Author Topic: Help! Some identification help please...  (Read 522 times)

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Help! Some identification help please...
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
Folks, I am in need of some quick help identifying the two piece dovetail front, windage rear scope bases on my custom Sako L461 Vixen that would use any brand of like rings.   Would appreciate the manufacturer at least, also the model if known.

They sure enhance the sporter lines of the rifle well, far better than the period Sako factory rings for the rifle, IMO better than the aftermarket ringmounts I've seen (Leupold, Burris, Optik Lock, Tally, etc). 

Sorry for the crappy picture.   Thanks for any help/

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
Re: Help! Some identification help please...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
Look like Redfield's.

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
Molon labe

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »
Look like Redfield's.

Thank you sir, your nailed it exactly.   With your help I was able to confirm they are 1960's vintage, and were made by Redfield, Denver, CO to work with their JR rings, or any other similar brand in any height.

I have my fields of expertise but Sako is not one of them, and the only Redfield bases I have used were for TC Contenders... so thanks again.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus