Author Topic: This will make you Ron Paul supporters happy  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: This will make you Ron Paul supporters happy
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:44 AM »

If by some miracle, RP was to win a brokered convention, I would get behind him 100%.
after all, our real enemy is obama and EVERY conservative should vote against him.
but most RP supporters seem to want another term by obama.   WHY????
   So let me ask you a question.  IF Romney came out today and said, "I'm in favor of partial birth abortion, I'm declaring myself officially a communist, I'm going to create universal healthcare, increase corporate taxes tenfold, I'm going to create a universal country-wide acceptance of gay marriage, disband the military and make welfare much more accessable.  Also I'm going to reveal that I am not a Native born US Citizen. My mother was American and my father was from Mexico illegaly.  My plan is to make Barak Obama look like a right wing extremeist!"   Would you still vote for him because he's "not Obama"?
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 04:56:38 AM »
If by some miracle, RP was to win a brokered convention, I would get behind him 100%.
after all, our real enemy is obama and EVERY conservative should vote against him.
but most RP supporters seem to want another term by obama.   WHY????
   So let me ask you a question.  IF Romney came out today and said, "I'm in favor of partial birth abortion, I'm declaring myself officially a communist, I'm going to create universal healthcare, increase corporate taxes tenfold, I'm going to create a universal country-wide acceptance of gay marriage, disband the military and make welfare much more accessable.  Also I'm going to reveal that I am not a Native born US Citizen. My mother was American and my father was from Mexico illegaly.  My plan is to make Barak Obama look like a right wing extremeist!"   Would you still vote for him because he's "not Obama"?
your asinine questions make it obvious that you have no interest in removing obama.
you are consumed by hatred of people like myself that can see the danger of a second obama term.  if you were objective, you could see it.  you completely ignored my first paragraph.
I'll say this again. "Ron Paul did not make me vote for someone besides Ron Paul, it was his supporters" 
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
And this birther stuff just gets nuttier and nuttier . Birthers are just a bunch of weird squirrels  in general.

http://now.msn.com/now/0322-romney-vs-birthers.aspx

Mitt's great-grandfather, Miles Park Romney, originally had five wives, although one eventually left him and the church. Overall, Romney's family tree contains six polygamous men with forty-one wives.

His great Gradfather fled to Mexico with family so he could practice polygamy

Romney mentioned the fact that his father was born in Mexico in response to Gingrich’s allegations that he is “ Anti-immigrant,” which raises the question:

f George Romney was born in Mexico, how could he run for president? It is clear that naturalized citizens cannot qualify for the office of president, but there is no clarification in the U.S. Constitution pertaining to people born to U.S. citizens in a foreign country, and there is no definition of a “natural-born citizen.” Some experts have challenged the idea that foreign-born children of U.S. citizens are “natural-born” because citizenship is conferred upon them after birth.

Romney was born to American citizens living in a Mormon church colony in Chihuahua, Mexico.

Citizenship for foreign-born children of U.S. nationals is not an issue that has gained widespread attention. George Romney didn’t make it far enough into  the campaign for it to pose a problem, but that’s likely to change.

“Going forward, there are likely to be other cases of other individuals who are born out the United States with citizenship, who achieve political prominence and who are in the ballpark for presidency,” he said. “This issue is not going to go away.”
Several members of Congress — mostly Republicans — have attempted to cement this practice into a bill.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »
Romney mentioned the fact that his father was born in Mexico in response to Gingrich’s allegations that he is “ Anti-immigrant,” which raises the question: If George Romney was born in Mexico, how could he run for president? It is clear that naturalized citizens cannot qualify for the office of president, but there is no clarification in the U.S. Constitution pertaining to people born to U.S. citizens in a foreign country, and there is no definition of a “natural-born citizen.” Some experts have challenged the idea that foreign-born children of U.S. citizens are “natural-born” because citizenship is conferred upon them after birth.

Romney was born to American citizens living in a Mormon church colony in Chihuahua, Mexico.

Citizenship for foreign-born children of U.S. nationals is not an issue that has gained widespread attention. George Romney didn’t make it far enough into  the campaign for it to pose a problem, but that’s likely to change.

“Going forward, there are likely to be other cases of other individuals who are born out the United States with citizenship, who achieve political prominence and who are in the ballpark for presidency,” he said. “This issue is not going to go away.”
Several members of Congress — mostly Republicans — have attempted to cement this practice into a bill.
many people have dual citizenship.  my SIL is american/canadian.  her parents were on vacation in canada, and oops, her water broke.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »
I like Ron Paul; he's a good man.

I note that a whole bunch of nimrods here cannot tell the diff between a liberal and a libertarian.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »
I like Ron Paul; he's a good man.

I note that a whole bunch of nimrods here cannot tell the diff between a liberal and a libertarian.
I'm at odds with libertarians over the abortion issue.  my stand is self-defense only.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scootrd

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 06:51:58 AM »
many people have dual citizenship.  my SIL is american/canadian.  her parents were on vacation in canada, and oops, her water broke.

