Author Topic: This will make you Ron Paul supporters happy  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
This will make you Ron Paul supporters happy
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:20:49 AM »
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nw_hunter

Re: This will make you Ron Paul supporters happy
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:38:56 PM »

Even more great news coming out of Louisiana! :) 
This is the man that CAN beat Obama folks!
I think the big difference is.......Ron Paul supporters believe in Paul and support him because of the trust.They show up in numbers to show it!
Romney supporters don't really believe in or trust him. I think the majority on this forum state they don't really like his policies. they are really just  voting against Obama.

http://www.dailypaul.com/229929/ron-paul-embarrasses-romney-campaign-by-winning-louisiana-delegates&from=lbp

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
They show up in numbers to show it!

Except, apparently, on voting days.  Did you miss the part where RP came in a distant 3rd?  Just because his supporters are loud and impolite, does not mean he can magically turn 3rd and 4th place finishes into a win.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
Did you all miss the part where Ron Paul actually won Iowa.

Wonder how that affected momentum , if 16 weeks ago Iowa GOP had their act together and actually reported in timely manner the real winner wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then.

and this is the party worried about voter fraud? heck can't even run their own primaries correctly.
They are their own worse enemies.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:18 AM »
Just because his supporters are loud and impolite, does not mean he can magically turn 3rd and 4th place finishes into a win.

LOL!  Poor fella.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 05:19:26 AM »

Yes.  First I've heard of it.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:31:31 AM »

Wonder how that affected momentum , if 16 weeks ago Iowa GOP had their act together and actually reported in timely manner the real winner wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back then.

and this is the party worried about voter fraud? heck can't even run their own primaries correctly.

Sorry Scoot, it was Santorum, not Paul http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-gop-examines-went-wrong-caucuses-222017693--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=A2KLOzHLUqFPFEMAhdPQtDMD
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 05:36:05 AM »
It was reported that Rick Santorum actually won in Iowa.  If Ron Paul came out on top, it's a very well kept secret.  Anyway, one thing I'm very sure of is that Ron Paul will not be President.  That's not to say that It wouldn't be a good thing, but I live in the same place Rush Limbaugh lives--Realville.
Swingem

Offline scootrd

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 06:24:14 AM »

Sorry Scoot, it was Santorum, not Paul http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-gop-examines-went-wrong-caucuses-222017693--abc-news-politics.html;_ylt=A2KLOzHLUqFPFEMAhdPQtDMD

nope you a bit behind on your current events, Ron Paul  took most Iowa delegates though he only finished third (announced 6 days ago). He has now secured the majority of delegates from the state. Its all about the delegate count Folks

“Taken together, these victories and those yet to happen forecast a prominent role for Ron Paul at the RNC,” Paul campaign manager John Tate said after the Colorado and Minnesota gains. “They also signal that the convention will feature a spirited discussion over whether conservatism will triumph over the status quo.”

All he needs is 5 states majority delegate wins and will be able to take it to a brokered convention and be nominated right from the RNC floor.

so now he majority of delegates in Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, he will probably secure Maine, and has good chance in Colorado

Here’s the latest on Paul’s strength in state committees and conventions:
At Massachusetts’ state convention less than half of Romney’s 27 chosen delegates won tickets to Tampa. Paul supporters were chosen instead. While all of the state’s delegates are committed to vote for Romney, the delegates get to decide on the party chairman, platform, and VP nominee.
Paul backers in Alaska were elected as party chairman and co-chairman but failed to change the rules to give Paul the state’s 24 delegates. (He will get six.)
Paul supporters are a majority in the Iowa GOP’s State Central Committee, and he’s set to claim a majority of the state’s delegates despite finishing third in the caucuses.
They dominated the caucuses in Louisiana, carrying four out of six congressional districts with a tie in a fifth. That means 74 percent of the state’s convention delegates will be Paul backers.
In Minnesota, Paul won 20 of 24 delegates allocated at congressional district conventions, and he’s expected to take more at the statewide convention.
Paul supporters teamed up with backers of former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum in Colorado to get 13 delegates.
The candidate has also picked up small delegate gains in states where Romney won big — for example, five delegates in Pennsylvania and four in Rhode Island. 
Attempts to replicate these successes are taking place in other states across the country — for example, the upcoming state convention in Nevada.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:25 AM »

nope you a bit behind on your current events, Ron Paul  took most Iowa delegates though he only finished third (announced 6 days ago). He has now secured the majority of delegates from the state. Its all about the delegate count , All he needs is 5 states majority delegate wins and will be able to take it to a brokered convention and be nominated right from the floor.

so now he has Iowa, Minnesota, he will probably secure Maine, and has good chance in Colorado

Link please

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline scootrd

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 07:03:29 AM »

nope you a bit behind on your current events, Ron Paul  took most Iowa delegates though he only finished third (announced 6 days ago). He has now secured the majority of delegates from the state. Its all about the delegate count , All he needs is 5 states majority delegate wins and will be able to take it to a brokered convention and be nominated right from the floor.

so now he has Iowa, Minnesota, he will probably secure Maine, and has good chance in Colorado

Link please

you can research how delegates are awarded as well as I , and educate yourself , however since you asked  -  here is only 3 - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMUCmU2evI

http://tv.ibtimes.com/ron-paul-wins-iowa-minnesota-delegates/5192.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-pauls-stealth-state-convention-takeover/2012/05/02/gIQAjJVPwT_blog.html

here's maddow going off over the news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxzDZV9kM9A&feature=related

