Author Topic: My AR puzzles me  (Read 1519 times)

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
Re: My AR puzzles me
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 03:48:22 AM »
 I'll report back after it gets tightened and I fire again. Thanks to all for the input.

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »
Well me and my AR are back to shooting good.My smith said it looks like from the factory they couldn't get the nut tight enough for the gas tube to fall into the next notch in the nut so they backed it up one and now that the rifle is broke in it gave a bit of movement. He ended up taking off one of the teeth and the barrel is torqued tight (65lbs)and falls right in the center between 2 of the factory notches. It is now shooting groups instead of patterns. Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
Great news! There's nothing more frustrating than having an accurate rifle suddenly shooting all over the place for no obvious reason. It's something for the rest of us to learn from. Thanks for sharing!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »
while you got in the shop get a free float fore end and try some wolf ammo silver bear and brown bare not that good.i have built several ar's one with 20 inch bull barrel will shoot through same hole easy at 100 yard no fancy trigger. tried a different trigger on other like yours only closed group 1/4 inch timney trigger not worth the trouble.one has a sweet spot for 62 grn bullets but it's 1-9 twist. ;D