Author Topic: CZ Pistol  (Read 598 times)

Offline theoldman

• Trade Count: (0)
CZ Pistol
« on: February 01, 2004, 04:18:25 AM »
Just came across a CZ 52 pistol, 7.62X25. Have taken it apart and it looks new for tne most part. The outside shows a little wear on the front and rear sights, blueing gone. Any one had any experience with this pistol. How good do they shoot and function? Is ammo hard to fine for it?

Thanks in advance
Thank God I live in the good old US of A. !!!

Offline Robert

One of the best made firearms, dependable
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 05:38:40 AM »
Do not dry fire it or use the decocker if it seems to have the original firing pin.  That is about the ONLY bad thing I could say abouty it.  But if you break the pin, it is easily replaced with an upgrade that will not break.  These little pistols are awesome.  I load mine with 90 gr.308 XTP's and just recently started loading 85 gr soft-points.  Accurate powder lists these up to 1913 fps.  I am keeping them to about 1700, I think that is plenty.  You are gonna LOVE that pistol.
....make it count

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
CZ Pistol
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 04:58:58 AM »
They're good pistols.  I'm inclined to second Robert's recommendations.  Don't dry fire and don't use the decocker if the firing pin is original, especially if the pistol is loaded.  Some have been known to fire when decocked (mine does).  You might hit the C&R Handguns forum that GB was nice enough to give us.  Plenty of info and folks in the know on CZ-52s over there.