Author Topic: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?  (Read 6454 times)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »
They spurned Ross Perot also, when he warned of the giant "sucking sound" taking our industry out of our country.  That in turn created a problem with health care.  Most manufacturing industry paid decent wages, enough to stay off the government dole and had health care insurance.  We have gone from about 20% of workers in manufacturing in 1990 to about 10% now.  10% more jobs now would eliminate the unemployment problem, it would also help eliminate some health care problems. 

Offline BCarp

• Brian
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Retired and Loving It!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 09:36:38 AM »
Roberts   ruling   may   have   just   handed   the   Whitehouse   to  Romney.   Could   he   have   conceived  this   in  his   decision.  If  so   he   may   be   taking   criticism   he   dont   deserve.  Was   his   decision  a   covert   move ?

I think Roberts is being a genius here.  He declares that Obamacare is a tax, that Congress imposes taxes, and that it's up to the voters to decide the composition of Congress.  He's just handed the Republicans a huge advantage for November: running against the mostly-despised Obamacare which is another new tax! This could be 2010 all over again.  If the R's make huge gains (Whitehouse and the Senate), Obamacare will be repealed.  Today's ruling does not prevent repeal....
"Here's to ourselves, and hold your luff,
plenty of prizes and plenty of duff."

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:42:33 AM »

Every branch of our government is now corrupt and anti-Constitution. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves today...........

Same thing I was thinking.
Their foot is in the door, and its only going to get worse. When has government ever done anything right, made anything better, or fixed anything. The only thing this government is good at is increasing tax payers burdens, and removing our power and transferring it to the centralized state. Lets not forget that fact, and think that a little bit of government intervention in health care is good. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
We have a president who thinks he is a king. The "Supreme" Court;s ruling just reinforces his opinion that he is the supreme ruler of the land. Lets just disband the Court and Congress and give him his crown now and then we can all bow down before King Barack Hussein Obama!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline DDZ

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 10:57:30 AM »
I feel a dictatorship is on its way to this country. The way things are going it may happen if King Obama gets another four years. Seeing how some people think about government, I'm sure a dictatorship would be welcomed by many. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:04 AM »
There is one huge problem created by the ruling. It sets a legal precedent that can be used against us every time the government wants more money.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
Greatest threat to our Country since the Civil War.  It is up to the American public to appeal this destructive law package and literally save our Country from internal implosion.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
It's one of the best things this government has ever done for middle class white guys.  They can now get or keep health insurance if they--or a family member--gets treated for cancer, diabetis, heart disease, etc.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
according   to   the   news   its   not   a   paycheck   deduction.  the  I.R.S.   will   handle   the   process   at   years  end.  check   box    if   your   insured   or   uninsured  &   pay    accordingly.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
Personally I have always been in favor of an individual mandate. Nobody should get a free ride while my healthcare premiums continue to increase even though I play by the rules yet my rates are subject to increase because I have to pay for all the uninsured.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline sc1911cwp

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »
The Shy Is Falling The Sky Is Falling
Granddaddy told me Lincoln was a Republican and look what he did to the South.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »
      The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

• From bondage to spiritual faith;
  • From spiritual faith to great courage;
  • From courage to liberty;
  • From liberty to abundance;
  • From abundance to selfishness;
  • From selfishness to complacency;
  • From complacency to apathy;
  • From apathy to dependence;
  • From dependence back into bondage.
          (Alexander Tytler)  ..a psuedonym for Lord Woodhouselee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Today we slipped from #8 into #9 ... and some idiots rejoiced..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
It's one of the best things this government has ever done for middle class white guys.  They can now get or keep health insurance if they--or a family member--gets treated for cancer, diabetis, heart disease, etc.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the most part, the best thing the govt can do is stay the %$#@*&  out of our lives.  Unfortunately, we are all under the yoke now..because some seem to gleefully anticipate slavery..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »
RE-ELECT obumer 
and expect to see CHEIF JUSTISE HOLDER

i heard  not one republican voted for this

read my signature

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
RE-ELECT obumer 
and expect to see CHEIF JUSTISE HOLDER

read my signature

and mine, just to really clarify the matter.   

Us Florida boys know the right of things on this one.......

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
I hear the Obamazombies telling me how Obama care is so great for me and for the rest of the country. Well if it is so great I would like one of the Obamazombies to explain to me just why it is that the first thing Congress did was pass a law exempting themselves from it. Why are so many waivers being granted? If it is so great then why isnt EVERYONE on board?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline magooch

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »

Gee, most of that happened in my family and that was long before Obama was ever heard of.  And the government had nothing to do with any of it.  It was all personal choice--where I took it upon myself to make sure I could either pay my way, or be insured to cover it.
Swingem

Offline Raptor

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
Think of it as the same as by law we need to have auto insurance to drive your car on our streets, if we didn,t
have that law their would be ten times the amount of people driving without it , not good.
We don,t like being forced to buy it ,but its better to have it, and health insurance is more important to have it then
auto insurance because hospital stays costs alot more then bent metal....

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
  We have a federal govt which has furnished weapons to drug cartels (gotta get those drugs through).. an atty general who refuses to obey the law and laughs at congress. We apparently have cabinet members divulging things which Pvt Bradley Manning is sitting in Leavenworth for. 
        Now we have a law made by one party behind locked door..voted in by people who didn't even know what was in it...being made the law of the land by a judge (Sotomayor) who helped to write this now law.  Don't EVER think STUPID voters can't bring down a formerly free country !
   Now the average family will pay about $2500 yearly in direct medical taxes..plus countless $$$$ in new, hidden taxes written into this freedom crushing law...remember, those who voted for it.. DIDN"T READ IT!  Of course some families will not pay a single dime..while they buy food, booze and cigs on our hard-earned dime ..  If that isn't a recipe for social upheval..I don't know what is !!!
  Economic whiz Stu Varney (who has read it) says there are all kinds of previously hidden taxes  such as high taxes on new medical devices (to suppress new inventions & medicines), taxes on a byproduct of paper production which is used in biofuel etc, etc.
   These taxes will hit at the same time the Bush tax breaks expire, so we get a double-whammy...welcome to the brave, new (Marxist?) world..

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2012, 01:05:10 AM »

Ha! Now that is a laugh.  Show me one program that the government has run better than if privately run!  For God's sake NASA will likely take a back seat to private space exploration.... There will be waivers for the poor, the unemployed, the lazy, the under employed, single parents, elderly, and the certain select groups determined by the government. Plenty of free rides... It will be no different than now, except government will run it into the ground and you will be told where you can go for health care, what you can be treated for, what are considered elective procedures and unnecessary, if your worth treatment for cancer, heart disease, etc...  Take a number...  It will balloon us further into debt, weaken health care as we know it, weaken healthcare research, weaken an already fragile economy, push more jobs overseas, cause rationing of healthcare of which this Country has never known.  Show me one Country that has prospered and healthcare improved with government taking it over... There is NOTHING good that will come out of this if not stopped.  The one good thing is that it can be stopped and just like in Wisconsin, this WILL energize the conservative base like nothing this country has seen before.  I actually think ZerObama wishes it would have been shot down, at least then he would have had something to campaign on...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:06 AM »
It isn't just about making people buy insurance.  Download the bill like my wife did and read it.  There is enough hidden taxes to average about $2,500 extra dollars a year per family. 

All the NEW people required to buy insurance will OVERLOAD the existing medical system.  Aren't enough doctors, nurses, etc.

Therefore:

Health care will have long waits and rationing.  The Health Care Administrator in Washington will determine who can get transplants, etc.  Old people will be left to die because they will become a burden on the system.  Read the *%$* bill all you liberals and find out what is going to happen. 

Offline scootrd

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:54 AM »
if you have private heath Insurance this ruling means nothing to you personally, as you keep the INS of your choice.

If you don't have insurance , well guess what , buy it or pay the penalty or tax or whatever you want to call it , I could care what the the individual does. I'm tired of piking up their tab through higher premiums. Now nobody rides for Free  -  ad to me that's a good thing.

OH NOOOOO ... Death Panels. Give it a rest.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2012, 02:00:59 AM »
Personally I have always been in favor of an individual mandate. Nobody should get a free ride while my healthcare premiums continue to increase even though I play by the rules yet my rates are subject to increase because I have to pay for all the uninsured.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UHHH... Millions already have been getting a "free ride" for many years.. it's called Medicaid..   Do you for one moment think that millions of welfare queens will now start to dig down to pay their Obamacare tax ?

BTW: How about the wounded, disabled veterans..will they be required to pay this tax to get their wounds, both physical & mental, taken care of ?
  Does Congress, the Amish & Muslims still skate ?

Offline magooch

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2012, 02:26:28 AM »
Those of us who have always carried health care insurance were fine before Obamacare came along.  Of course we would have liked it if costs could be less, but anyone who thinks that we will now see costs go down is living in a fantasy world.  Communism is about sharing and always leads to sharing the misery.  That's not what I call a good thing.  Hopefully, there are still enough freedom loving American voters left to throw the commies out this fall.
Swingem

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2012, 02:45:07 AM »
So called death panels ARE in the bill.  The Health Department Director with a committee will determine who gets what.  It is all through the bill.  If a 40 year old and a 70 year old need a transplant.  EVEN if the 70 year old has the money or insurance to cover it, will be overruled and given to the more "productive tax payer" 40 year old.  Choices will be made.  The healthcare system will be overloaded.  My healthcare insurance went up $100 more per month AFTER Obamacare was passed.  Why? because of the new "taxes" on health insurance to cover the ones not insured and to get ready to EXPAND Medicaid to cover those who are not covered.  If they can MAKE you buy insurance, which once was a CHOICE, then they can MAKE you eat broccolli or MAKE it too expensive to eat read meat because it is taxed. 

Wake up people, we are and have been losing our freedoms.  One by one, little by little. 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »
speaking of transplants........

does the government  now  OWN your organs when you die
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 03:46:24 AM »
So called death panels ARE in the bill.  The Health Department Director with a committee will determine who gets what.  It is all through the bill.  If a 40 year old and a 70 year old need a transplant.  EVEN if the 70 year old has the money or insurance to cover it, will be overruled and given to the more "productive tax payer" 40 year old.  Choices will be made.  The healthcare system will be overloaded.  My healthcare insurance went up $100 more per month AFTER Obamacare was passed.  Why? because of the new "taxes" on health insurance to cover the ones not insured and to get ready to EXPAND Medicaid to cover those who are not covered.  If they can MAKE you buy insurance, which once was a CHOICE, then they can MAKE you eat broccolli or MAKE it too expensive to eat read meat because it is taxed. 

Wake up people, we are and have been losing our freedoms.  One by one, little by little.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Got to get rid of the "useless eaters" you know..
   It seems Bertrand russell ( aleading Fabian Socialist) coined the term for ideas already fostered by the likes of Mathhus, Marx, Stalin, Hitler etc.
  Their idea was to knock off all who could not be productive by a high percentage.. the aged, crippled, wounded, retarded etc.
       It is a philosophy (theology ?) found deeply within Darwinism and many who follow it's tenets.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »
if you have private heath Insurance this ruling means nothing to you personally, as you keep the INS of your choice.

If you don't have insurance , well guess what , buy it or pay the penalty or tax or whatever you want to call it , I could care what the the individual does. I'm tired of piking up their tab through higher premiums. Now nobody rides for Free  -  ad to me that's a good thing.

OH NOOOOO ... Death Panels. Give it a rest.

You need to read the bill, Scooter... My accountant informed us that our small business (8 people) will be forced to remove our health care plan as it will be much cheaper to pay the fine, tax, burden, whatever you want to call it than to pay the insurance premiums for our workers (of which we pay 100%). This will force our employees, myself included to be on the government insurance.  Guess what, this is Obama's plan to force everyone into the one payer system sooner or later.  We probably won't do it for now, because we see the benefit of our own plan, but sooner or later they will consume us.  Trust me, bigger companies will take advantage of this opportunity NOW, because it will save them millions. Of course these millions will be passed onto you and me and the debt that will devour our country...  You will still pick up the tab for all that you have been doing, just put a multipier on it...  Funny that a liberal union guy is tired of picking up the bill... That is a laugher...
Buckskin

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »
All I've got to say is all my life I've paid more tax because I chose not to have children. You aren't going to get any sympathy from me if you pay more tax now because you chose to not have insurance. There is a federal law that says we have to treat you if you come to the ER whether you pay us or not--- now you have to pay something, somewhere. Exactly how long did y'all think the free ER ride was going to last?

Don't like it? Fight back. Post a bond and become self-insured.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 04:57:23 AM »
All I've got to say is all my life I've paid more tax because I chose not to have children. You aren't going to get any sympathy from me if you pay more tax now because you chose to not have insurance. There is a federal law that says we have to treat you if you come to the ER whether you pay us or not--- now you have to pay something, somewhere. Exactly how long did y'all think the free ER ride was going to last?

Don't like it? Fight back. Post a bond and become self-insured.

Do you really think for one minute that the freeloaders who have been skating by their entire lives are going to pay anything??? Wake up, you will just pay a multiplier on what you already do now....  You can't get blood from a turnip.
Buckskin