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
........and I see that the major media outlets are all over this story. :-\

Offline Casull

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »
So none of that fits with your first post where you said:

Or, in other words, the real winner 16 weeks ago was Santorum and the RP people are gaming the system now, inasmuch as RP came in THIRD back then.  I see.    ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »
........and I see that the major media outlets are all over this story. :-\

exactly .. RP gets no media coverage , yet his people are just quietly going aout their business locking up the delegates needed . Slow and steady.  The media has slighted RP through this whole cycle.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »
So none of that fits with your first post where you said:

Or, in other words, the real winner 16 weeks ago was Santorum and the RP people are gaming the system now, inasmuch as RP came in THIRD back then.  I see.    ::)

No gaming  involved even in a general election. US Presidents are not elected by popular vote, they are elected by electoral votes, same for primary you win states by carrying majority of delegate votes . you carry enough states states you have the right to broker the convention and take your case to the floor and argue before the states delegates and win. ie: Warren G. Harding

What presidential candidates won the popular vote but lost the election? 4
Andrew Jackson
Samuel Tilden
Grover Cleveland
Al Gore

Offline Casull

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »
And what poster stated above that RP won Iowa 16 weeks ago (he didn't)?    ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 07:53:39 AM »
And what poster stated above that RP won Iowa 16 weeks ago (he didn't)?    ::)

You sound a bit disappointed that Paul is doing so well with the delegate votes! One would think most Conservative Republicans would be happy seeing this.

Offline Casull

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »
You sound a bit disappointed that Paul is doing so well with the delegate votes!

Not at all.  I just don't like being lied to.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »
You sound a bit disappointed that Paul is doing so well with the delegate votes!

Not at all.  I just don't like being lied to.

Nobody lied , they just got the whole darn Iowa fiasco sorted out. you would think the party that is so concerned about accuracy in voting , could run their own caucuses and primary a bit more effectively.   - just ridiculous.

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »
Uh, the only "fiasco" I saw was that Santorum dropped out (after winning Iowa) and the RP guys managed to finagle his delegates.  The "lie" was stating that RP won Iowa 16 weeks ago.  That is not true, is it?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 09:14:39 AM »

This from Nevada
just keeps getting better. Yep! This is going to be be a very interesting election year ;)

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7722/ron-paul-keeps-winning-as-supporters-prepare-for-a-battle-with-gop-old-guard

Offline scootrd

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
Uh, the only "fiasco" I saw was that Santorum dropped out (after winning Iowa) and the RP guys managed to finagle his delegates.  The "lie" was stating that RP won Iowa 16 weeks ago.  That is not true, is it?

So you consider winning the popular vote, but not the majority of delegates (which is what actually counts) the Truth?.
I consider it media bloating and 24 hour news cycle garbage because they don't care to learn or report the truth they just run with a drive by headline rather than wait for true outcome. The fact is if RP continues to grab these caucus states and gain the majority delegates in caucus states or states that split their delegates he can go to the floor and convince them a he is the  better candidate and walk out with the nomination.

Then the spineless weasel , no true convictions of his own,  RINO Romney can crawl back under his flip flopping bain capital rock and go do what he does best wreck some more US companies , eliminate jobs, etc..
or maybe he could become a used car salesman (actually that would give even that stereotype profession a bad name.)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Well bring it on, I would take him over Romney any day. Problem is, I don't think it will happen.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Casull

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
So you consider winning the popular vote, but not the majority of delegates (which is what actually counts) the Truth?.

Absolutely.  Especially when you made it sound like RP won 16 weeks ago and the media and the GOP were trying to hide it.  That clearly was NOT the truth.  But, as long as RP picks up delegates, I guess you don't care about the truth too much.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline scootrd

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »

Absolutely.  Especially when you made it sound like RP won 16 weeks ago and the media and the GOP were trying to hide it.  That clearly was NOT the truth.  But, as long as RP picks up delegates, I guess you don't care about the truth too much.
16 weeks ago was the popular vote that accounts for nothing The truth is RP just took Iowa .. choose to ignore if you wish

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »
Enough of the personal barbs folks!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
If by some miracle, RP was to win a brokered convention, I would get behind him 100%.
after all, our real enemy is obama and EVERY conservative should vote against him.
but most RP supporters seem to want another term by obama.   WHY????
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline blind ear

• eddiegjr
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 02:05:12 AM »
If by some miracle, RP was to win a brokered convention, I would get behind him 100%.
after all, our real enemy is obama and EVERY conservative should vote against him.
but most RP supporters seem to want another term by obama.   WHY? ???
-
Because Obama will bring the conflict between the Citizens and the Government (inclusive of both Democrats and Republicans) to a confrontation the quickest. RP supporters are looking for an actual change in the way Government does business. ear
Oath Keepers: start local
-
“It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking.” – Ron Paul, End the Fed
-
An economic crash like the one of the 1920s is the only thing that will get the US off of the road to Socialism that we are on and give our children a chance at a future with freedom and possibility of economic success.
-
everyone hears but very few see. (I can't see either, I'm not on the corporate board making rules that sound exactly the opposite of what they mean, plus loopholes) ear
"I have seen the enemy and I think it's us." POGO
St Judes Childrens Research Hospital

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 03:51:25 AM »

It just keeps getting better folks!  The Mainstream media refuses to give credit ::) Still not too late! If more of us old folk would join the young voters,we could get some real representation in Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfrNz_2hvvM&feature=youtu.be