Author Topic: Cutts compensator ?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Cutts compensator ?
« on: April 27, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
Aside from the Briggs and Stratten muffler look are there any down sides to a shotgun outfitted with one of these things.

The LGS has a Beautiful Winchester pump outfitted with one of these things. It is an upland length barrel, vent ribbed, with nicely figured wood <$300.  The blueing is still pretty nice (light carry wear), no rust, 12Ga 2 3/4 chamber. Something about it just looks like it was a high zoot gun in its day. Don't know why, it just spoke to me.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Cutts compensator ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »
Not really. I kinda like the Cutts did some of my best shooting with a gun so equipped. I've heard folks say it can be put on crooked and patterns will not to proper point but those I've owned did just fine. Unlike a polychoke which I'd never own the Cutts is a good piece of equipment.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:47:39 AM »
I was given an 11-48 with a polychoke that didn't work so well, so I had a Cutts installed.  Patterns were much better.  With todays screw-in tube chokes, the old Cutts is about obsolete, but it still works.  I think it was a big improvement in the days before rolled crimps came along. 

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
Well, I believe my prescription needs changed. Went in to give that Winchester a really good look and found it was $799 not $299. Certainly explains why it seemed too nice. ;D
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**