Author Topic: Why did we invade Iraq ?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Why did we invade Iraq ?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
jimster, plain and simple . . . BS.  The Democrats you mentioned supported the war because GWB & Company sold them a bill of goods.  You need to read the interview with Colin Powell in this week's *NEWSWEEK* magazine.

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
Junior...I have proven you wrong...dems were telling us about WMD way before Bush JR...I proved it.  GWB was not around.
Not debatable. 

Side note on WMD....in case anyone cares,  it's pretty well known about the 500 tons of yellow cake Iraq had...so just to be fair I'll even Post a story from the lefts favorite...MSNBC....even they reported it....as quietly as they could.  I do not think we should have went there, but hey, 500 tons of this stuff was not going to be used to power up their sewer systems either... ;)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/secret-us-mission-hauls-uranium-iraq/

Offline muznut 54

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
We are in the boat we are in now because of bushy boy and his cronies scheming lying, cheating and stealing everything they can. Lets see a group of people that seek ed draft deferments from my daddy can fix this or I'm to smart for war to a pimple on my Butt. What a bunch of dirt bags! 

Offline jimster

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »
You should actually like Bush, he signed everything the dems who controlled congress put on his desk...I of course did not like that one bit, but I can't for the life of me figure out why you did not like him.
Here is some more info on WMD just to stir people up...might as well get things in the open. 
Yep....there was WMD...no I do not think we should have went into Iraq under Bush...but the "we did not find WMD" stuff was your own democrat "cronies" not telling you squat about anything....keep votin for em if ya want.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/10/wikileaks-show-wmd-hunt-continued-in-iraq-with-surprising-results/

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/6/29/163659.shtml
http://www.ice-news.net/2010/11/22/whats-this-did-we-actually-find-wmds-in-iraq/

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »
I wonder how many of you all have had the opportunity to watch a documentary called "Why We Fight". It focuses on Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower's farewell address to the nation just before he left office.

I was surprised at the cautioning view that a former military man of his stature had towards the entire subject. One would think that he would be like all the other retired brass, well financially invested in the weapons, technology, and logistics industries, laughing his way to the bank with the outbreak of every new conflict.

But instead, he WARNS America of the impending evil of the "Military Industrial Complex". Over fifty years ago, he saw this coming and on national television he WARNED us. What balls!

How quickly we forget. I wasn't even a thought in my dads pants at that time but the documentary stirred me. I did fairly well in history and I had a good understanding of all the events and players to which Ike made reference.

I just don't understand how after watching this, either then or now, anyone can not see through all the BS and money trails.

It's not about religious zealots either Muslim or Christian. It's not about keeping terrorism in check (cannot be done), or imposing our flawed political ideology on the Taliban or whoever the hell they are.

IT IS ALWAYS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. That is the only "God" that is worshipped by those who seek out and horde power (politicians, kings and CEOs etc.) And there is no limit to the deception and misdirection used.

Just keep on watching that "glow in the box" and believe. Sheeeeit. I'll sharpen my own sword of logic and swing it thank you.

The short and narrow sightedness of people in general never ceases to blow my mind!

One thing my military experience gave me above all else was a renewed appreciation and love for ALL life.

And in the end when one asks the question "why do we fight?" the documentary gives the answer quite clearly... Because there aren't enough people that are informed enough and brave enough to stand up and say "I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT ANYMORE" Shame on all of us.

If you haven't seen this documentary ("Why We Fight"), do so. It will probably take alot of you old timers back!

Peace,
Finisher

Offline jimster

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
Good post finisher.   You are spot on...all about money.  They will lie to all of us about everything, regardless of the political persuasion, anything to keep the war machine going.  While we argue over stupid things like WMD...and terrorists...they just want keep the war maching going, and it's too much work for the American people to walk away from their lying parties I guess.

I wish we would stop running around invading other countries.  I don't care if they have WMD or not...I don't care about the terrorists there.  We have terrorists running our government and dividing us into groups with their lies.

Offline muznut 54

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »
Jimster I never said I was a Dem I was just not dumb enough to vote for bushy and his cronies ever, none of the blood he caused is on my hands. How about you?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:08 AM »
  Hey Scoot;
  If you want to maintain any credibility, you should answer all these Democrats..who beat Bush to the punch on wanting to kick Saddam's butt !   http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_George_Bush_lie_about_the_WMDs_in_Iraq

Only difference is, they didn't do anything about it..while Bush did.

As far as the photo below, i would never hold that creeps hand... but I did wonder where Obammy got the idea of kissing his hand.   I guess he just wanted to kiss the hand that held Bush's hand.. ;)   ;D   ;D

Mmmmm..check this out..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQa5Ftio8mo
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 04:04:37 AM »
IG: 
  WEll TM;
  Writing about the time Sadam was swinging from a rope, Gen. Georges Sada. Saddam's Vice Air Marshall said in his book that Saddam had WMD.  He moved them into Syria, while Turkey held us up for 2-3 weeks, denying coalition forces entrance to Iraq from their frontier.   http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

Quite frankly TM, I believe the second in command of Saddam's Air force ..would have a better handle on that information than you would !

Try reading Sada's book "Saddam's Secrets"..you can learn a lot..I did when I read it..
"Better handle...?"...?....Yup..better handle !! This guy Sada is precious....while Blitz, Ritter, and 400 UN inspecors were searching for WMD,  Sada was helping load WMD on airplanes destined for Syria he says....and inspectors were oblivious.. ::) ::) ::) ::) .  Then Sada, no. 2 in the Iraqui AF is still walking around breathing air, and making guest appearances on American propamedia telaversion shows...amazing!....This guy is alive, because ____________??  That was during the 2-3 weeks while combat operations were in progress, and the Turks were holding thing up on their end.  UN inspectors by then had been out for months...they had not been allowed to inspeact anyway.
Then he claims the WMD were flown to Syria, closer to isreal, right under the noses of our $100 billion/yr (?) Intell and DoD agencies who didn't shoot them down over Iracq airspace...heck, since these were crazy mooslilimb terrorist pledged to wipe isreal off the map, when the end was near why didn't they just fly them into isreal and crash the planes....since wiping isreal off the map as we are told is their main world wide project...like those scuds were doing in GW 1...?  You really should have read the book.. some were flown out, but the vast bulk went to Syria on trucks..under loads of watermelons, building supplies etc. 
Then while Sada was making the talk show circuit, he said on the John Stewart Show, that the 'wmd' were precursors, barreled  reagents maybe for use in WMD production...My qusestion is, how did  Gen No 2 Sada escape taking a dirt nap, but is instead walking around making appearances on propamedia....?  This guy is right out of central casting... ::) ::)   Perhaps he was working for the CIA right along..if so, good for him.  Smarter than Saddam..he still has a regular length neck.
The other thing is Bush Jr. et al along with propamedia lead us to believe that these WMD were radiological WMD,,,that could be smuggled into the USA or isreal and deployed by TERRORIST,,,,ooooh!.....This from intell records mostly from isreal's Mossad.. Bush was gamed--the American people were gamed....the whole thing is myth, fairy tales of storytellers...American people need to be more skeptical of this crapola or any future false flag events,...we need 20 million Joe Wislsons yesterday..
  WMD are WMD..would you rather die by nuclear, chemical or biological ?  ... Just in case you missed it, Joe Wilson's "yellow cake" story has been PROVEN a lie.
..TM7

BTW...you haven't answered these Democrats yet... Are they also all liars ?

Many quotes have surfaced from Democrats in an attempt to suggest the lie was a joint effort. However many of these quotes were made years before the invasion in an attempt to DIMINISH his WMD capacity utilizing UN sanctions, or were based off of what we now know was filtered intellegence.

Some of these statements include:
(But keep in mind that few of these Democrats argued that Iraq's weapons capacity was such a threat that pre-emptive war was justified. Many of the quotes are taken from the context of potential sanctions and other methods.)
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is using and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_George_Bush_lie_about_the_WMDs_in_Iraq#ixzz1v8TzImAN
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 05:20:08 AM »
No surprise the neolib and neocon factions of The Party have the same agenda...and get together for the really big stuff.   Just mind blowing among $100 billion spent on Intell and  $800 billion on DoD,,,,our political leaders daily pontificating about WMD as the reason for invasion, admist UN inspecors finding zilich.....that a two bit and air space restricted former US ally dictator can send loads, tons and tons apparently in caravans under water melons,,, ;D  and not one item is shot down or interdicted for show and tell, and all this crap goes to Syria closer to isreal, and not one load gets dropped on isreal on eve of war...and still alive Gen No 2 a key Iracqui general makes US propamedia circuit telling the whole story post facto... WOW..!!  I want a bleedin tax refund for US incompetence... ;)   I guess this gives more creedence to the so-called conservatives  mantra that governmnet can't do anything right---except rub out bin Laden after several years living retired under their collective noses.
 BTW, as a sidebar,,,,I have recently acquired a bridge which I am willing to offer you on a first refusal or accept basis and at deep discount...daily receipts exceed $125k....are you interested...?
...TM7

So how would the "conspiro-libs" handle it ?

