Author Topic: Went Browsing and not surprised  (Read 678 times)

Offline 1911crazy

• Trade Count: (0)
Went Browsing and not surprised
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:50:40 AM »
Not much in used 1911's or wheel guns.  But i seen two cases full of the plastic auto's for some reason....??  Used rifles are cleaned out....
The new S&W n frame revolvers went up from the last visit.  But most of the handguns in general look to be rather more expensive now.  Even the used handguns are priced between 60% to 75% of the price of a new one.  I guess the used case will be filling up soon.  How are the used prices in your area??  I just visited one gun shop locally.

Offline SHOOTALL

Re: Went Browsing and not surprised
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
In a word going up. The market is a sellers market and will remain so until the election. Then depending on the out come could continue as is for 4 more years. The gun market if nothing else reacts to political whim and "what ifs". Here the used gun racks for handguns and AR?AK type guns are bare and have been for some time. Ammo is comming back just a little. One thing is for sure if the president can ever slow gun sales in the future as much as he incressed them thus far it won't be good for shooters...............
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
I did not think about the pres and the election.  Since the used handguns are mainly auto's and in the bad times they might not be all trade ins.  I need to spread out my search more.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
Never could find what I thought was a good deal on a used hand gun at a gun shop. The used gun deals are even worse at  places like Cabalas, and Gander Mt. The best place I found for used gun deals are gun shows during the last hours of the show. Most of the time if there is something I want. I spend a little more and buy it new.

Talking to the owner of the gun shop I frequent. He said that he can't keep small autos and revolvers in his shop. People are buying them up as fast as he gets them. He said mostly people are wanting the small pocket sized autos and revolvers.
I agree the AR type rifles are a hot item now. There seams to be hundreds of companies selling parts and extras for them. What really opened my eyes to this was at the NRA show. I didn't know there was so many companies that now make AR style rifles.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn