Author Topic: obummer backs gay marriage.  (Read 7555 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
I'm sorry I'm wrong. :-X  I have no opinion. :-[

r29120. Yes you do, everybody has an opinion. Yours are just as valid as anybody elses. I don't agree with you but all opinions are welcome, even if they are wrong. ;) ;)  POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Thanks. ;D

Hey r29120...your opinion is as good as anyones...and as valid..we just like to verbally joust here.  It helps if you try to back it with valid links.  ..But go ahead and join in..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
I'm sorry I'm wrong. :-X  I have no opinion. :-[

r29120. Yes you do, everybody has an opinion. Yours are just as valid as anybody elses. I don't agree with you but all opinions are welcome, even if they are wrong. ;) ;)  POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Thanks. ;D

Hey r29120...your opinion is as good as anyones...and as valid..we just like to verbally joust here.  It helps if you try to back it with valid links.  ..But go ahead and join in..
Thanks, but I'm gonna back off. ;) I seam to be the only one that thinks this way. ??? Take care. :)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
Thanks, but I'm gonna back off. ;) I seam to be the only one that thinks this way. ??? Take care. :)

When you find that everybody else disagrees with you and find yourself alone it might be a good time to reassess your beliefs and acknowledge that you just might be wrong. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2012, 02:52:43 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
"When you find that everybody else disagrees with you and find yourself alone it might be a good time to reassess your beliefs and acknowledge that you just might be wrong. POWDERMAN."

I am sure there are plenty of other boards where he would not be the minority. Just depends where you are hanging at. Just as your mommy probably use to say about going along with the majority, "just because they all jumped off a cliff, should you?"
GuzziJohn

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »
When you find that everybody else disagrees with you and find yourself alone it might be a good time to reassess your beliefs and acknowledge that you just might be wrong. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Maybe. ON THE OTHER HAND... a thinking man might step outside his ECHO CHAMBER where everyone parrots the same beliefs, and find... that he doesn't know everything after all. What if he's wrong? Hmmmm?

Some can never do it; they're  more comfortable clinging to the notion that God Is On Their Side, and that those who disagree are evil. Very comforting, that delusion.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2012, 04:24:46 AM »
I am sure there are plenty of other boards where he would not be the minority. Just depends where you are hanging at. Just as your mommy probably use to say about going along with the majority, "just because they all jumped off a cliff, should you?"
GuzziJohn

guzzi. True, but I still find it strange that you come to a forum that is full of hunters, shooters, and reloaders and back the party that has every intention of disarming us. Does not compute. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2012, 04:34:34 AM »
GuzziJohn

guzzi. True, but I still find it strange that you come to a forum that is full of hunters, shooters, and reloaders and back the party that has every intention of disarming us. Does not compute. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
I have no intention of voting for that Kenyan, that you can be sure of. :)  I'm not sure how he got in, in the first place, or why he's still breathing. ;D

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40:21 AM »
Take comfort in knowing that a gay person is always one generation away from extintion. ;)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2012, 04:46:38 AM »
Take comfort in knowing that a gay person is always one generation away from extintion. ;)
Does that comfort you, r29l20?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:02 AM »
Does that comfort you, r29l20?
No it was meant to comfort the people that disagree with me. I have no problem with them, just read my posts. I support them. Sorry for the confustion. :-[

Offline scootrd

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »
GuzziJohn

And yet those same pro Hunters , shooters, and reloaders on this forum are willing to back a RINO party Mitt Romney  who is no friend to 2nd Amendment all because he supposedly carries an (R) designation. Does not compute!!!  Hmmm go figure.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
   Sodom   &   Gommorah    would    have   ended   homosexuality    if   that    were   true.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2012, 09:09:13 AM »
average life expectancy on earth = 64.3 years
life expectancy in heaven or hell = FOREVER!!!!!

