Author Topic: Brig Gen Yoo looks like a suckup...among many others..  (Read 592 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Brig Gen Yoo looks like a suckup...among many others..
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
  Marine Sgt Stein disagreed with Obama on Stein's own facebook page..somebody evidently spied..and cried.  So this guy Obama, the guy the Dems are trying right now, to paint as a "good guy"..sees to it that this 9-year combat veteran gets the boot !  http://abcnews.go.com/US/marine-sgt-gary-stein-honorable-discharge-anti-obama/story?id=16216279
  OK , so the Marine mispeaks.and admitted it, so why dash 9 years service over some small thing like that ?  Somehow, I don't think GW Bush would have done that !  I think he would have accepted an apology and made amends, primarily because he also had service experience and would offer that usual small edge to a combat vet.
  Instead, Obammy let's him get boarded out..and not even with an honorable discharge.  Gen Yoo could/should have at best, dealt with it by Article 15, or at worst, let him leave with an honorable..he owes a combat vet that much..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Brig Gen Yoo looks like a suckup...among many others..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
Agreed it was cheap shot by a non vet prez. But I seem to recall that the guy also had some other problems, lost his security clearance due to financial problems and could no longer perform in his MOS. :-\
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:00:19 AM »
Agreed it was cheap shot by a non vet prez. But I seem to recall that the guy also had some other problems, lost his security clearance due to financial problems and could no longer perform in his MOS. :-\

Losing clearance is not good, but because of financial difficulties is not quite as if he betrayed his clearance in revealing classified info...(as many political office holders have done with impunity).  I can understand some minor punishment..but drummed out ?  That's a heartless thing for a non-vet to do to a certified combat vet.   Just my $ .02
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 01:06:16 AM »

Losing clearance is not good, but because of financial difficulties is not quite as if he betrayed his clearance in revealing classified info...(as many political office holders have done with impunity).  I can understand some minor punishment..but drummed out ?  That's a heartless thing for a non-vet to do to a certified combat vet.   Just my $ .02

Again, Agreed!!! However I think they were looking the totality of circumstances. The guy had more than one problem. The combination was enough to take him out of the job.

I fully agree it was a cheap shot, but we need to understand that it was not the only thing that lead to his dismissal. I also think they could have at least given him something other than "other than honorable"!!!!!!!!!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:40 AM »
  The "other than honorable" was the worst part..this revenge move will dog the guy the rest of his life !

Did he have problems before..he hasn't seen anything yet !

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:32:09 AM »
George Bush Jr. purged alot of veteran mil out of the service...primarily officers that wouldn't go along with his phase of Globalism and 'full spectrum dominance'..
...TM7

Pres George Bush, both 41 & 43, have an affinity with the veterans, both having served.  ....And the feeling is reciprocal by the wounded veterans...
  Let's see the poor excuse we now have for prez do this..instead of vacationing in Spain or golfing at Pebble beach...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/968464483001/former-president-bush-rides-with-wounded-warriors/

Offline Him

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »
BG Yoo would probably rather retire as an O-8 than as an O-7.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »
BG Yoo would probably rather retire as an O-8 than as an O-7.

That probably sums it up, Him..

It sure is interesting that the obamanites can find one misstatement by a frustrated Marine on his personal Facebook account...and then "sock it to him'.
    ...But the same outfit, with all the government records, cannot find out who gave the OK to the "Fast & furious" operation, which was meant to destroy the 2nd article of the Bill of Rights.