Offline magooch

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 04:17:21 AM »
Anyone who thinks that we and a lot of the rest of the world wouldn't have eventually had to deal with Saddam and his two evil sons, just wasn't paying attention, or weren't around to notice what was going on.  The world is better off that that regime is gone--period.  If both of the Presidents Bush had not taken the action that they did, they would have been raked over the coals by the Dumycrats and their news media sycophants for being cowardly and shirking their responsibility.  That would not have been justification for doing what they did; they did what they did, because it was the right thing to do.  They just weren't as ruthless about it as I think they should have been.  It should have been all over and done with in 15 minutes.  Iran and Afghanistan might be much less of a problem these days if that had been the course of action.
Swingem

Offline muznut 54

• A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 04:31:06 AM »
I remember a lot of talk about N.Korea but we didn't go there? And what was going on over there made Saddam look like a saint. But anyway for the record I voted for Reagan twice papa Bush once and I was going to vote for Mccain until he picked his running mate then I said no way I'm going to let her near the controls! Moral of the story the republican party needs to get their act together!   

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 06:17:04 AM »
I remember a lot of talk about N.Korea but we didn't go there? And what was going on over there made Saddam look like a saint. But anyway for the record I voted for Reagan twice papa Bush once and I was going to vote for Mccain until he picked his running mate then I said no way I'm going to let her near the controls! Moral of the story the republican party needs to get their act together!   

You soud very confused...

Sure;...Joe Biden is a more rational pick:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAzOIT4Ef8

Yup ! Old Joe is a "bushel of brains":  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxdj-ZwKNZ0

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
IG: 
  WEll TM;
  Writing about the time Sadam was swinging from a rope, Gen. Georges Sada. Saddam's Vice Air Marshall said in his book that Saddam had WMD.  He moved them into Syria, while Turkey held us up for 2-3 weeks, denying coalition forces entrance to Iraq from their frontier.   http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

Quite frankly TM, I believe the second in command of Saddam's Air force ..would have a better handle on that information than you would !

Try reading Sada's book "Saddam's Secrets"..you can learn a lot..I did when I read it..
"Better handle...?"...?....Yup..better handle !! This guy Sada is precious....while Blitz, Ritter, and 400 UN inspecors were searching for WMD,  Sada was helping load WMD on airplanes destined for Syria he says....and inspectors were oblivious.. ::) ::) ::) ::) .  Then Sada, no. 2 in the Iraqui AF is still walking around breathing air, and making guest appearances on American propamedia telaversion shows...amazing!....This guy is alive, because ____________??  That was during the 2-3 weeks while combat operations were in progress, and the Turks were holding thing up on their end.  UN inspectors by then had been out for months...they had not been allowed to inspeact anyway.
Then he claims the WMD were flown to Syria, closer to isreal, right under the noses of our $100 billion/yr (?) Intell and DoD agencies who didn't shoot them down over Iracq airspace...heck, since these were crazy mooslilimb terrorist pledged to wipe isreal off the map, when the end was near why didn't they just fly them into isreal and crash the planes....since wiping isreal off the map as we are told is their main world wide project...like those scuds were doing in GW 1...?  You really should have read the book.. some were flown out, but the vast bulk went to Syria on trucks..under loads of watermelons, building supplies etc. 
Then while Sada was making the talk show circuit, he said on the John Stewart Show, that the 'wmd' were precursors, barreled  reagents maybe for use in WMD production...My qusestion is, how did  Gen No 2 Sada escape taking a dirt nap, but is instead walking around making appearances on propamedia....?  This guy is right out of central casting... ::) ::)   Perhaps he was working for the CIA right along..if so, good for him.  Smarter than Saddam..he still has a regular length neck.
The other thing is Bush Jr. et al along with propamedia lead us to believe that these WMD were radiological WMD,,,that could be smuggled into the USA or isreal and deployed by TERRORIST,,,,ooooh!.....This from intell records mostly from isreal's Mossad.. Bush was gamed--the American people were gamed....the whole thing is myth, fairy tales of storytellers...American people need to be more skeptical of this crapola or any future false flag events,...we need 20 million Joe Wislsons yesterday..
  WMD are WMD..would you rather die by nuclear, chemical or biological ?  ... Just in case you missed it, Joe Wilson's "yellow cake" story has been PROVEN a lie.
..TM7

BTW...you haven't answered these Democrats yet... Are they also all liars ?

Many quotes have surfaced from Democrats in an attempt to suggest the lie was a joint effort. However many of these quotes were made years before the invasion in an attempt to DIMINISH his WMD capacity utilizing UN sanctions, or were based off of what we now know was filtered intellegence.

Some of these statements include:
(But keep in mind that few of these Democrats argued that Iraq's weapons capacity was such a threat that pre-emptive war was justified. Many of the quotes are taken from the context of potential sanctions and other methods.)
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"There is no doubt that . Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, Dec, 5, 2001.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (d, MI), Sept. 19, 2002.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002.

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is using and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_George_Bush_lie_about_the_WMDs_in_Iraq#ixzz1v8TzImAN

In a word....yes.
There's only one Party running the U.S. government,  the War Party.
It has two wings that greatly exaggerate their minute differences in order to keep the suckers in the game.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »
  So Rio Grande; you have mad terrorists attack your country killing 3,000 and trying to cripple your economy, attacking Americans around the globe and promising they won't quit..what's your answer. 
   Ummm.... if you're one of those conspiracy nut just say "yes" and you need not explain any more..
  If on the other hand, you are rational..tell us what would be your way of dealing with these thousands of terrorists trying to destroy us.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 04:33:13 PM »
  From Scoot;
  " We invaded because Junior wanted to complete what SR. did not. They lied to America (yes Lied).
sold us a bill of goods about WMD to Justify. Cheney was the architect. Helped Haiburton was there for the clean-up."
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Better get your history straight !  Bush sr DID finish his job..he destroyed the 4th largest army in the world, sent Saddam back to Baghdad..and got him to sign a capitulation agreement.
  Then along came Clinton, who for 8 years courted the chinese and fed Monica under the desk.  The terrorists hit many targets..USS Cole, the World Trade Center.. bombing #1, embassy bombings in Nairobi and Saudi Arabia..and his bumbling attempt in Mogadishu...and when UBL on a silver platter..refused the gift..couldn't be bothered with that stuff...Monica demanded attention..
  So, get after the REAL bumbler !

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
So, how do we rescue America from its government and from the corrupt media that serves as a Ministry of Truth for a corrupt government?

Get everyone in America to Shoot their television sets and start pursuing a classical higher education with an emphasis on LOGIC? :-\

Does anyone remember Marlon Brandos last words in "Apocalypse Now"?
"......the horror, ......the horror..."

The liberation of ones mind from ones own voluntarily chosen mental, intellectual, spiritual, etc. etc. prisons is a choice one must make for oneself. Others can only offer guidance.

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »
So, how do we rescue America from its government and from the corrupt media that serves as a Ministry of Truth for a corrupt government?

Get everyone in America to Shoot their television sets and start pursuing a classical higher education with an emphasis on LOGIC? :-\

The liberation of ones mind from ones own voluntarily chosen mental, intellectual, spiritual, etc. etc. prisons is a choice one must make for oneself. Others can only offer guidance.

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
To the orignal poster....this explains in more detail why the USA invades countries, and how Congress got gamed.......fyi.....TM7
Are Americans Catching On, Waking Up, Unplugging?
  • The Alex Jones ChannelAlex Jones Show podcastPrison Planet TVInfowars.com TwitterAlex Jones' FacebookInfowars store
Paul Craig Roberts
Prisonplanet.comMay 19, 2012
In response to the question in the title I can report that most of my readers are. Almost everyone got the point of the last column. They see the absurdity of the government’s claim that the identity of the tough, macho Navy Seals, who allegedly murdered Osama bin Laden, has to be kept secret in order to protect our fierce warriors from reprisals from Muslim terrorists, while those government officials responsible for the torture and deaths of large numbers of Muslims can walk around, identity known, unprotected and safe.
A few members of Congress are also awake, but not very many. Indeed, we are losing two of the most aware – Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. Kucinich was redistricted in order to get rid of his independent voice. He carried 75% of the votes from that part of his old district that was included in his new one, but the new voters lacked the intelligence to vote for him. Ron Paul, in our time of tribulation, tried for the Republican presidential nomination on a platform of saving the US Constitution, but those who voted in Republican primaries weren’t interested in saving the US Constitution.
Now we are down to US Rep. Walter Jones.
Initially, Jones was a member of the warmonger crowd. He was angered when the French government cast doubt on the George W. Bush regime’s reasons for the need for war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Jones said at that time that he was renaming French Fries “Freedom Fries.”Jones unplugged from the Matrix and has been sentient for some time. Recently the tyrant Obama and the government operative Panetta, a political whore who has been in a variety of government positions and is currently Secretary of Warmongering, announced publicly that, the US Constitution notwithstanding, the executive branch no longer needed the authority of Congress to go to war. In our globalist existence, the authority for the US to initiate hostilities against another country comes from the UN, declared Obama and Panetta. If the executive branch can persuade or bribe the UN to give a war OK, Congress is no longer relevant.
This was too much for the awakened US Rep. Walter Jones. He has introduced House Congressional Resolution 107, which clearly states that the president’s use of US military in an act of aggression without the consent of Congress is an impeachable offense.
There is absolutely no question whatsoever that Rep. Jones is correct. However, you can bet that the Obama regime already has a John Yoo-type hireling busy at work in the Department of Justice (sic) writing a legal memo that the US Constitution gives no authority to Congress to declare war.
  • A d v e r t i s e m e n t
A person would think that members of Congress would flock to Rep. Jones’ resolution.
After all, it is Congress’ own power that is on the line. Normally, organizations defend their own power. Strangely, the US Congress has not defended its power since Roosevelt’s “New Deal” in the 1930s. Because of the crisis of the Great Depression, Congress gave up its law-making powers to the executive agencies created by Roosevelt to run the country.
Congress pretends to still be in control by having “oversight” over the ruling executive cabinet departments and agencies. Cabinet secretaries, assistant sectaries, and CIA directors have to go testify and be questioned before congressional committees and all that, like the Federal Reserve chairman who has unaccountable power over interest rates and inflation, but the laws are made by the executive branch.
Ever since the 1930s, when Congress passes a law it is merely an authorization for some executive branch agency to define the law by writing the regulations. As the executive agency also enforces the regulations, we have the beginnings of tyranny as the same agency both makes the law and enforces it. (See, for example, Paul Craig Roberts and Lawrence M. Stratton, The Tyranny of Good Intentions, Ch. 11, “Abdicating Legislative Power.”)
The roots of tyranny in america go back to the 1930s and even further back to President Lincoln. The decline of Congress, which was created by the Founding Fathers to be a powerful political institution, has been a long term process. However, in recent years the decline of Congress’ power and relevance has accelerated. The Democrats are as responsible for this as Republicans. If US law had been enforced, and Democrats could have enforced the law, George W. Bush and essentially the entirety of his appointees would be in federal prison.
But the Democrats sacrificed the people’s power over government in order that the executive branch could protect us from a terrorism for which no evidence exists. No terrorist events have occurred since September 11, 2001, except for FBI orchestrated plots that “never endangered the public.” As for the government’s 9/11 story, thousands of experts have their doubts.
So, the US Constitution has simply been discarded on the basis of fear. First, the fear of the Great Depression, and secondly, the fear of Muslim Terrorism.
The United States of America is the Constitution. If the Constitution no longer exists as an enforceable document taken seriously by political elites, the United States no longer exists. Some other entity has taken its place.
Think about that. Describe to yourself the characteristics of this new entity. This will be easier for older people than for the young, who have been born into the new tyranny.
For the young, tyranny is all they know. For the young, tyranny is normal.
How old does a person have to be to remember when you boarded an airliner without any security? In previous columns I have pointed out the tiny, essentially insignificant infractions, that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon in order to avoid impeachment. Compared to Bush or Obama, Nixon was flawless in his observation of US law and the US Constitution. No one of my generation can possibly imagine Nixon saying that the UN could replace Congress’ authority to initiate war, or that he could strip US citizens of their liberty and lives on suspicion alone without evidence or due process of law, simply on the basis of executive decree. All Nixon did was to lie about when he learned of a burglary of which he had no prior knowledge and no involvement.The loss of our liberty is where we are today. Rep. Jones wants to retrieve Congress’ war-making power. He says that those americans who wish to support this goal should inform their Senators and Representative and local newspaper of this fact. He provides the telephone number of the congressional switchboard which can connect you to the three offices that, allegedly, represent you. The number is 202 224-3121.As you know, I keep trying, and so must we all. If we don’t keep trying, it means we accept our loss of our liberty and accountable government. If we give in now, what was the point of resisting the Soviet threat, other than profits and power for the military/security complex?
The US government and its media whores, presstitutes as Gerald Celente calls them, show increasing contempt for the intelligence, or lack thereof, of the american public. Even americans spaced out on alcohol, drugs, junk food, television and sports events remember the name Osama bin Laden. This person, formerly an operative of the US government against the Soviet Union, was, we were told, the embodiment of total evil. He was responsible for 9/11.
President George W. Bush declared that Afghanistan’s refusal (apparently another Bush regime lie) to deliver Osama, the alleged (no proof) perpetrator of 9/11, to US authorities was the justification for attacking Afghanistan, a country at that time, as now, with two separate governments at war with one another. Shortly thereafter, Osama became, magically, the reason to invade Iraq, an old US ally who had attacked the government of the Iranian Revolution at Washington’s behest.
Suddenly america’s Iraqi ally had nonexistent “weapons of mass destruction” that threatened american cities, in the words of Bush’s moronic National Security Advisor, with “mushroom clouds.”
How did all this absurdity occur? Yes, what Gerald Celente aptly designates as “the presstitute media” played a role. However, the whores were serving their customers, which are the government and private interests that benefit from war. The American public could have rejected the spin, but they put yellow ribbon decals on their SUVs and supported the troops.
If americans were puzzled when the US government abandoned its position that Osama bin Laden was responsible for 9/11 and announced a new “mastermind,” Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the presstitutes didn’t mention it. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was designated the “mastermind of 9/11” because the US government had in custody this hapless individual, perhaps sold to them by warlords for the bounty paid for “terrorists.” There’s no good in having a mastermind of 9/11 whom you cannot catch. So Khalid Sheikh Mohammed became the Mastermind of 9/11.
Once designated the Mastermind, the CIA torturers went to work on him, illegally, of course, but who cares, here was the Mastermind of 9/11.
After Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was water-boarded 183 times with the only evidence against him being coerced self-incrimination, both the former chief US prosecutor at Guantanamo, Colonel Morris Davis, and Admiral Donald Guter, Judge Advocate General of the US Navy, dismissed the Guantanamo military tribunal trials as show trials or “circuses.”
Indeed, the american trials of alleged “terrorists” are even less lawful than Stalin’s show trials of the Bolsheviks, who created the Russian Revolution in 1917, and Hitler’s trials of the German military who attempted to assassinate him in order to save Germany from destruction.
When america’s own chief military prosecutors denounce trials of alleged “terrorists,” the media and the public should take notice. But not in america where the government believes its own lies as fervently as the brainwashed public believes the presstitute media.
Astonishingly, before a show trial could dispatch Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as the Mastermind of 9/11, the US government has produced a new culprit. It was not Osama bin Laden nor Sheikh Mohammed, but Iran that is responsible for 9/11. In a US federal court judgment issued in December 2011, Iran was found guilty of the 9/11 attacks (ref).
So who is responsible for 9/11? If not bin Laden, why did the Navy Seals allegedly murder him? If not Sheikh Mohammed, why is he being put on trial after being tortured for years?
The answer is that the criminals in Washington, who control our lives, no longer care about any of their previous propaganda. They now want to attack another country on totally false pretenses, as does the extreme right-wing Israeli government, the cancer of the Middle East.
Some of the Israeli military brass and much of the Israeli security/intelligence brass oppose an attack on Iran as an act of insanity. Yet, little, if any of the Israeli opposition to war has been reported in the US presstitute media. In order to negate internal opposition, the Israeli prime minister has formed a unity government with the main opposition party, as AIPAC stampedes the US Congress into voting for war with Iran (ref).
If the unaware american population can be programmed to believe that Iran is the 9/11 culprit, then Washington can initiate yet another war that enriches the military/security complex with money and power.
Will bin Laden’s family now sue Washington for blaming Osama for an offense which Washington now acknowledges he was not guilty? Will Sheikh Mohammed be found guiltless, because a US federal court now says it was Iran that was responsible for 9/11?
These would be the results if america had a justice system that was independent of the needs of the political elites and the private interests that they serve. But today in america the ruling interests produce by hook or crook justifications for war that serve the power and profit of the military/security complex. Whatever the mainstream media tells you serves this interest.
This article first appeared at Paul Craig Roberts’ new website Institute For Political Economy. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His Internet columns have attracted a worldwide following.

Offline magooch

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 04:09:30 AM »
What we really need to do is follow the "Golden Rule"--do unto others, before they do unto you.
Swingem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37:17 AM »
Finisher,,,unfortunately the opposite of 'critical analysis' is taught in public schools today. Fear, paranoia, and tyranny are taught in schools,,,as Dr. Roberts pointed out in article above. What passes for 'conservatism' is little more than war party antics and dialectics, austerity, wealth transfer, and return to fuedalism; or even rolling back time to before Christ. All we can do is keep a candle lit and talk about issues and weather the attacks by the self-possessed War Party.  The beat goes on...and probably gets worse before it gets better.
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IG...all this war party talk of yours....you're sounding like a 'terrorist'... :o
..TM7

Sorry if it offends your surrender party sensitivities... especially since it doesn't allow for special consideration for your muslim pals...you'll have to look to Obammy for that..

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »
BTW finisher,,,see link below if you're interested in some of the neocon's mechanics and who's who on how they pulled of this Iracqui caper. They used about 20 PR companies to line up the ducks and with big budgets...these guys and companies are still lurking around Washington DC and inhabiting Congressional offices..::::::::::
http://www.prwatch.org/books/tsigfy10.html
...TM7
There is nothing like following a money trail to solve any crime.

Sounds like "The Ministry of Truth" right out of a George Orwell novel. I'm always very facinated with the psychology of it all. It is frightening just how easilly swayed and influenced the masses really are without even being aware of it.

It really is alot of information interconnected in a twisted web of deceit. Quite alot for the average "Joe" to process; maybe too much.

It is normal for the human psyche, like electricity, to take the path of least resistance or lean to the simplest and most comprehensive explanations.

People like feeling secure in a predictable, uncomplicated  existence.

I can't blame them really ,when one considers the overwhelming feeling of helplessness and dispair (defined in the dictionary as "horror") that may be brought upon an individual who has opened their eyes.

This is why so many blindly cling to their belief systems and social infrastuctures and disguise this devotion of FEAR with themes like faith and patriotism.

They are even willing to kill and promote hatred, mistrust, and many other behaviors that are in direct contradiction to the beliefs under which they stucture their fragile psychological worlds in order to protect themselves from the painfull reality which is that we are all, in the eyes of those in power, merely walking, breathing commodities; vessels of commerce.

Who wants to accept that?

If there was a sudden unrefuted disclosure of the truth suddenly revealed to the American people, I predict that it would throw the vast majority into a psychological tail spin of depression and dispair.

Like I said before "...the horror, ...the horror"

Thanks TM7.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds." B. Marley

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
Finisher,,,unfortunately the opposite of 'critical analysis' is taught in public schools today. Fear, paranoia, and tyranny are taught in schools,,,as Dr. Roberts pointed out in article above. What passes for 'conservatism' is little more than war party antics and dialectics, austerity, wealth transfer, and return to fuedalism; or even rolling back time to before Christ. All we can do is keep a candle lit and talk about issues and weather the attacks by the self-possessed War Party.  The beat goes on...and probably gets worse before it gets better.

IG...all this war party talk of yours....you're sounding like a 'terrorist'... :o
..TM7
I do see it.
(in spite of the fact that I "voluntarilly disenrolled" as a sophmore), I was extremely fortunate to have had a handfull of exceptional teachers in high school that suggested more stimulating books and topics to me as an alternative to the mind numbing BS that the official cirriculum had to offer.

They did so at risk to their jobs because they cared and they saw that my eyes were open and I wasn't buying the "program". Outside of the class and with my mothers approval, I was introduced to Japanese and European feudalism, the DOCUMENTED history of the Catholic church, the Papacy, the crusades and the ECOMONICS (in otherwords the money trail) of it all.

I read about the psychology and infrastructure of a cult...quite a fine line that separates any organized religion or church.

...Tolstoy, Orwell, mythology and even theology, philosophy, logic...  and so much more, all before I turned seventeen.

Unfortunately, I was still too immature to completely grasp the gifts of uncommon and hidden knowledge and history of which these people had made  me aware. It was all taken for granted when I discovered I was not not too shabby with the ladies.

Yup, it all went out the window. Testosterone and alcohol took over and in a couple years I got it into my head that as a career, I wanted nothing else but to kick in doors and kill terrorists. Joined the Navy soon after that.

Don't get me wrong, I loved and still do love MY NAVY. It showed me the world, taught me life skills, and made me into an individual with whom not to trifle and I will be forever gratefull for that. But as with all things in this world that want to adapt and survive, it also changed me.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on ones point of view my teachers had placed a fail safe within my mind that allowed me to "critically analize" (as you put it).

After my experience in the military, the world became a much smaller place to me and I never looked at ANYTHING the same way again.

I got out  and was still dumb enough to go back AFTER 911 because I thought I could do something positive. That decision changed me forever .

Never again. NEVER AGAIN untill I see those suit wearing, money & power hungry DEMONS holding a rifle and fighting right beside me on THIS soil.

The only freedom you truly have is in your mind and spirit and apparently even that can be controlled from what I see of the TV watching American public.

Free your minds people. Especially you that have at least enough sense to remain armed. READ anything and everything you can get your hands on about all subjects from history to theology to ecomonics to anthropology to psychology, linguistics (learn to speak as many languages as you can).

LEARN, LEARN, LEARN!! NEVER STOP! Becuase if there is a here after, what you've LEARNED is going to be the only thing you'll take with you and may be the only leverage you may have to save you for the way you've chosen to live. And war ain't the way.

The worlds going to change whether you like it or not, and bitching about it and expecting some suit wearing a** hole from any "party" to miraculously make it all just like the "good ol' days" again isn't gonna work!

We Americans as a people are too far into the storm now to hope it's going to get better, and letting our government piss off other foreign nations isn't going to make the storm go away.

The storm is right up on us. Most may not see it as they're expecting the obvious thunder and lightning, but out at sea, in a storm, every ship is on it's own.

Have no fear, it does no one any good. The sea will take whomever it will. Just be gracious for what you have, and enjoy the quiet calm while you still can.

Thank you. I'll get off my horse now.

Fair seas and peace to you all.

Finisher.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
  TM says;
  "
  Quote from: TM7 on Yesterday at 08:46:09 AM
" Finisher,,,unfortunately the opposite of 'critical analysis' is taught in public schools today. Fear, paranoia, and tyranny are taught in schools,,,as Dr. Roberts pointed out in article above. What passes for 'conservatism' is little more than war party antics and dialectics, austerity, wealth transfer, and return to fuedalism; or even rolling back time to before Christ. All we can do is keep a candle lit and talk about issues and weather the attacks by the self-possessed War Party.  The beat goes on...and probably gets worse before it gets better."

Finisher;
      Just to set a couple things straight...  What is taught in public schools today has no bearing or relationship to what I was taught in public school (I graduated high school in the mid 1950s).  It is therefore more likely TM was fouled by the public school than I was.  Indeed, I am continually exposing the fallacies being taught in schools, by lock-step, union teachers. I have one grandchild yet in high school and she is not involved in the public school, forced socialism agenda.  Her education is being accomplished via the Christian school route.
     If you look at the Gov Walker recall discussion, I am among those who would like to see freedom of choice for  teachers rather than forced servitude to a union.  On the contrary, i prefer the eradication of the socialist agenda which is crippling our youth, and stifles truly gifted teachers.
      If you look carefully at the Gov Walker thread..I am for freedom of choice while TM is more inclined to repress dissent and maintain "status quo", repressing truly inventive, dedicated teachers.
  Look carefully and you will see in TM's diatribe above, a regurgitation of verbage compiled from various and sundry "conspiracy" blogs..indulge if you wish.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2012, 02:48:44 AM »
Who is taking away any ones right to belong to a union?
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 03:48:34 AM »
Time to lock this one down, as it's been hijacked by a couple of folks who like to debate the intelligence of each other, and (Who cares about the subject matter)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.