Author Topic: Best single idea in the present election cycle  (Read 382 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Best single idea in the present election cycle
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
   Of all the ideas that have been fostered during this election cycle so far..this tops the list..very best suggestion by far..
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/23/romney-backs-vouchers-expanded-school-choice/

Romney wants to put the power of their education choice in the hands of the parents and students.  By simple elimination, this would take it out of the hands of the unions and teachers...   Mitt wants a voucher system..we all pay taxes, we should get some CHOICES as to education for our kids.  Each student would get a voucher for his/her school year to spend in whatever school they wish.
  Competition is the name of the game... whether cars, trucks, socket wrenches, bolt rifles, or education...competition makes everything better.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline georgeinohio

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Best single idea in the present election cycle
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
 i think thats a fine idea .

here in ohio our schools are funded threw property taxes also ...    if that was to happen i  can see schools trying to raise millage on us every 6 months versus the once a year they try now .

i am sooo  sick of our schools always crying about money ..  if they would show some responsability they wouldnt have all the money problems .
the school my daughter used to go to before i had enough of the  hitler youth type of brainwashing has a nearly 1 to 1 ratio of administrators to teacher ratio.

if thats not bad enough when they do get money its wasted on administration ,..

case in point 2 years ago someone died and left 3.2 million to the school  to be used as collage grant money for low income students .
first thing the school did was to hire a full time administrator  @ $64,000  salery to be funded out of that money  ..  to date  $157,000  has been spent on administration   and a measly $24,000  has been actualy used as intended

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
i think thats a fine idea .

here in ohio our schools are funded threw property taxes also ...    if that was to happen i  can see schools trying to raise millage on us every 6 months versus the once a year they try now .

i am sooo  sick of our schools always crying about money ..  if they would show some responsability they wouldnt have all the money problems .
the school my daughter used to go to before i had enough of the  hitler youth type of brainwashing has a nearly 1 to 1 ratio of administrators to teacher ratio.

if thats not bad enough when they do get money its wasted on administration ,..

case in point 2 years ago someone died and left 3.2 million to the school  to be used as collage grant money for low income students .
first thing the school did was to hire a full time administrator  @ $64,000  salery to be funded out of that money  ..  to date  $157,000  has been spent on administration   and a measly $24,000  has been actualy used as intended

Yep !  Par for the course...  This kind of waste would necessarily cease if schools truly competed for the funds.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
   Of all the ideas that have been fostered during this election cycle so far..this tops the list..very best suggestion by far..
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/23/romney-backs-vouchers-expanded-school-choice/

Romney wants to put the power of their education choice in the hands of the parents and students.  By simple elimination, this would take it out of the hands of the unions and teachers...   Mitt wants a voucher system..we all pay taxes, we should get some CHOICES as to education for our kids.  Each student would get a voucher for his/her school year to spend in whatever school they wish.
  Competition is the name of the game... whether cars, trucks, socket wrenches, bolt rifles, or education...competition makes everything better.

LOL! I'm sure he would work his tail off once elected to get that off the ground!
I'm more in favor of the plan by the real believer in the Constitution............Abolish the Department Of Education, and get the federal government out of education (PERIOD), and back to the states and local communities.Let the parents of children in school decide whether they want a Union or teachers to dictate how their schools are ran.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

LOL! I'm sure he would work his tail off once elected to get that off the ground!
I'm more in favor of the plan by the real believer in the Constitution............Abolish the Department Of Education, and get the federal government out of education (PERIOD), and back to the states and local communities.Let the parents of children in school decide whether they want a Union or teachers to dictate how their schools are ran.

Sounds good, but extremely difficult to do...  Have vouchers for a while..then when people see the wisdom in that..they will better understand...
  All that clutter such as unions, dept of education and other sorry parasitic things siphoning off education funds will fall off by themselves..dry up and blow away.  The competition will kill them off.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »

Great idea, but extremely difficult to do in one, fell swoop.  If vouchers do indeed become a real factor, we won't have to worry about the various things like Dept of Education, unions, and expensive, crap schools which are sucking educational funds.
  All those parasites would dry up and fall off...they couldn't stand fair competition.  Let's hope if elected he really follows through, most politicians don't.. and I don't put complete reliance on ANY of them..