Author Topic: Reagan, Bush and Clinton appointees declare DOMA unconstitutional  (Read 1490 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Reagan, Bush and Clinton appointees declare DOMA unconstitutional
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
  Chick is often "out there" but as often is the case, there is also a fair element of truth in that particular publication.

Chick isn't just 'out there' - he encourages Christians to act in unChristian ways, and encourages sectarianism and is just an out-and-out embarrassed to those who take the words of Jesus seriously, and who aren't brainwashed fundamentalists.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »
  They are working hard to poison children's minds...even in comic books...the SICKOS !!!!
If you want to poison some young minds, give 'em a Chick Tract - it'll take 'em years to recover the ability to think:

Yeah, We know YT;  Chick comics does sometimes come on strong, but they do lead kids toward God, rather than into perverse lifestyles.  http://cnsnews.com/news/article/marvel-s-astonishing-x-men-pursues-gay-marriage-superhero-northstar
   Perhaps you could comment on the wholesomeness of Marvel comics and  how these comics may or may not warp young minds.
   How about DC comics ?
   http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dc-comics-relaunches-the-original-green-lantern-as-a-gay-superhero/

Excoriate Chick comics?   ..I would think that any MAN who claims Christian leanings would have " bigger fish to fry"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »
Excoriate Chick comics?   ..I would think that any MAN who claims Christian leanings would have " bigger fish to fry"..
who is excoriatin'? Chick teaches new believers to hate. They'll learn from him that the Roman church is the Whore of Babylon. Chick is so full of BS... and I'll say, to give him a pass because he's one of ours! is just shameful.

I bought into the Chick worldview as new believer. Took years to learn otherwise. He gets no pass from me.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 05:42:49 AM »
Thanks for posting that "comic". It brings back wonderful memories of senior year in high school, a terminally ill father and a christian jihadist that came to "befriend" dad. I was bombarded by these stupid comic books from that idiot. Since I went to a public school who's sports team was the "Red Devils" and who's mascot was a devil in a tuxedo this moron made the assumption that I must have been in some sort of satanic cult. He managed to ruin the relationship between me and my father at the end by constantly bombarding with brainwashing and propaganda and he did it with Chick's help. When he wasn't engaged in psychological warfare against me or telling my dad that I was a satanist he was threatening me with physical violence. The man is a "real and good" christian. If he needs my forgiveness to get into heavan I hope he has nomex underware but as twisted as this man is I am sure he carries on like he has never done anything wrong. As far as I am concerned both he and Chick can burn in hell.
Any time I see one of those comics in a bathroom I put it in the trash where it belongs.

Sorry for the off topic rant this crap happened over 20 years ago but everytime I see one of those idiots comics it angers the crap out of me.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ultramag44

• Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »

Neither side will budge! 

Even before the on-going  case is settled, BOTH sides are already preparing for 2 senerios:  What they will do if they win, what they will  do if they loose.
Neither side is going to say: "Well they beat us fair & square in Federal District Court.  Guess we loose, yep, it's over!" 

It's not over untill the Supreme Court rules. 

If it's against gay marriage, does that invalidate those already joined in thier respective states?  Will government force them to seperate and live apart?  Child custody?  What about the military?  Will someone be able to file a 'homophobe law suit' if you politely turn down the offer of a gay date?
If it's for gay marriage, what about the states that have specifically declared marrige is between 1 man and 1 woman?
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline magooch

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
There was and is no reason to fix "marriage"; it wasn't broken.  You don't need to reinvent the wheel, just because some deviates want to put their perversion on it and screw it up for normal folks.
Swingem

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
Yep, in the last days man will call evil good, and good evil.  Like I said, pologomy is next.  You know Ireland has one of the lowest divorce rates in the western world.  If someone want's a divorce, they have to go through a year of counciling before it is granted.  After doing so most will stay married.  I think they have to go through a counciling session before marriage also.  Of course it is a mostly Catholic nation.  However, they do hold marriage in higher regard than Americans do today.  Like I said before, I don't have a problem with a "civil union".  Just keep the definition of marriage out of it.  Marriage is for one man and one woman, to raise a family. 

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 03:57:42 AM »
Thanks for posting that "comic". It brings back wonderful memories of senior year in high school, a terminally ill father and a christian jihadist that came to "befriend" dad. I was bombarded by these stupid comic books from that idiot... He managed to ruin the relationship between me and my father at the end by constantly bombarding with brainwashing and propaganda and he did it with Chick's help. When he wasn't engaged in psychological warfare against me or telling my dad that I was a satanist he was threatening me with physical violence....
Sorry for the off topic rant this crap happened over 20 years ago but everytime I see one of those idiots comics it angers the crap out of me.

I am sorry that happened to you. Your post solidly confirms the point I was making. I will say to my shame that I handed out a bunch of them, not knowing better, as a new believer 30 years ago. I'm sorry for the crap that guy put you through. That's not the gospel of Jesus. Neither is legislating pet sectarian preferences or bashing gays, but we'll leave that aside for now.

You know Ireland has one of the lowest divorce rates in the western world.  If someone want's a divorce, they have to go through a year of counciling before it is granted.  After doing so most will stay married.  I think they have to go through a counciling session before marriage also.  Of course it is a mostly Catholic nation.
I've found myself getting closer and closer to Rome...

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:39 AM »
The Irish laws about marriage and divorce are secular, because they do have some protestants there.  I think a compromise by allowing a "civil union" to the gays and even to straights "living together" but not having children.  I think when they decide to have children, then marriage should be a must to allow for proper normal raising of children.  Children raised by both natural parents are far less likely to get into teen trouble, and to end up being normal productive adults.   

I am a protestant, but I think the Eastern Orthodox church in "closer" to the Bible than the Catholic church.  They allow their priests to marry, and they baptise by immersion.  Catholics baptised by immersion until the 1100's when one of the Pope's said you didn't have to be.  The word baptise comes from the Greek word baptizo, which means "to immerse". 

I also think a lot of the divorce laws were liberalised after the hippy movement of the 60's.  If children are involved, it should be taken far more seriously.  Also, adultry can be forgiven, it would be hard, but if the guilty party shows genuine remorse, it can be dealt with.  Money problems shouldn't even be an issue.  If that is a problem, maybe going to a financial counselor would be in order to hold the family together.  I have seen some people loose jobs, and almost everything, but still stay together and work it out.  You know, you can get by without electricity and all modern conveniences.  They did it for all of history until the 20th century.  Self sufficiency is almost a lost art in America.  It should be a goal, not dependence on the "grid". 

Back to gay marriage, like someone said, being gay is ALL about sex.  Marriage to the right woman or man normally is far beyond just sex.  It is about companionship and balance.  Seeing a situation from a womans and a mans perspective balances out the marriage.  With a strong normal family life, you have children, you also have parents.  I see the wisdom of asking parents advise as a young person.  They are full of life's experiences to draw this wisdom from.  Parents take care of and raise their children to be responsible and productive adults.  Children take care of elderly parents.  This helps cut costs for nursing homes, assisted living, and day care when you have children.  Extended families taking care of each other keeps the burden off society and out of our pockets with excessive taxes.  Getting back to normal is what should be strived for.  It has worked for centuries.

My wife had a gay uncle that lived with a guy until he died.  Her uncle was the far greatest provider.  He was a writer for a large city newspaper.  Anyway, this other guy didn't provide that much in the way of finances.  Neither had children.  Her uncle died and left everything to this other guy in a will.  The other guy blew it all on wild living and now he is in a nursing home at taxpayer expense.  This really ticks my wife off, because her and several of her cousins helped take care of her uncle occationally before he died and didn't get anything.  If he had a family, his "wife" and children, would have helped take care of him, and be rewarded from his assets he left.  Weird suff, not normal. 

I for one do not want anything legalised, that would raise my taxes, or use them in any way I would not approve off.

For instance, government funded abortions, government funded stem cell research, cloning, unnecessary wars, welfare for the able bodied, money and benefits for illegal aliens, the UN, foreign aid except for disaster relief, no selling of advanced weaponry to anyone.  No trade with any nation that has fundimental conflicts of idealogy and morality with the US, especially if it benefits them but not us evenly.