Author Topic: obummer backs gay marriage.  (Read 7567 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline oldandslow

Re: obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 01:41:59 PM »
Gotta have those votes.  ::)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
Well there are stories of Obama, back in the day, when he may have been a little light in the loafers.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
Well there are stories of Obama, back in the day, when he may have been a little light in the loafers.

YEP, sure are. Selling his soul for deviate votes. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
Obama has flip-flopped so much that when my wife puts on her warm weather shoes (flip flops) I always say she's wearing her Obamas.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:19:01 PM »
Obama has flip-flopped so much that when my wife puts on her warm weather shoes (flip flops) I always say she's wearing her Obamas.

HEH. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
this is a guy who sat for 20 years in a church in Chicago listening to a reverend rave how they should hate the Jews and "whitie". Even Oprah Winfrey quit the church. He sat there because he wanted VOTES. This is no different than what he did then.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 01:58:31 AM »
average life expectancy on earth = 64.3 years
life expectancy in heaven or hell = FOREVER!!!!!

I think about this when a Biblical question comes up, and try to follow Gods preference.
IMO, hussein is actively pushing satans agenda.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 02:06:21 AM »

I think about this when a Biblical question comes up, and try to follow Gods preference.
  (EDIT)Obama is the most Christian president since Carter.  (EDIT) And God made people homosexual; they didn't choose it.  If you think they did, imagine giving your best buddy a big ol' wet, sloppy kiss on the lips.  Unimaginable, you say?  Well, so is it for the rest of us--unless we're wired by God to like it!

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:10 AM »
Don't want to get into a Biblical discussion, but I do not believe he is a Christian.  Communists are athiests.  He has communist leanings (not christian).  He doesn't attend church in Washington.  Every other president did somewhere, hmmmm.  Being gay is not natural.  Even if you believe in evolution, gays can't reproduce so they are a geneticly defective anomily.  Feds did 6 studies on gays since WWII.  All showed only 1-3% of Americans were truely gay.  another 2-6% were either bi, or effiminate.  So it is a vast minority.  However, most gays donate 10% of their income to gay rights causes, thus have a larger voice than what their percentage of population indicates.  Most gay men started by being exposed to another gay when they first went into puberty, thus a non natural development.  Gays can't reproduce with same sex SO there should be no gay marriage.  I am not apposed to some sort of civil union for legal, inheritance, or other benefits, but not marriage.  Marriage is for those who want to raise children.  Gays are not allowed to marry in EVERY religion, not just Christianity.  It is not normal.  It is deviant and everyone worldwide understands that except bleeding heart American liberals. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 03:17:42 AM »

BUGEYE. Good post Sir, and true, your other posts too.
DIXIE DUDE. Good point Sir. Christians tithe 10 % to doing Gods work, and the funnybunnies give their tithe to doing satans work.
(EDIT)

Offline ppine

• forester
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 05:29:20 AM »
I hear conservatives talk a lot about freedom and liberty.  That is the issue with gay marriage.  Those people are denied spousal benefits like health insurance, community property and visitation rights in hospitals.  I am not in favor of gay people, but I am not against them either.

Your religious freedom ends where other people's rights begin.  You do not get to "dictate" to the rest of the world to conform to your views because of your religious beliefs.  Saying communits are all aethiests is absurd.  How many communists do you know?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 05:45:16 AM »
I hear conservatives talk a lot about freedom and liberty.  That is the issue with gay marriage.  Those people are denied spousal benefits like health insurance, community property and visitation rights in hospitals.  I am not in favor of gay people, but I am not against them either.

Your religious freedom ends where other people's rights begin.  You do not get to "dictate" to the rest of the world to conform to your views because of your religious beliefs.  Saying communits are all aethiests is absurd.  How many communists do you know?
so you would force an employer to go against his religion and subsidize something which God says is an abomination.
I don't "dictate" to anyone. should we subsidize houses of ill fame? no, it's a sin according to the Bible. subsidize drunks? no, over-imbibing is a sin.
One of the beauties of our God is that he gives us free will.  so gays are free to live together and commit sin.  but don't ask me to help them financially.
you liberals have totally skewed logic.  gays have every civil right that I do, but you will take away my civil right to practice my religion in my way.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 05:46:48 AM »
I find it very troubling that Obama, with all the serious problems this country is embroiled in he comes out to say he is in favor of same sex marriage? What a Dufus!
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
Obama is a failure.  He is creating issues to draw attention away from the real issues, the economy and big government.  30 states aready do not allow same sex marriage.  Marriage is a sacrement, it is a sacrement in ALL societies.  I don't care if two men or two women live together.  They don't even have to be gay.  They can have a civil union.  For instance two sisters who have dead spouses or never married.  They might live together to save money.  Why can't they will to each other their retirements, 401-k's, pensions, etc.  This could be a civil union even without being gay.  Could be two brothers, etc.  Marriage is for a man and woman period, doesn't have to be Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or any other religion.  It is for procreation, family, etc.  Same sex marriage perverts the reason for marriage.  Let them have civil unions, but never marriage.  Homosexuals might be smart, productive, artistic, etc, but don't change the majorities view on what REAL marriage is.  If it is allowed but every religion doesn't accept it, does the government have the right then to make pastors, priests, or clerics perform the marriages in their chruches?  The feds need to just stay out of it like the constitution says.  GAY isn't a civil right, it is a lifestyle choice.  If some are born this way, well so are schizophrinics, bi-polars, etc.  IT IS DIVIATED, MUTATED, GENITICLY FLAWED, and it is wrong in all faiths, except maybe the Episcopal chruch. 

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »
Obama is a failure.  He is creating issues to draw attention away from the real issues, the economy and big government.  30 states aready do not allow same sex marriage.  Marriage is a sacrement, it is a sacrement in ALL societies.  I don't care if two men or two women live together.  They don't even have to be gay.  They can have a civil union.  For instance two sisters who have dead spouses or never married.  They might live together to save money.  Why can't they will to each other their retirements, 401-k's, pensions, etc.  This could be a civil union even without being gay.  Could be two brothers, etc.  Marriage is for a man and woman period, doesn't have to be Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or any other religion.  It is for procreation, family, etc.  Same sex marriage perverts the reason for marriage.  Let them have civil unions, but never marriage.  Homosexuals might be smart, productive, artistic, etc, but don't change the majorities view on what REAL marriage is.  If it is allowed but every religion doesn't accept it, does the government have the right then to make pastors, priests, or clerics perform the marriages in their chruches?  The feds need to just stay out of it like the constitution says.  GAY isn't a civil right, it is a lifestyle choice.  If some are born this way, well so are schizophrinics, bi-polars, etc.  IT IS DIVIATED, MUTATED, GENITICLY FLAWED, and it is wrong in all faiths, except maybe the Episcopal chruch.
Yes, schizophrenics, bipolar, and other mental diseases are choices. If the individuals really want to change they can.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

BS to the max--as usual.  Obama is the most Christian president since Carter.  YOU are "actively pushing satans agenda"!  And God made people homosexual; they didn't choose it.  If you think they did, imagine giving your best buddy a big ol' wet, sloppy kiss on the lips.  Unimaginable, you say?  Well, so is it for the rest of us--unless we're wired by God to like it!

If it were true that God made some men homosexual. Don't you think he would have given them some different equipment? A mans backside is not made for what Gays do to each other, and the results from it are very detrimental to their health. If men are born homosexual, how does it work, when some homosexuals quit their homosexual lifestyle, and turn to a normal lifestyle? 
 A Homosexuals life expectancy is around 43 years. After a homosexual is out of their twenties no one wants them, they normally spend the rest of their years as lonely men, suffering from their addiction to gay sex. With a homosexual, it is just all about sex. Its the reason you never see 40 or 50 year old homosexuals walking around. Older men seek out younger men. By older I mean guys in their 30's, because again, it has nothing to do with love, but everything to do with sex. It isn't the gay people that Christians hate, as many claim. Christians hate homosexuality because it goes against Gods word, and it destroys souls.
If God made Homosexuals, why would He ever put scripture in his Holy Book that says things like "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female: its an abomination". Leviticus 18:22 Or, If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Leviticus 20:13.  God made men homosexual like He made pigs with wings and feathers.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
DIXIE DUDE. Good post Sir.
Kimber. I assume you couldn't find any scripture to back up your pro gay feelings?? Please post them when you find them. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
How about { judge not  and mind your own business. }.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Any gay person that believes this epiphany Obama has had on gay marriage is genuine is a complete moron. He suddenly changes view in the middle of an election cycle? Yeah right.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
Any gay person that believes this epiphany Obama has had on gay marriage is genuine is a complete moron. He suddenly changes view in the middle of an election cycle? Yeah right.
I hear what your saying, but I'm not sure. people do go back and forth on issues. He may have gained votes but he also lost votes. I'm not in his head to judge if it was political or not.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »
Kimber. I assume you couldn't find any scripture to back up your pro gay feelings?? Please post them when you find them. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

As someone defending the gay stance why isn't it our business when it affects us? I'm against rapists and pediphiles also. Where do you stand on that??? You seem to be for letting everyone have their sexual preference.
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »

As someone defending the gay stance why isn't it our business when it affects us? I'm against rapists and pediphiles also. Where do you stand on that???
Are you saying being gay is equal to being a rapist or pedophile ?
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline scootrd

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »

As someone defending the gay stance why isn't it our business when it affects us? I'm against rapists and pediphiles also. Where do you stand on that??? You seem to be for letting everyone have their sexual preference.

Why would you equate Rapist and pedophilia with sexual orientation?.

Personally,  I could care less if two consenting adults want to marry. Less than 40 years ago it was against the law for interracial couples to marry in some states.  It's a civil rights issue.

Marriage is a religious institution. You want to marry , Join a church that supports gay marriage and have a religious ceremony.
Let 'em be miserable like every other marital couple I come across nowadays.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

Why would you equate Rapist and pedophilia with sexual orientation?.

