Author Topic: Civil War Re-Enactors in the Comics  (Read 481 times)

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Civil War Re-Enactors in the Comics
« on: June 21, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
We've got to get the unwashed general public more informed about our Hobby!  :o In the Comic strip "Grizzwells", appeared the following conversation, "There's a group of Civil War Re-Enactors over at the campsite!" "Cool! Are they lining up for a big battle?" "It looks like they're lining up for a big bottle..." "Very cool!" That sounds more like an installment of..."Want to see something really cool? Here, hold my bottle..." Had to pass it on...BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline KABAR2

Re: Civil War Re-Enactors in the Comics
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
http://www.gocomics.com/thegrizzwells/2012/06/14

Well from what I have seen at Revolutionary War re-enactments back in the 80's when I was in my 20's, after the public goes home  most people let their hair down and have a drink or two...... Yes there were some events away from the public where people partied hardy.... and once or twice I was among them...... When a bunch of fellows come along with homebrewed scotch wiskey in repro 18 C bottles with Orange ATF labels on them and offer to share....... well the party went on to about 2 am..... and had finished the scotch the keg of beer and the wine....... it had gone from singing proper 18th century songs to improper 18 century songs to the moose song don't ask.... finally degenerating to panzer songs..... don't ask......  I woke up feeling fine I saw two of our fellows from the night before having the look of death warmed over and holding on to their heads for fear of them falling off....... I stopped and gave a cheery greeting  they looked at me and one of them said  "Allen your a better man than I" that was probably the last time I actually got drunk..... I havent had a drink since 1996 don't really need it.....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Actually, to me, it sounds like the kind of intolerance that the left is always accusing their enemies of but that characterizes them most accurately.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 03:29:10 AM »
 :) My sentiments exactly...you are correct, Sir!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!