Author Topic: A big move toward freedom..  (Read 245 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
A big move toward freedom..
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
  personal freedom is making great strides in Wisconsin...
  Since being given a choice in March 2011, the membership of AFSCME (a bullying union) has dropped, from 62,818 in March 2011, to 28,745 in February 2012.  Not bad for less than 1 year !  Here's a great explanation of the union's entanglement with political hacks..
     http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/31/WI-Public-Unions-Lose-Members-Recall
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A big move toward freedom..
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:15:00 AM »
What most union members do not realize and probably are not informed of is that they can request a refund on that portion of their dues that are spent on political donations.  I always did and received my refund usually accompanied by a surly attitude from the treasurer.  It always made my day. 

Although at least 40 percent of union members would never vote for a stinking dumycrat, very few ever request the refund, because it is more trouble than it is worth.  A fair law would be one that would deny the use of union dues for any political purpose, but that would require any funds used for that purpose to be a voluntary donation, totally separate from dues.  The same rule should apply to other organizations that collect dues and are not specifically political in nature.

Some will say that then those same restrictions should be applied to businesses--in particular, corporations.  There is an enormous difference, but yeah, if it would stop the abuse of union members dues and other organizations from donating to politics, go ahead and make all donations personal.  This of course would have to be run through the Supreme Court process, which would mean it would be subject to change, depending on the flavor of the court.
Swingem

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: A big move toward freedom..
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
   Magooch;
       You're right!   Rather than automatic deductions..the political campaign money should be voluntarily donated in cash mand not tax deductable any more than if we personally give to a political cause .
  I believe the same way concerning income tax.  federal taxes should not be collected via "payroll deduction"..   If each person on April 15, had to cough up 15%-20% of their year's wages...they would be much more concerned with just how and where it is spenty.
   If you just wrote a check for $15,000 and you see a story about how Solyndra failed..or the govt took our money and bought  half of General Motors....only to hand it right over to the United Auto Workers Union..How would you feel about that ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)