I think about this when a Biblical question comes up, and try to follow Gods preference.
IMO, hussein is actively pushing satans agenda.
  (EDIT)Obama is the most Christian president since Carter.  (EDIT) And God made people homosexual well if that is true and what you believe then explain whay God put Jesus on earth to show us forgivness ? If there was no choice and God made every decision for us then why do we need forgivness ? why do we hang murders since they are doing as God programed them ? ; they didn't choose it can you prove not one did ? bet some did , bet some followed the crowd and bet as you point out sone were born with it but we as outsiders seldom know or need to..  If you think they did, imagine giving your best buddy a big ol' wet, sloppy kiss on the lips.  Unimaginable, you say depends on what sex my buddy is  ;)  could be then again maybe not if its were a woman?  Well, so is it for the rest of us--unless we're wired by God to like it! ----Adam and eve are allowed to serch for knowlege and man kind has done so since but we are not allowed choice . Like every sermon in a Baptist church isn't about making wise choices ,
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline powderman

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »
   Sodom   &   Gommorah    would    have   ended   homosexuality    if   that    were   true.

Sodom and gommorah were the worst of them. God wanted to make a point, he did. There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Well, thank God we don't do such barbaric things here in America - we've got laws against killing people (or threatening them) because we don't like their private sexual practices.

Here's to progress, Truth, and the American Way!

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »

Sodom and gommorah were the worst of them. God wanted to make a point, he did. There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
  THe ancient Philistines had a nasty habit..they sacrificed their babies to one of their god-images, named Molech.  The REAL God doesn't like this evil habit.  For this and other reasons, God decided that gang had to go.
   One day all the leaders and many of the people gathered in a huge temple to praise Dagon, another of their false gods.
  Many Philistines nwere even on the roof, peering down the open center.  They brought Samson there to mock and torture him..but he upshed down the main pillars..killing hundreds, perhaps thousands.
     This didn't stop the ugly sin of sacrificing babies to  false gods any more than the destruction of the homosexuals at Sodom & Gomorrah took away every vestige of that particular sin.
   Nope, some people still sacrifice their own little babies.. they do it in the name of their gods..gods named, inconvenience, freedom, expense, broken relationship, I want to finish school..and a hundred other false gods.

...But Jesus is waiting in the wings, ready to forgive that sin also !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Well, thank God we don't do such barbaric things here in America - we've got laws against killing people (or threatening them) because we don't like their private sexual practices.

+1

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Re: obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »

Sharia law obviously has its proponents in this country too! Be it the Muslim variety or the Christian brand.

Offline powderman

« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
Pretty clear  that several of you can't grasp the fact that homosexuality is a sin, an abomination in Gods eyes, and that he requires obedience. Sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Re: obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
Pretty clear  that several of you can't grasp the fact that homosexuality is a sin, an abomination in Gods eyes, and that he requires obedience. Sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

I grasp that that's YOUR religious view just fine. I understand just fine what the good book has to say on the matter

What y'all can't grasp is despite this what two consenting adults decide to do in their sex life is NONE OF YOUR OR THE GOVERMENTS BUISNESS. That using the force of government which in the end all comes from the barrel of a gun to enforce YOUR moral religious belief on others is no different than the Muslims you guys so enjoy denagrating.

Its also my belief being raised in and not too far removed from my penacostal/southern baptist upbringing that very very few Christians are genuinely right enough with God to actually make it into heaven. This discussion here further reinforces this belief.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
RW Dale,

The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination before the LORD -- it is black letter scripture.   As a Christian, I pray that they will repent and turn from the sinful lives and embrace the righteousness of the LORD.    I don't force my values on them, yet they want to enforce themselves upon us.    And, I know what the scriptures have to say on that matter.

Your position that I, as part of "y'all" using government guns to enforce my will upon homosexuals is equivalent to the Islamic agenda is absurd.  First, I don't point guns at homosexuals, I place too high a value on my guns; second, my religion does not call for global domination and the enslavement or genocide of non-believers.

As for being right with the LORD, HE and I get along just fine; beyond that, my relationship with the LORD is nobody's business.   

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »
Just be glad your going to make it to heaven, you really don't have to worry about converting us. Your gonna waist alot of time and energy trying to run other people's lives and make they see things your way only. You say it's a sin to be gay, but God made them the way they are. Does that mean he screwed up, and now turns his back on them ? What it all comes down to is it's nobodys bussiness but theirs. This is exactly why I question religon. If I can accept them, and God can't ? ???

Offline jimster

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
what two consenting adults decide to do in their sex life is NONE OF YOUR OR THE GOVERMENTS BUISNESS.
I agree.  Too much government, to many laws.  Far as marriage is concerned, the feds need to step out, if a state passes laws on who can get married and you don't like, I guess move to another state...beats me...but there is a state for everyone these days.
Of course I can personally reject the idea of marriage between same sex people, but it won't hurt me either way, I still reserve the right to reject it myself.  I'm married to a good woman, regardless of what anyone else thinks, and if a government does not like that, I'm married in my heart anyway. If a church does not want to marry same sex, leave them alone, find one that does, if you want to think your God approves, you have that right, or maybe he changed his mind now...whatever.  Government staying out of it would be best for all.  Nothing will affect my marriage to my wife either way.
Some may want to consider the ramifications of civil unions between same sex as far as another way to milk the system...all two guys have to do to get the benefits, is to pretend they are gay and fill out the paper work, presto...someone gets the others benefits, health care, etc...I'm sure there is a price tag on this, people are getting pretty good at milking the system when they pass laws that are not well thought out. 
To keep the family traditions alive is not the governments job, only people can do that, you can't force morals, or traditional family values through laws. 
Good news is...they have trouble reproducing, if that helps any.
Obama backs anything and everything, depends on when, and the voting blocks...and if Biden opens his big fat mouth or not.  He's a politician first. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
I grasp that that's YOUR religious view just fine. I understand just fine what the good book has to say on the matter

r.w.dale. Evidently not Sir. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
I think it's time to put this thread to rest, no sence beating a dead horse. ;D

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
Food for thought:
The evidence convincingly shows that what the modern church claims has always been its unchanging attitude towards homosexuality is, in fact, nothing of the sort.   For the last two millennia, in parish churches and cathedrals throughout Christendom, from Ireland to Istanbul and even in the heart of Rome itself, homosexual relationships were accepted as valid expressions of a God-given love and committment to another person, a love that could be celebrated, honored and blessed, through the Eucharist in the name of, and in the presence of, Jesus Christ. 

When Same-Sex Marriage Was a Christian Rite 
http://anthropologist.livejournal.com/1314574.html

Offline powderman

« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
Food for thought:
The evidence convincingly shows that what the modern church claims has always been its unchanging attitude towards homosexuality is, in fact, nothing of the sort.   For the last two millennia, in parish churches and cathedrals throughout Christendom, from Ireland to Istanbul and even in the heart of Rome itself, homosexual relationships were accepted as valid expressions of a God-given love and committment to another person, a love that could be celebrated, honored and blessed, through the Eucharist in the name of, and in the presence of, Jesus Christ. 

HEH. What planet are you from?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 01:20:54 AM »
Food for thought:

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

You are evidently reading some screed from what appears to be an addict of the practice.  I simply reject it out of hand, just as I also reject the "born that way" blather.  I suppose a thief, pedophile, arsonist or forger could make the same claim.
    I see you have a total of 8 posts..then there's muzzie and others with only a few posts.  That's OK and you're welcome..but I am just wondering if someone has put out a call for "brotherly help"?

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 02:23:16 AM »
I have argued the gay issue from a Christian perspective, from all religions perspective, and from an atheist (evolutionary) perspective.  From ALL perspectives it is either wrong, sinful, deviating from normal conditions, mentally off, messed up genes, or unbridled wierd lust.  Anyway you look at it, it DOES NOT show this 2-1/2% should change the meaning of marriage for the 97-1/2%.  There are laws and ways around changing the meaning of marriage.  No need to push this agenda for genetically screwed up people. 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 03:22:37 AM »
I have argued the gay issue from a Christian perspective, from all religions perspective, and from an atheist (evolutionary) perspective.  From ALL perspectives it is either wrong, sinful, deviating from normal conditions, mentally off, messed up genes, or unbridled wierd lust.  Anyway you look at it, it DOES NOT show this 2-1/2% should change the meaning of marriage for the 97-1/2%.  There are laws and ways around changing the meaning of marriage.  No need to push this agenda for genetically screwed up people.
  The main difference seems to be that when the thief, bank robber, grafitti scrawler or extortionist is finally caught...at some point he admits to himself that he was wrong.  Only some perverts will admit to their problem.
  But there are enough of them that some politicians are ready to help send them in ntheir downward spiral...for a few cheap votes.