Cant Run for POTUS if you have dual citizenship and the constitution is vague regarding persons born outside US to US parents. there is no definition of a “natural-born citizen.”

(except for Panama ie: Sen John McCain).

comon Mitt show us your Birth Cetificate :)
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 07:03:19 AM »

I'm at odds with libertarians over the abortion issue.  my stand is self-defense only.

But you can still choke down the idea of voting for Oromney?

What was yer old sig line..........Abortion = Holocaust........yeah that was it!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »
I talked to some of the delagates that attended the GOP convention in Anchorage.  One 80 year old retired state legislator and his wife was physically shoved around by paul supporters so that he never got a chance to speak.  The Paul supporters were approaching violence, and had many physical confrontations during the night.  It turned into a riot as far as some were concerned.  Two US Senators were heckeled to the point they left and did not speak.

This turned into a big Black Eye for the GOP.  After this The hard core Ron Paul supporters have disenfranchised the rest of Alaskans from even considering Ron Paul.  Paul's followers are too radical.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 07:40:55 AM »
Did you all miss the part where Ron Paul actually won Iowa.

Yes.  First I've heard of it.

Because it didn't happen....
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
I talked to some of the delagates that attended the GOP convention in Anchorage.  One 80 year old retired state legislator and his wife was physically shoved around by paul supporters so that he never got a chance to speak.  The Paul supporters were approaching violence, and had many physical confrontations during the night.  It turned into a riot as far as some were concerned.  Two US Senators were heckeled to the point they left and did not speak.

This turned into a big Black Eye for the GOP.  After this The hard core Ron Paul supporters have disenfranchised the rest of Alaskans from even considering Ron Paul.  Paul's followers are too radical.

Yeah!!! That's almost as bad as what the Republican establishment tried at St Charles! :P

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 06:13:31 AM »

Well I must not be a hard core Paul supporter, because I don't believe the kinds of actions that you mentioned Sourdough...

That being said, The GOP really needs to start addressing the rift in it's own party before it's too late.  People are getting angry at the corruption on both sides of the aisle and it's bound to manifest itself somewhere.  With Romeny in the running for pres it's almost ensured that BHO will have his second term.  Hopefully the conservatives can be elected to a majority in Congress to be in a blocking position later and repair their base for the 2016 election...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 07:23:05 AM »
[quote author=Singleshotsam link=topic=256897.msg1099516153#msg1099516153

That being said, The GOP really needs to start addressing the rift in it's own party before it's too late.  People are getting angry at the corruption on both sides of the aisle and it's bound to manifest itself somewhere.  With Romeny in the running for pres it's almost ensured that BHO will have his second term.  Hopefully the conservatives can be elected to a majority in Congress to be in a blocking position later and repair their base for the 2016 election...

Very true! Take a hard look at what the GOP insiders are capable of.....and it doesn't even make a blip on the major media outlets! ::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OixhTqGKo&feature=related

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
has anyone considered that just maybe the majority doesn't want RP?
the majority didn't want my candidate, but I'm not angry about it.  that's the way elections are.

btw, anyone with a blog can put anything on u-tube.  there's some crazy stuff there.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 08:00:17 AM »
btw, anyone with a blog can put anything on u-tube.  there's some crazy stuff there.
Soooo.........are you trying to insinuate that what happened in St Charles is not true?

News flash for ya lil feller: It really happened, just like your chosen saviour, Romney, signed into law a vicious baby killer bill.

Can you smell that Homer? That's hippocracy! :P

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 08:08:11 AM »
Soooo.........are you trying to insinuate that what happened in St Charles is not true?

News flash for ya lil feller: It really happened, just like your chosen saviour, Romney, signed into law a vicious baby killer bill.

Can you smell that Homer? That's hippocracy! :P
not insinuating anything. just comparing RP and Romney.  MY candidate would have fought to end the slaughter.  yours would let it continue.  the MAJORITY chose someone else.
cracy??  what kind of hippopotamus is that??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »

not insinuating anything. just comparing RP and Romney.  MY candidate would have fought to end the slaughter.  yours would let it continue.  the MAJORITY chose someone else.
cracy??  what kind of hippopotamus is that??

What slaughter is that? The one of innocent babies?

Offline Casull

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »
just like your chosen saviour, Romney, signed into law a vicious baby killer bill.

You keep spitting that out, but it just ain't true.  Romney signed a health care bill (not a baby killer bill) that allowed those administering the system to chose what it would cover.  Kind of like RP letting the states choose what they want.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 08:52:57 AM »

You keep spitting that out, but it just ain't true.  Romney signed a health care bill (not a baby killer bill) that allowed those administering the system to chose what it would cover.  Kind of like RP letting the states choose what they want.

And he knew full well what was in it, he helped craft it. And do you really want to look again what he actually said specifically about abortion......The promise he made......his own words?

Your denials won't change that you know.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
.....and isn't it amazing. I make a comment about the hypocracy and you guys go off like I said something nasty about yer mother! In a thread that has devolved into denigration of RP supporters no less! ::)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
just like your chosen saviour, Romney, signed into law a vicious baby killer bill.

exactly, and I don't why he keeps after me, I didn't vote for Romney. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scootrd

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »

It just keeps getting better folks!  The Mainstream media refuses to give credit ::) Still not too late! If more of us old folk would join the young voters,we could get some real representation in Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfrNz_2hvvM&feature=youtu.be

The 2,600 number for the Pitt , PA one was not accurate
My friend was at the PA one , He said many hundreds more were turned away at the door because they ran out of room in the facility.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »

That's right, but eslewhere you have clearly indicated that you will.........

Offline blind ear

• eddiegjr
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 04:22:25 AM »
Politicians are like cats. "Cats will do only what cats do". Politician will support the same type political agenda that they always has, they don't change and they can't be trained.  If the politician flop flopped in the past he will continue to flip flop in the future,  if the politician was a liar in the past he will continue to be a liar in the future.  To get a politician to do what you want done in the future you have to choose a politician that has done what you wanted done in his past .
-
Even an egg sucking dog can't be broken from the habit, "if you don't stay out of my hen house I'm gonna stomp your head in the ground". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9X3iF6ntXQ
-
  ear
Oath Keepers: start local
-
“It is no coincidence that the century of total war coincided with the century of central banking.” – Ron Paul, End the Fed
-
An economic crash like the one of the 1920s is the only thing that will get the US off of the road to Socialism that we are on and give our children a chance at a future with freedom and possibility of economic success.
-
everyone hears but very few see. (I can't see either, I'm not on the corporate board making rules that sound exactly the opposite of what they mean, plus loopholes) ear
"I have seen the enemy and I think it's us." POGO
St Judes Childrens Research Hospital

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »

once again, I stated that I would vote for the republican NOMINEE even if it was RP.
you are allowed to continue telling the same lie about me. but when I point out that fact, my post is deleted.   
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
It looks like a lot of the posts here should be moved to the lesser of two evils thread.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:41 PM »

once again, I stated that I would vote for the republican NOMINEE even if it was RP.
you are allowed to continue telling the same lie about me. but when I point out that fact, my post is deleted.

Yup! You clearly indicated that you would vote for the baby killer. If Oromney is the republican nominee you will vote for him.........that is not a lie, those are YOUR words. A man who signed legislation into law that would allow killing the unborn and who has publicaly stated that he would fight to keep abortion legal. You KNOW he did these things, and you have clearly stated that you believe that "abortion = holocaust".

How many pieces of silver does that take? :-\

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
In 1994, when he was mounting a serious challenge to Democratic incumbent Edward Kennedy in a Massachusetts U.S. Senate contest, Romney tried on a number of issues to position himself as a reasonably liberal alternative to the veteran senator. This was especially true on the question of abortion rights, where Romney did not merely offer a soft pro-choice line like “Roe v. Wade is settled law” or “I support the current law.”
“I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country,” Romney declared in a debate with Kennedy. “I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate.
The reference to his mother is significant, as she was in her day a definitionally pro-choice Republican. When Lenore Romney sought a Michigan U.S. Senate seat in 1970, her literature declared: ''I support and recognize the need for more liberal abortion rights…” while endorsing ''greatly expanded programs of providing adequate family planning services to all those who want but can't afford them.”
The position taken by Lenore Romney was, like that of many women who came of age in an era when restrictions on abortion rights endangered the life and health of women, was influenced by personal experience. According to Mitt Romney, his mother’s stance was inspired by the death of her son-in-law's teenage sister from an illegal abortion. "My mother and my family have been committed to the belief that we can believe as we want, but we will not force our beliefs on others on that matter,” he said of his own pro-choice stance. “And you will not see me wavering on that.”
As it happened, Romney did waver.
When he ran for governor of Massachusetts in 2002, Romney was adamantly pro-choice. "I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose. This choice is a deeply personal one,” he wrote in response to National Abortion Rights Action League's candidate survey. ”Women should be free to choose based on their own beliefs, not mine and not the government's."
At the time, according to the Boston Globe, Romney's running mate, Kerry Healey, declared: "There's isn't a dime of difference between Mitt Romney's position on choice" and that of his Democratic opponent.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/161101/pro-choice-anti-choice-mitt-romney-cannot-be-serious

Still planning to vote for O'romeny if he garners the repub nomination, Bug? Uh gee...I'm not real sure, but I think that would be a vote for a baby killer. ::)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »

It looks like a lot of the posts here should be moved to the lesser of two evils thread.
   Yup

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »
cuts, you can stop the LIES and the obvious HATRED any time..
if enough people are like you, obama will continue on the road to communism.

unless a person is incredibly stupid they should see the damage that can occur with an obama second term.   again, I WILL VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE..
okay, your turn, tell some more blantant lies to try to cover your hate.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye