Author Topic: Match Made in Heaven for PF-9  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Match Made in Heaven for PF-9
« on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:01 AM »
If you own a PF-9 I highly recomend a Hogue Handall Jr. grip glove. I've heard some complain that the PF-9's grips are hard on the hand. If you find that so then this will solve your problem. Not only that but the glove gives everyone better control of the PF-9 thus improving your accuracy. At right around $10, I got mine at Bass Pro for $9 (Got a veteran's discount), the glove is mighty hard to beat as a fantastic deal. Pretty easy to put on yet tight enough it doesn't move around. Here's my PF-9 with the glove;

Offline LHitchcox

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Match Made in Heaven for PF-9
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »
I plan to buy one the next time I go to the gunshop. My daughter has bought her own concealed carry pistol, so I get my PF 9 back. BTW she got a Kahr CW45 which shocked me. I thought she wanted something easily concealable, but she said, "It will be in my purse or my console, I don't need a tiny gun."

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
Ordered one from Amazon for $8.79 - free shipping on this (w/order over $25).  I also just received a new Northwood trigger, but work schedule may delay installationfor a bit.  Will advise.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »
I realy think you guys will like it and find it both comfortable and useful. If I didn't think so I'd never recomend it. :)

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
I installed mine today.  Had to cut about 3/16" from the bottom front of mine to lower its postion - due to my fat  middle 'salute' finger.  So, it sits that far below the magazine release from the position seen in Spirithawk's pic.  I also have the +1 mag from Kel-Tec.  Between the two add-ons, it has a substancially different feel.  Can't wait to shoot it in this configuration.

Offline LHitchcox

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 12:07:56 AM »
I just installed one on my PF9 and I love it. The factory molded checkering can get painful. The Handall Jr really helps. Now I just have to break in my daughter's Kahr CW45 so I can get my KelTec back from her.

Offline Rotten RJ

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
  • Avid Poster
  • "Initial success or total failure."
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
Picked up aPF9 yesterday.  :D My P3AT was so happy to have a big brother (from the USA)  ;) After spending the evening with it, I decided to try Spirithawk's advice and installed a Hogue Handall Jr. grip on it today.  I have never been a fan of the tube grip thingys, but this one really works.  Takes the bite out of the too square edges, backstrap and grip panels.  Thanks Spirithawk. 
RJ
US Army (ret) EOD Master Blaster

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »
Picked up aPF9 yesterday.  :D My P3AT was so happy to have a big brother (from the USA)  ;) After spending the evening with it, I decided to try Spirithawk's advice and installed a Hogue Handall Jr. grip on it today.  I have never been a fan of the tube grip thingys, but this one really works.  Takes the bite out of the too square edges, backstrap and grip panels.  Thanks Spirithawk. 
RJ
You're quite welcome.  I'm glad to be of help. :)