Personally,  I could care less if two consenting adults want to marry. Less than 40 years ago it was against the law for interracial couples to marry in some states.  It's a civil rights issue.

Marriage is a religious institution. You want to marry , Join a church that supports gay marriage and have a religious ceremony.
Let 'em be miserable like every other marital couple I come across nowadays.

-----------------
-------

-------

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »
Could someone point out the Article in the Constitution which gives the federal government the power to regulate marriage?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
  There have been suggestions made for homosexuals to have their own situation..they can call it "civil union' , "dogpatch contract", a "streetcorner agreement" or whatever they like, where they can have the same rights and responsibilities as in a real marriage..but not a "marriage" since marriage is a Christian thing. ..But no; they insist on calling their arrangement marriage!  Thus, them wanting to call their arrangement a marriage is an "in your face " to Christians.
         Dredging up the old ethnic or racial shibboleth is a cheap shot.  An Indian, black, eskimo or Chinese person can study, contemplate, pray or wish all they want..they will still be an Indian, black, eskimo or Chinese person. On the other hand a person who is a robber, rapist, homosexual, pedophile or liar..can change from their error if they truly desire to do so.

You guys who don't accept God's rules and pronouncements (e.g. Romans 1:22-28)..that's your right .  Those who claim to be Christians, is it your plan to refuse to help these unfortunate individuals and thus abandon them so God should turn them over to damnation (vs 28).  Is that your plan ?
  For those who are not Christians, where do you get your moral directions, what is the center of your moral compass ?  Where do you get your rules to live by ?
   If you get them from other men, then their rules are only "man made" ..so why bother to obey them?  you can make your own rules as well as they can.
  Now, if we all make up our own rules..you might not think killing is correct or burning your neighbor's house is nice..but your neighbor may feel different..he might think you having a cookout is a major trespass and you deserve the death penalty.
  You can see how fruitless life is without God's basic rules...  On the other hand, if you do generally follow God's rules ..why do you only follow those you like ?  He won't honor that !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 03:44:38 PM »
Ever notice that Abortion, same sex marriage and religion are always placed on the front burner come election time?  ::)  Then after one of the CIN'S Criminal In Charge takes over they just sort of go into cold storage for a while ;) . HE HE! The American voter..........Those Washington insiders have our number and they know it :o

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »
Obamas position is pandering pure and simple.
When he had both houses of congress di he stick Gay marrage into the Obama care bill, did he pass an equal rights law for the LGBT... Community?  Nope.
Is his saying he is for it allow it anywhere?  NO.
But some how the LGBT groups are singing his praises and this guy does nothing with out a fund raiser.  So now they have nothing other than he is for it but not enough to do anything about it.
When Ca fist had a vote to allow gay marrage I said they already have all the rights under the Civil union stuff so why not, when it lost, I said no big deal as they have all the rights just not called it.
When it came back up for a vote I took two liberal arguments I have heard and applied them to Gay marrage.
The first is the People voted and democracy rules.
the second is the argument they use to get rid of christmas decorations and the 10 comandments in city halls.
the argument is that some religous or non religous people could be offended by the display.
Well a gay marrage will offend some and while I can care less what a church does getting married in city hall will offend people and as they have said, we cna not have that.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
NW says:
 "Ever notice that Abortion, same sex marriage and religion are always placed on the front burner come election time?"
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Sure..also "war on women", "war on minorities" and trying to control fence jumpers.........   It works well to take the spotlight off the economy, jobs, Obamacare and ever rising taxes..

Below, one phrase for the continuing Obama supporters:
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline scootrd

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
NW says:
 "Ever notice that Abortion, same sex marriage and religion are always placed on the front burner come election time?"
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Sure..also "war on women", "war on minorities" and trying to control fence jumpers.........   It works well to take the spotlight off the economy, jobs, Obamacare and ever rising taxes..

Below, one phrase for the continuing Obama supporters:

IG you keep blaming obama in a partisan fashion.
Well I'm an equal opportunity Basher..  Our congressional leaders are all inept irregardless of political affiliation.
The RINO's cried , we learned our lesson . please vote is back in..we will make Jobs our number 1 priority.
So we did , and what has become of it.

It took over 430 days in a republican controlled house till the RINO house republicans passed 1 THAT'S RIGHT 1 insignificant watered down jobs bill that only addressed making it easier for small businesses to access investment capital. 430 days to pass a watered down bill that really has no significant impact getting us back on tract with growing Jobs.

The majority of state and fed legislation that has been pushed through for over 490 days has done nothing to target Job growth.

Only issues being addressed are social issues. Abortion, contraception , some immigration at state levels, and now gay marriage.

Now in all fairness tye republicans claim at least 15 Jobs bills have been passed, but when you climb under the covers none of the 15 can claim the tag Job creation.

They are all guilty , they are all inept and all deserve to be removed from their positions dems , reps, independents alike.
They have forgotten they work for us not the other way round.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant