrel was loose, the ejecter engaged too soon and the shells hit the frame, and the forend was tight.  I'll be sending it in soon.