Author Topic: Redfield 2x7x33  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Redfield 2x7x33
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:32:57 AM »
Are these scopes decent ? I just bought one to put on my blr .308 makes a nice little package is the size big enough for general deer hunting or do I need more power ?

Offline Dave in WV

Re: Redfield 2x7x33
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:11:13 AM »
Can't say good or bad but I haven't heard anything bad about the new Redfield scopes. Why would you "need" more magnification for your hunting?  Only you can answer that one.  ;)
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:52:55 AM »
Ive had 3 and am not impressed. they have good clear optics and pick up light as well as anything in that price range but the problem ive had with them is there ajustments dont track well. Both the 3x9 and 4x12 were returned to the factory because of the problem and it still wasnt totaly cured by them. So i sold both. I still  have the 2x7. Its on a model 7 308 that i have no intention of changing loads and it holds zero just fine so it stays there. Someday when i get extra cash im sure it will go too as ive just lost confidence in them. In that price range if you can still find one the 3200 bushnells have just as good of optics and track well and the prostaff nikons have much better mechanics but lack in lense quality a bit. I see theyve updated there prostaff to supposidly have a bit bettter optics but i havent tried one yet to really find out. If they have then they would probably be the way to go in that price range.
blue lives matter

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
Ok, now I've heard something bad about them. :D
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Drilling Man

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
  If you like the cheaper Leupolds, you will like the Redfield, it's same scope, as Leupold owns and makes Redfield scopes.

DM

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 01:13:23 PM »
http://eastcoastgunsales.com/search.php?ManufacturerID=840&CatID=137
This dealer is selling Leupold VX-1 scopes cheap.
--Albert Einstein

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »
I see redfield now has an updated version with supposidly better windage and elev. adjustments. Might be worth checking into as they do have good optics for that price range.
blue lives matter

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »
I have the 2-7  with the AR reticle on my LR308 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. hasn't lost it's zero in 400rnds.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »
mine wouldnt loose zero but tracking was a joke. two clicks on the windage might get you a 1/2 one time and 2 inches the next and sometimes when ajusting windage or elevation the one you werent adjusting would even change. I had the 2x7 back twice and the 4x12 back once to the factory because of it and they didnt fix a thing. The 4x12 was so bad that sometimes moving the windage a half inch would move the elevation 2inches. Once set they seemed to do fine but i just didnt have confidense in them anymore and was allways worried that they would be off when i shot at an animal. wish you could combine there optics with reliable ajustments a prostaff has. But i guess theres a reason why both of them are so cheap.
blue lives matter