Author Topic: NEW website, new products, NEW CANNONS...LOOK!  (Read 1530 times)

Offline UrbanRifleSupply

• Trade Count: (0)
NEW website, new products, NEW CANNONS...LOOK!
« on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
We are now live with our new website. Please check us out and all of our new products and new Cannons. Stay tuned as the website will continue to be updated daily. Thank you.

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: NEW website, new products, NEW CANNONS...LOOK!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 04:19:04 AM »
I may be slow, but I didn't find a link to click on to find your website....I'll do a Google search....
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »
Unless they are a sponsor, the link may have been deleted by a moderator.  I think I would were I one...

GOW

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
O.k. I did a little checking and and in other posts they say they are a sponser..... but I can find nothing on the site to confirm it...... perhaps a mod can confirm?

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
I found his website: http://www.urbanriflesupply.com/

He makes signal cannons and firecracker cannons and other things that aren't
cannons.
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 10:37:32 AM »
It says right under his user name that he is a sponsor.  That can only be entered via GBO Admin.

Offline flagman1776

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
Delete

Offline dynomike1x1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
1200.00 for a 16" cannon? Can't afford those prices.
There are very few probablms that can't be solved with explosives.
2/115FA

Offline Doc Brown.

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
I think his barrels come with a carriage. This one seems like a pretty good deal to me.

http://www.urbanriflesupply.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126:22-barrel-signal-cannon&catid=88:cannon&Itemid=542

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
The market will have its say regarding his prices.  If he really wants to sell those cannon, he will set their prices so he sells the number he wants to sell.

GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 03:41:23 AM »
On the item linked in post no. 38, the barrel is described but not a word about the carriage.  How do I know it will hold up to firing?  Type of wood, how capsquares attached, etc. are important.  Spokes look like enlarged toothpicks, no contour on them, pretty thin.  As a minimum I'd want many more pix and much more description on that carriage.

Offline onegreatshot

• keep their heads down til help arrives
  • Avid Poster
  • Proud owner of 3 brooks USA cannons, look'g 4 more
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »
Boy, I could buy a 1" brooks cannon with a naval carriage with wheels for half the price of just that barrel alone. As DD statedice will dictate sales.

Offline onegreatshot

• keep their heads down til help arrives
  • Avid Poster
  • Proud owner of 3 brooks USA cannons, look'g 4 more
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 07:06:21 AM »
Sorry should of been GGaskill not DD sorry about that

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »
cannonmn:

On the item linked in post no. 38, the barrel is described but not a word about the carriage.  How do I know it will hold up to firing?  Type of wood, how capsquares attached, etc. are important.  Spokes look like enlarged toothpicks, no contour on them, pretty thin.  As a minimum I'd want many more pix and much more description on that carriage. 

AOP's book (#12) describes how to build a carriage THAT WILL HOLD UP TO REPETITIVE LIVE FIRING.  I think the pics look like something else and I echo cannonmn's comment/concerns.  If I bought the offering linked above (da big un), I would plan on subsequently turning one of M&T's 1" rifled tubes to mount on it... well who knows what the result would be.  Urban afterall DOES advertise it as a "signal cannon" (mass propellled out the barrel for the purposes of force calculations is 1/2 the mass of the powder charge... good luck on determining its velocity.  It's not like you can Chrony it).

GOW/George

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 11:37:05 AM »
Guys is it me or has this thread gone critical on this sponser? it seems we should be encouraging our sponsers not picking things to death.... yes it would have been nice if they posted a bit more and we got to know them...... but if this was my outfit and I saw these posts I'd run for the hills......It's hard enough for people having a business these days.......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
As a sponsor, I'd be paying attention to my post and answering any and all concerns.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline Double D

• SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »
Some cheap shots here, just short of flame, and pretty darn petty.

Nice welcome to some one who comes here to sponsor our forum.  I wouldn't blame him if he called Graybeard and cancelled his sponsorship'

So you can't afford his cannon, so what others can.  If you don't like the way his product looks drop him an email and talk with him.

I think several of you guys need to offer an apology.

Offline keith44

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
As a sponsor, I'd be paying attention to my post and answering any and all concerns.
Zulu

As would I, but DD has a point:

Some cheap shots here, just short of flame, and pretty darn petty.

Nice welcome to some one who comes here to sponsor our forum.  I wouldn't blame him if he called Graybeard and cancelled his sponsorship'

So you can't afford his cannon, so what others can.  If you don't like the way his product looks drop him an email and talk with him.

I think several of you guys need to offer an apology.

I see very few posts listed for this sponsor, and us free loaders who just like to gab should be greatful to those who are in business and choose to support sites like this.

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
Where is this guy?
I, for one, am interested in what he has to say.  I want to see his carriages and how they are made.
Where is he? :-\
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
Can't speak for the other folks, but if I sounded critical to some of you then you haven't ever really heard/read me being critical.  Expressing concern is, has been and always will be, part of my personal and professional make-up.  As a retired aerospace engineer I have to ask... would any of you really want to fly on an airplane where such concerns had not been raised and thoroughly addressed and answered??  I know the results of a carriage failure are not as critical as being up at 30,000+ feet but I HAVE destroyed more than one carriage of my own design and making.  I now follow the book as I have indicated.  And having built more than one, I can and do recognize variations to the #1 carriage's design when I see them.

I am sincerely interested in their largest gun as I see the carriage as having the potential of mounting more than just their tube.  Anyone who has built up a fully appointed field piece appreciates the amount of work that goes into the carriage.  When I get closer to that procurement decision, you can bet all you own I will pursue and get answers about their carriage or procurement from them will never happen.

And to Urban Rifle Supply...

Welcome to the board and to sponsorship.  I believe as long as you do not advertise something as being anything more than it truly is, you will find the board members a pretty good and fair bunch.  And yes I did read the part about these being "signal cannons" and I know that means live firing would required a moderate to thorough design review before approving it as serviceable for that live-firing duty..

GOW/George   

Offline UrbanRifleSupply

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Well.......it seems that I have at least created lots of chatter. Lets start by saying that yes indeed I am a paying sponsor of this great site. Also the reason that I am only now responding is that my website crashed soon after launch and it has been very trying getting it back up. Something about bandwidth or somesuch thing. Any way the site is now up and running. To address some concerns, the descriptions are a little lacking due to the fact that we had strict time constraints to get the site up and running, though I thought that any serious concerns would contact me via telephone.
As to the field carriage, it is made of maple, glued, screwd and painted, the wheels are dedicated , made only for this item, they are not like "toothpicks" as some sugested, they are dished as they should be. he wheels are steel lined and should work fne for the intended use. The cannon is not an exact scale of anything, just an interpretation.The tube is 22" long ,  It is solid turned steel and maintains the 3 to 1 mass in the breach. It is a one inch bore, the trunnions are pressed and fully welded. The furniture is brass. I sell it as a noise maker. It is a substantial piece.
The smaller gun is 16" long 3/4" bore, and maintains the same proportions. It will come fully outfitted on an Oak Naval carriage  for the asking price.
The price on either gun includes shipping in the lower 48 . The larger gun weighs aprox 52 lbs and will need a crate to ship. I am unsure exactly the finished weight of the 16" naval gun as the carriage is not yet complete. I will post pics of it as soon as its done.
I am aware that some may think the price is high, maybe you are right. They are very high quality steel guns, not cast, and took many hours of machine time. Like most people It is my goal to find that particular place on the price curve where supply and demand meet. These are expensive and somewhat difficult to obtain. I really dont mind owning the large one for now, but if someone wants it more than I do, then fine. They are both priced within the range that I have seen similar items of this quality sell for, however you may be right and they may be  too high,. If that is the case then in time, as need arises the price will come down.
And finally the firecracker cannon has undrgone a minor engeneering change in order to bring the price down. It now sells for $59 plus shipping, we have sold may of these with nary a complaint. Thanks for your interest. Rob

Offline UrbanRifleSupply

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »
I will try and post new, better pics of both guns on the website soon. Thanks.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »
UrbanRifleSupply...thank you for your post, it does answer several questions, and we do need and want more sponsorship. I looked over most of the rest of the items on your site, you have lots of great stuff! Thanks for joining us here on this Cannon Forum! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline keith44

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
Thanks for the post UrbanRifleSupply, and thanks for being a sponsor.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA