Author Topic: Well it's sort of a computer. My new Samsung Galaxy Precedent phone  (Read 1069 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
I bought a new Android smart phone called the Samsung Galaxy Precedent. I have wanted one for a while now and I have to say it is a great piece of technology. I thought it would take me a month to figure it out but I have had it for 3 days now and can do most things on it. I'm sure there are more things I can do with it that I just have not discovered yet though. This thing is so cool that I can talk to my phone and it responds. I can tell it to call Gabe my boss and it will dial his number. I can even tell it to call Walmart or any other place with a listed phone number and it will call them as well. All I have to say is call Walmart in Cranberry Pa and the phone is ringing in just a couple seconds. It automatically looks up the number and dials it. It also has a GPS in it and it is powed by Google Maps. I can tell my phone to navigate to 424 Negly Ave Butler Pa and it will plot a course and give me turn by turn directions. Say I need to do my laundry I just talk to the phone and say laundry matts in Butler Pa. It will give me a list of them then I can tell it to navigate to the one I choose and it will give me turn by turn directions again. I have also downloaded some ballistics software on it and it will give me shooting solutions in the field. Did I tell you this phone is very cool!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)  Phones sure have come a long way since my flip phone and I don't think I will ever go back to one. I have also loaded my favorite music on it and can plug it in my truck stereo and listen to it on the way to work. The phone is through Walmart and cost $130.00 and the service for it costs $45.00 a month for unlimited talk text and Internet. Oh one other cool feature about this phone is I no longer have to type text messages or emails I can speak to my phone a it will type what I say very accurately. So if you guys have been thinking of getting a smart phone and have not because you thought it might be to hard to operate don't worry about that. It will only take you a couple days to get the hang of it even if you have never used one before like myself. Well I had to brag a little bit about my new toy and I sure like it. Take care Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
That voice operated typing feature sounds good. The main reason I stay with a basic flip phone, and don't use a modern phone like that for e-mails or the internet is because my fingers are just to big to type on such a small key board...

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
I have a Motorola Android and downloaded a level, a compass and a program I use in the air conditioning business.
I also downloaded a pump shotgun and a whip for fun.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
That voice operated typing feature sounds good. The main reason I stay with a basic flip phone, and don't use a modern phone like that for e-mails or the internet is because my fingers are just to big to type on such a small key board...

Larry
I had my doughts as to how well it would work but it really works very well and was surprised so you would not have to worry about big fingers. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
My IPhone doesn't have the talk feature although the new ones do. My hands & fingers are large to but I got the hand of typing on the touch keyboard on it.  ;) problem I have with using the Internet is small screen & bad eyes.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
I just got a new phone and got the Galaxy Epic due to the problems I had with slide out keyborads and  Vienna Sausages for fingers on a touch screen.  Needed the biggest screen I could get!  Still trying to learn how to use it but the learning curve hasnt been too bad.  Havent tried the talk typing feature although I will as soon as I am 2% smarter than my phone is....