Author Topic: obummer backs gay marriage.  (Read 7564 times)

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2012, 04:08:36 AM »
There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Well, thank God we don't do such barbaric things here in America - we've got laws against killing people (or threatening them) because we don't like their private sexual practices.

Here's to progress, Truth, and the American Way!
I   can   see   Man   law    trumps   Gods   law    to    you.

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2012, 04:12:21 AM »
There were perverts in other cities as well. They were systematicaly rounded up from time to time and driven out and told that they would be killed if they returned. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Well, thank God we don't do such barbaric things here in America - we've got laws against killing people (or threatening them) because we don't like their private sexual practices.

It certainly seems too when it comes to  christians discussing capital punnishment  -
I mean , Who really needs to follow that silly first commandment anyways.

sorry we now return to regularly scheduled thread topic.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24:35 AM »

HEH. What planet are you from?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Earth. And you? Uranus no doubt!  8) 8) 8) :-* :-* :-*

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2012, 04:35:19 AM »

HEH. What planet are you from?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Earth. And you? Uranus no doubt!  8) 8) 8) :-* :-* :-*
Lets all play nice. We can agree to disagree. ;D No one is going to give on their view of this topic. We should just let it go. :)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2012, 04:42:57 AM »
I know in the 10 commandments God says not to kill.  In the same book and the next book, God knew there would be murder, so He told them to stone murderers.  They kill, they lost their right to live.  He also made allowance for personal, community, and national defence, knowing that there are evil people in the world.  Most Christians have read the whole book and know that there is allowance for capital punishment.  Can't take one scripture out of context. 

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »
    I see you have a total of 8 posts..then there's muzzie and others with only a few posts.  That's OK and you're welcome..but I am just wondering if someone has put out a call for "brotherly help"?
I think Ironglow is unnerved by the idea of non-comformity amongst GBO posters....
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
IRONGLOW. I believe both cair and the dnc have cleaned house to make room for more recruits in the past week or 2.  POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 05:58:24 AM »
Oh no! Oh no! :o :o :o  It's going from occupy wall street to occupy GBO. ;D
GuzziJohn

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »
"The long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try. They will not rest until every one of our children at least gets to try, has the opportunity and maybe is forced to at least once experience homosexual acts."
—Paul Cameron, of the Family Research Institute, also stating that Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage "lends some credence" to claims that the president is gay

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 06:47:57 AM »

It certainly seems too when it comes to  christians discussing capital punnishment  -
I mean , Who really needs to follow that silly first commandment anyways.

sorry we now return to regularly scheduled thread topic.

As DD said, if you want to debate Biblical principles..you ought to be somewhat familiar with the Bible...enough at least, so you don't take it out of context, please  read this;
    " Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."  (Genesis 9:6)

Technically,  the 6th commandment says we should not "murder"... Something the libbies ought to consider when they push for the legalized murder of pre-born boys & girls.

The 1st commandment says we should have no other gods..Do you honor it ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
Quote from two-blocked:
""The long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try. They will not rest until every one of our children at least gets to try, has the opportunity and maybe is forced to at least once experience homosexual acts."—Paul Cameron, of the Family Research Institute, also stating that Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage "lends some credence" to claims that the president is gay"

Now that folks has to be one of the most ignorant statements to date on this board.
GuzziJohn

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:15 AM »
Quote from two-blocked:
""The long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try. They will not rest until every one of our children at least gets to try, has the opportunity and maybe is forced to at least once experience homosexual acts."—Paul Cameron, of the Family Research Institute, also stating that Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage "lends some credence" to claims that the president is gay"

Now that folks has to be one of the most ignorant statements to date on this board.
GuzziJohn
+1

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2012, 08:12:24 AM »
"The long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try. They will not rest until every one of our children at least gets to try, has the opportunity and maybe is forced to at least once experience homosexual acts."
Paul Cameron, of the Family Research Institute, also stating that Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage "lends some credence" to claims that the president is gay

Well bless my soul... I do believe that Paul Cameron is an ideologue and an idiot, too!

WAIT - maybe that's too harsh... maybe he's fighting some self-loathing, coming from his own homosexual leanings? Let's hear what he has to say:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/paul-cameron-anti-gay-pundit-obama-gay-confession_n_1522548.html

Oh my... he sez as much hisself in the video (see starting at 9:00).

http://youtu.be/5wCY6XIbtLU

Paul Cameron, claiming he was raped as a child, had to overcome some... repressed homosexuality. That's got to be hard to live with, and I feel for the brother... he has apparently chose to work out his issues by being an enemy to gay people. Yikes. 

It seems that a lot of anger at homosexuals, on the part of individuals/anti-gay activists... is based on some repressed homosexuality, that they're working through. Seems to be the case with Mr Cameron, maybe... ?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
What   does   Islamic   law   say   on   homosexuality ?   Dont    think   they   back    gay    marriage.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Quote from mcbammer:
"What   does   Islamic   law   say   on   homosexuality ?   Dont    think   they   back    gay    marriage."

Who here cares what Islamic law is on homosexuality?
GuzziJohn

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
obummer backs gay marriage.
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
Well I think he is a little harsh in his wording.... But does have some truth. You can never have complete acceptance and understanding of something without experience. You can never have complete trust without complete understanding. 

I'm not gonna go on a hellfire and damnation route like my other gunnies on here... But I believe there are some preferences which are ok to have.

Some people don't want their kids to be around guns, so they teach them the opposite is good. Some people don't want their kids to be Jewish so they teach then Christianity is the way. Some people don't want their kids to be money grubbing greedies, so they teach them frugality. Some people don't want their kids to be gay, so they teach them the beautiful relationship between a man and a woman.

Well in reality, there is nothing harmful with guns(unless you believe they lead to violence) there is nothing harmful with being jewish(unless you believe that denying christ damns you eternally) there is nothing harmful with wanting money(capitalism - unless you believe the want of money is greed) and there is nothing harmful about being gay (unless you believe it leads to moral pitfalls)

In reality there are thousands of belief systems out there, and what people do behind closed doors is none of my business. They can think and act how they want, as long as it doesn't bother me directly.

Obama saying - "I support gay marriage" puts them on a pedestal they don't need to be on. I don't mind if people are gay, that's their business, but when you make a big fuss over it.... That's annoying. I'm not gay, but there are still many parts of my life I don't just throw out there, because they are private parts of my life.

So you are gay and proud... That's grand. I'm straight and.... I don't give a crap what anybody thinks, so I don't need to go yell it on a mountain top.

And they thing that annoys the crap out of me is that he is doing this for the election. He is saying I support you....  Right in time to get your vote. Obama - using gays as a crutch. 

Kind of like when the government "apologized" for slavery. How many slaves did the people apologizing own???  None??  You apologies mean nothing. And honestly, without slaves, we would of lost the revolutionary war, without a doubt, and the USA wouldn't have been how it is. Just food for thought.

I'm annoyed at people being ashamed of our history, and annoyed at people trying to find somebody to hate because they think their way is the best way.

I guess I should just stay in the gun forum... I think this week is the first time I've wondered into these political and open discussion side of gbo in all m years here... 

I love guns and am gonna buy more, not watch the news, go fishin, and let everybody live how they wanna live. And be happy. How's that sounds?
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
Quote from mcbammer:
"What   does   Islamic   law   say   on   homosexuality ?   Dont    think   they   back    gay    marriage."

Who here cares what Islamic law is on homosexuality?
GuzziJohn
Your    President   dont    seem    to    beleive   in  any  religion.

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »
Well I think he is a little harsh in his wording.... But does have some truth. You can never have complete acceptance and understanding of something without experience. You can never have complete trust without complete understanding. 

I'm not gonna go on a hellfire and damnation route like my other gunnies on here... But I believe there are some preferences which are ok to have.

Some people don't want their kids to be around guns, so they teach them the opposite is good. Some people don't want their kids to be Jewish so they teach then Christianity is the way. Some people don't want their kids to be money grubbing greedies, so they teach them frugality. Some people don't want their kids to be gay, so they teach them the beautiful relationship between a man and a woman.

Well in reality, there is nothing harmful with guns(unless you believe they lead to violence) there is nothing harmful with being jewish(unless you believe that denying christ damns you eternally) there is nothing harmful with wanting money(capitalism - unless you believe the want of money is greed) and there is nothing harmful about being gay (unless you believe it leads to moral pitfalls)

In reality there are thousands of belief systems out there, and what people do behind closed doors is none of my business. They can think and act how they want, as long as it doesn't bother me directly.

Obama saying - "I support gay marriage" puts them on a pedestal they don't need to be on. I don't mind if people are gay, that's their business, but when you make a big fuss over it.... That's annoying. I'm not gay, but there are still many parts of my life I don't just throw out there, because they are private parts of my life.

So you are gay and proud... That's grand. I'm straight and.... I don't give a crap what anybody thinks, so I don't need to go yell it on a mountain top.

And they thing that annoys the crap out of me is that he is doing this for the election. He is saying I support you....  Right in time to get your vote. Obama - using gays as a crutch. 

Kind of like when the government "apologized" for slavery. How many slaves did the people apologizing own???  None??  You apologies mean nothing. And honestly, without slaves, we would of lost the revolutionary war, without a doubt, and the USA wouldn't have been how it is. Just food for thought.

I'm annoyed at people being ashamed of our history, and annoyed at people trying to find somebody to hate because they think their way is the best way.

I guess I should just stay in the gun forum... I think this week is the first time I've wondered into these political and open discussion side of gbo in all m years here... 

I love guns and am gonna buy more, not watch the news, go fishin, and let everybody live how they wanna live. And be happy. How's that sounds?
Sounds about right to me. :)

Offline powderman

« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Your    President   dont    seem    to    beleive   in  any  religion.

MCCBAMMER. Certainly no Christian religion. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
One of the common mistakes on both sides here is to say.." you're trying to force your opinion upon me" !  Although it is most often heard from liberals, we have heard it from both sides.
  Just take a deep breath and step back...then think..   Nobody can their opinion on anybody here !  Shucks, you can even placed them on your "ignore" list if you want...   There are 2 basic views of the sin of homosexuality.
   A) Some here, to whom God's word means something..believe the practice is sin and detrimental to the culture, nation and the practitioner's own soul..,
   B)  Others believe homosexuality is natural, normal and apparently wholesome and those who practice it, should not be discouraged from it.

So why is neither one a correct position to hold.

One side believes they have the authority of God for their position, the other believes they have the authority of men.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »
And others remember they aren't an authority at all.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:15 AM »
That's a bit sanctimonious because both sides believe they have God's blessing!
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.htm
As with many other religiously-based conflicts like abortion access, equal rights for transgender persons and transsexuals, and -- in past years -- interracial, interfaith and inter-ethnic marriages, we see two opposing groups strongly disagreeing with each other, even as they tenatiously hold firmly to their beliefs. Harmonizing their beliefs would require dialogue. This involves sitting down together, explaining their beliefs to each other, and discussing their differences. The process encourages both sides to seek the truth, and to avoid trying to convince the other side to change their mind.
 Unfortunately, both sides tend to stay apart, throw verbal rocks at each other, and teach their followers only one side of the conflict as absolute truth. Dialogue on sexual orientation is essentially non-existent. In the meantime, about one in four lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth are thrown out of their homes when they come out of the "closet" to their parents. Suicide ideation and completed suicide rates among LGBT youths are much higher than average. If a concensus were reached, there is every chance that these dreadful figures could be reduced. With no consensus, the trail of coffins lengthens daily. Our opinion is that both sides exhibit depraved indifference when they do not actively engage in dialogue.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:37 AM »
two-blocked,
You really have me confused now. You previously posted what I consider to be a very ignorant statement and now you make another post that is much more thoughtful and makes sense and does not seem in anyway connected to your first post. What am I missing here?
GuzziJohn

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
simplistic
There are 2 basic views of the sin of homosexuality.
   A) Some here, to whom God's word means something..believe the practice is sin and detrimental to the culture, nation and the practitioner's own soul..,
   B)  Others believe homosexuality is natural, normal and apparently wholesome and those who practice it, should not be discouraged from it.
Ah, Ironglow on the Side of God. Well... there are some to whom God's word means something... that have decided that God can judge this stuff, and it isn't their business to boss others. I think Jesus was probably a lot nicer to 'sinners' than some of his self-proclaimed saints hereabouts.

One side believes they have the authority of God for their position
Yes, God With Us. They had that on Nazi belt buckles in 1942, and were absolutely certain of it. Be careful. Lots of people think they have God On Their Side.
the other believes they have the authority of men.

I believe we call that The Constitution - you know, that document meant to limit the power of the state?

I say we knock off the God is on our Side judging and opt for more rather than less liberty. God'll get to the judging in good time, and might surprise some.

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 10:14:22 AM »
Well there are a lot of people who through strict religious beliefs feels there is nothing right in being gay. - obviously we have those around here.

There are some who could care less either way. You can do what you want, but don't expect me to help your cause - (me)

And there are the supporters.

Middles don't really wanna talk cause they don't want to change what others think in the first place. Againsts want everybody to be straight.... Which just ain't gonna happen. And supporters want to change Againsts... Which also means changing their belief system (6000 years of middle eastern war due to difference in religious beliefs???) good luck.

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
Oh and the constitution gives power to state. With out it, state has no power. Everything not in the constitution, state cannot do. Sets a lot more limits that way. Shorter the constitution, better the government.

Too bad they keep adding crap. Stupid "amendment" system. Stop at ten. Ten's a good number.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
I'll differ on Constitution. The state can take what it wants - it has the power - but for the Constitution, which places limits on what gov't can do.

Too many think of Constitution as limitor/grantor of rights; it is not. It is a limiter on the power of gov't. A very, very important concept - IMHO, anyhows....

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
two-blocked,
You really have me confused now. You previously posted what I consider to be a very ignorant statement and now you make another post that is much more thoughtful and makes sense and does not seem in anyway connected to your first post. What am I missing here?
GuzziJohn
Maybe he's a polition. ;D  I'm just kidding. ;D

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »
Quote from Carbanzo:
"Too bad they keep adding crap. Stupid "amendment" system. Stop at ten. Ten's a good number."

So you are saying you still support slavery along with blacks and women not being able to vote?
GuzziJohn

Offline corbanzo

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »
I'll differ on Constitution. The state can take what it wants - it has the power - but for the Constitution, which places limits on what gov't can do.

Too many think of Constitution as limitor/grantor of rights; it is not. It is a limiter on the power of gov't. A very, very important concept - IMHO, anyhows....

Look at it this way.... If I say... You can only do this, this, and this.. That means you can do three things, and that's it.

That is a very high power of limitation.

If I say, you can't do this, this, and this.... You can't do three things; Then there are limitless other things I haven't mentioned that you can do.

That is a very finite power of limitation.

It is so very important that government NEVER be allowed to have the option to take power over anything that isn't directly given by the people - using the constitution.

So yes, it is meant to limit the power of government. But telling the government, these and only these are the things you can do, it limits much more effectively than saying only certain things what it can't do.