Author Topic: Cast Bullet purchase  (Read 656 times)

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Cast Bullet purchase
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
Bit the bullet - kinda sorta - purchased 500 240gr swc lubed bullets from Rim Rock bullets.  Purchased on Tuesday this week on-line, received them Friday.  Bullets look good, measured a dozen and all are sized as stated.  Loaded up 30 and will let you know how the shoot...thats assuming I do my part... ;D

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Cast Bullet purchase
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »
Range report:  30 rounds with 13.1 grains of 2400 and federal primers shot thru a Taurus RB with 8.25 inch barrel at 20 yrd off a solid rest the RRB cast shoot a tight group, some clover leafs.  At 50 yrds off shooting sticks I confirmed that my old eyes ain't what they used to be.  I would love to blame my glasses or the Taurus or the bullets but I am shooting the same with jacketed bullets and with my 357 Dan Wesson these days.  Guess its practice practice practice.  30 yrs ago I could shoot a 10 inch group off hand with a Ruger SBH at 100 yrds.  Good thing my shooting range is in my back yard.  Again nice cast bullets from Rim Rock Bullets.  Really appreciated that they let me know when and how they shipped and provided tracking.