Author Topic: now for one swampy will like  (Read 1941 times)

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
Re: now for one swampy will like
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
  Factory ammo is very good and few can build handloads that are better.
What?  ???   :o
Now THAT borders on obscene.
 Mark, it's not a case that only a few can load better than factory ammo, because if that's the case I'm privilaged enough to have many many of those few living near to me and are members of my rifle club.

It's more a case of, a few will never really understand handloading and never be able to load better than factory ammo.
found elsewhere

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
now for one swampy will like
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
Factory ammo kills deer as dead. Isn't that what's important swampy?  Minute of deer??  Hell on a lung shot at 65 yards I'm sure swampy can keep up with the us biathlon team.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »
  Factory ammo is very good and few can build handloads that are better.

I guess I should be very proud too be one of these few.

yooper77

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 01:02:53 AM »
Well personaly i dont know if you can handload better ammo but you can handload ammo just as good and have the option of changing components to find a load that works best in your particular gun. Sure some get lucky and find a factory load that works best but thats rare. As to rifles being good enough. I never bought into that camp. I dont want a rifle that shoots good enough i want one that shoots its best. Another argument for handloading and this one might stir up some resentment but ive yet to see ANYONE who buys and shoots just factory ammo that is a good shot. It takes practice. Lots of it to become profiecent with a rifle or handgun and unless your a good bit richer then i am your going to go broke buying it. Your not going to buy a new gun and 3 boxes of shells and become any kind of a rifleman. If your buying enough factory ammo to become a great shot i sure wish youd consider adopting a 55 year old guy!! It about breaks me just buying powder and primers to keep up with my shooting.
blue lives matter

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 11:14:06 AM »
$15.00 a box for factory ammo is cheap IMO.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »
You ain't bought Factory ammo in awhile have ya?
found elsewhere

Offline rugerfan.64

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
I'm telling ya its not the shooting or loading,,,,,,,, its how swampy measures his groups.

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 03:23:59 AM »
I'm telling ya its not the shooting or loading,,,,,,,, its how swampy measures his groups.

OR, what meds he took, or forgot to take that day!

DM

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 08:24:38 AM »
You ain't bought Factory ammo in awhile have ya?

I buy it all the time.  It works great and is better than it ever was.  Same thing goes for rifles.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
The cheapest place to get it is Dick's Sporting Goods in the fall.  Then you mail in the Remington rebate coupon.  Almost free...