Author Topic: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »
Death to all tyrants VIVA LA REVOLUTION
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:13 AM »
There is an insurance exchange set up for the freeloaders, neat huh!
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 06:16:07 AM »
this is an enormous situation
there are no right answers
some will win some will loose
no matter what freedoms are lost
the government will only make it worse and more complicated  as usually
the  government will loose 2 rich peoples votes  to BUY 12  parasitic votes
we have yet to see the many unintended consequences....unles the democraps are eliminated

just anther nanny-state wealth re-distribution scheme

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:51 AM »
You need to read the bill, Scooter... This will force our employees, myself included to be on the government insurance.  Guess what, this is Obama's plan to force everyone into the one payer system sooner or later.  We probably won't do it for now, because we see the benefit of our own plan, but sooner or later they will consume us.  Funny that a liberal union guy is tired of picking up the bill... That is a laugher...

point 1. ) I have read the bill. In it's entirety I might add, and nobody is forcing you as a small business owner to do anything. As a matter of fact now your employees will have a competitive choice.  Stick with your employer based plan,  or enter an exchange once states come on-line.

point 2. ) You make an inference somehow union guys don't pay their own way or pick up their own tab. That is just a ludicrous ignorant comment and doesn't even deserve a response. Union guys pay for their own Heathcare. only difference is now all the freeloaders will have to do the same.

Its called personal responsibility.

And if they won't get INS on their own  and stop freeloading and forcing INS companies to raise my premiums to make up the neg then I personally have no problem with a mandate to ensure they do. JMHO

your debate Points to try and bait me into a personal argument regarding unions or trying to disparage are the laughter.

Every state must now create an "exchange," or online marketplace, by January 2013 that will help people shop and pay for health insurance. The law expects exchanges to begin enrolling people by Oct. 1, with coverage beginning in January 2014. Christie, who opposed the health care changes pushed by the Obama administration, vetoed legislation last month that would form an exchange in New Jersey, saying he wanted to wait until the Supreme Court determined whether the Affordable Care Act was constitutional.In the wake of the Thursday’s ruling, the Republican governor said he would now meet any deadlines imposed on the state to create the exchange.

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
Personal responsibility = gov't mandates (read taxes)

I think my head is going to explode

Offline Hooker

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
 ;)
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »
Lock-N-Load!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2012, 12:04:17 PM »
Still waiting for one of you Obamazombies to pause during your feast on nobrains to explain to me just why it is that certain people are not participating in Obamacare even though it is the greatest thing since flush toilets... Anyone?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline scootrd

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
Personal responsibility = gov't mandates (read taxes)

I think my head is going to explode

Dale this is what I don't get.

The mandate was a republican conservative idea . (you know when republicans were actually conservative and not extremist right wingers that I don't even recognize). The mandate was proposed by the heritage foundation and supported by Republicans. It was their response and alternative to the Dems proposing single payer. So finally the dems relented and said ok you convinced us we will adopt your idea for a mandate. OH boy all of a sudden their now against their own idea

If the Republicans had kept pushing for the mandate as they did initially when it was their idea,  and thenif the Supreme court ruled against it .  Then all these so called republicans on GB would have been up in arms because it didn't pass.

It's more about any partisan win on both sides then doing what's right. This whole issue is just crap.  As McConnell said " number one priority is to make Obama one term" . hey that's fine politically . but to sell your beliefs down the river to do it just shows me , all politicians are corrupt.

Republican Party is just so lost and hijacked nowadays by nut jobs it's ridiculous.  The MANDATE WAS THEIR IDEA. 

POLITICIANS ARE WHACKED.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2012, 01:42:38 AM »
The mandate, to me isn't the biggest problem WITH THIS PARTICULAR BILL.  It is all the unnecessary junk and taxes associated with it.  It doesn't address the problems of rising costs.  It doesn't have a malpractice limit.  It doesn't add new doctors, nurses, or facilities.  It doesn't allow you to cross state lines to get a better deal on insurance.  It OUTLAWS health savings accounts.  It limits supplemental insurance with Medicare and Medicaid.  This bill was drafted to eventually get businesses to not have insurance benefits thereby throwing people to the government for insurance.  It will eventually eliminate insurance companies and it will become government insurance like in Brittain.  I do not think anyone here had downloaded and read the bill.  Over 1,000 pages.  It is a TAX.  It even taxes insurance companies that provide health care.  This is one reason for the rising costs now, government interference.  And it does have DEATH PANELS who will decide what type of treatment for various diseases. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2012, 02:20:34 AM »
allowing obamacare to go forward will embolden the liberals who will double their efforts to get out the fraud vote which will re-elect obama.  then, nothing short of an armed revolution will ever restore this country to its former greatness.
sadly, we have become a country of panty-wetting-sissies with nobody to lead us.
the SCOTUS decision actually brought a tear to my eye as I said goodby to America.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline DDZ

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2012, 02:23:58 AM »
All it is, and was meant to be is a transfer of power. Communism is some sick stuff, and health care issued by the state, and death panels are all part of communism. Death panels are real under government health care. The UK has them, and they are coming here. In the UK they use secret do not resuscitate orders. They delay treatment for cancer. Age of a patient is looked at before anything else, and the fact is a government health care system does not have the money to treat the elderly, and many of them have their life deemed worthless.
This evilness will start out subtle, until the protocol is to just give you a magic pill or shot, without the family even being notified. It will be common for government criminals to hurt your family to feed theirs. The reason its kept quiet, and the reason for it to start out subtle is to not get the masses in an uproar, because that would damage their plan. They have to get the masses to slowly accept it, and agree that death panels are needed so there is health care for you and your children. I figure it will be accomplished rather easy without much fuss. People are easily duped into governments plan. Just look where we are now. Many already believe that government is the answer, and provider for everything.       
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2012, 02:29:56 AM »
Scoot says;
  " Republican Party is just so lost and hijacked nowadays by nut jobs it's ridiculous.  The MANDATE WAS THEIR IDEA."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Yep sure ! ...And "Bush did it"..
       So too did that "Wascally Wabbit"... Franklin D Roosevelt, do some things some of us don't like..

..But then so did Abraham Lincoln... Chester A. Arthur... William McKinley and William Henry Harrison... but let's try staying relevant here.  We are speaking of "Obamacare"..introduced by the Chicago mob and endorsed by the Democrats... who didn't even read it before they voted to pass it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »
Still waiting for one of you Obamazombies to pause during your feast on nobrains to explain to me just why it is that certain people are not participating in Obamacare even though it is the greatest thing since flush toilets... Anyone?

The blind cannot see, the ignorant don't know how and the liberals don't want to... 

Romney has stated that his first day in office he will follow suit of Obama's lead and give exemptions to all 50 States, thereby essentially killing the bill single handedly....
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »

The blind cannot see, the ignorant don't know how and the liberals don't want to... 

Romney has stated that his first day in office he will follow suit of Obama's lead and give exemptions to all 50 States, thereby essentially killing the bill single handedly....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah,... Where did this "coincidence" come from ?

We are all expected to participte in this fiasco.. except for politicians, congress, the unions an Muslims..

And BTW:  How is it the obama supporters are badgering the catholics over Obamacare..but the Muslims skate free ?

Come on liberals, ...man up and answer !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2012, 03:48:36 AM »
I agree with the 4 descending judges. Omabacare is an over reach by the federal government.

I also agree with the portion of the ruling that identified it as a tax. It is a tax that will impact the middle class the hardest and the lower classes will pay for it with fewer jobs and all of us with lower pay. The wealthy will not be impacted as its a drop in the bucket to them. So the real losers are the so called 99%. I guess they can get their health taken care of now for free, but more of us will be homeless and out of work.

Great work obama and the liberals!
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Gary G

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2012, 04:01:28 AM »
I agree with the 4 descending judges. Omabacare is an over reach by the federal government.

I also agree with the portion of the ruling that identified it as a tax. It is a tax that will impact the middle class the hardest and the lower classes will pay for it with fewer jobs and all of us with lower pay. The wealthy will not be impacted as its a drop in the bucket to them. So the real losers are the so called 99%. I guess they can get their health taken care of now for free, but more of us will be homeless and out of work.

Great work obama and the liberals!

Here is what you do:
Drop your health insurance coverage. Buy some cheap accident insurance. Wait until you are sick and then buy health insurance. You can't be refused. They will fine you, but they will not have an enforcement mechanism, (and if they did it would be unconstitutional), so don't pay the fine.

If you are an employer, drop insurance coverage for you employees. Pay the fine or don't. Give the the employees a raise so if they choose, they can buy insurance over the exchange. You will save money.

As you can see, it just won't work.

As always, government intervention causes unseen consequences. So there will be more intervention to find a fix for this one, and so on, until the whole system fails. Each intervention undermines the freemarket economy until it breaks. This is what governments do best.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »
Gary G says;
   "
Here is what you do:
Drop your health insurance coverage. Buy some cheap accident insurance. Wait until you are sick and then buy health insurance. You can't be refused. They will fine you, but they will not have an enforcement mechanism, (and if they did it would be unconstitutional), so don't pay the fine"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mmmmm....
  Gary, I don't know about the 'enforcement mechanism'.  Now that it is considered a "tax", remember... Obama has recruited 10,000 new IRS agents..

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2012, 04:15:57 AM »
What constitutes an Obamazomb(ies)? I'd guess, but I'd rather hear it from you...

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »
If the mandate is a tax then the bill should be voted on again with it being characterized as such.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline lakota

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 05:02:36 AM »
For starters an Obamazombie is someone who drones on ad nauseum about how great Obamacare is going to be for all of us while at the same time ignoring Obama granting waivers to large groups of people who dont want to participate. It smacks of hypocrisy. Everyone should be in or everyone should be allowed to opt out. If Obamacare is so wonderful then why are so many politically connected groups granted immunity from it? Why aren't the sacred cows in Congress on board? Simple answer:Obamacare is a sham and will make us collectively more miserable but then again that is what liberalism is about at it's core: Shared misery.

But go ahead. Get the thread locked up get me banned whatever. That's what liberals do best when they are in an indefensible position argument wise-they shut down opposing voices.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »
Who was granted waviers? I am aware of some 1 year waviers to help with the transition but not of any with complete immunity.
Thanks,
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline scootrd

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 05:25:43 AM »
Well I for one hope they don't lock the thread . I value everyone's opinion even if it differs from mine.
Hopefully we can continue to openly debate .

I like the mandate , and anything else that culls freeloaders from the system so my premiums don't go higher.

Like I said it was a conservative republican idea to begin with when there was actually an animal called a conservative republican in the party.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 05:41:49 AM »
Well I for one hope they don't lock the thread . I value everyone's opinion even if it differs from mine.
Hopefully we can continue to openly debate .

I like the mandate , and anything else that culls freeloaders from the system so my premiums don't go higher.

Like I said it was a conservative republican idea to begin with when there was actually an animal called a conservative republican in the party.

Your premiums will go much higher as the insurance companies will now have to cover preexisting conditions. Since many healthy people will not take the insurance until needed and pay the fine because it is much cheaper, the distribution will be skewed leading to ballooning prices.

History has shown that socialized medicine has always led to higher prices resulting in price caps which results in waiting times and poorer medical care.

I remember when the doctor would come to your house and the charge would be minimal. This was before government intervention.

This explains the economics of government healthcare:
http://lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard295.html
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline lakota

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
I wasnt aware congress had only granted themselves a one year waiver

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »
So what you're saying is,  your objection to providing health care to 52 million uninsured Americans is due to the special treatment given to 541 members of congress.  Insightful!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 06:00:55 AM »
For starters an Obamazombie is someone who drones on ad nauseum about how great Obamacare is going to be for all of us while at the same time ignoring Obama granting waivers to large groups of people who dont want to participate.
Whew! - guess I'm safe for now.
But go ahead. Get the thread locked up get me banned whatever.
The certainly isn't my intent or desire... I don't swim in that.

I don't know what the answer to medical costs are. Current system is extremely expensive. I understand the idea behind the 'mandate', though I'm not persuaded to be on board with it. I've not had insurance for a few years, times having been rough here (it's getting better). I pay cash for medical care - found a GREAT doc who has opted out of the insurance bidness - but if I get cancer/need operation, I'd up that infamous creek. Don't have easy answers.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »

Peter Schiff on the subject: (good analysis)

http://www.youtube.com/schiffreport

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »
This explains the economics of government healthcare:
http://lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard295.html

Excellent link, everyone should read this.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline jimster

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
The bottom line is they could have just bought insurance policies for 30 to 50 million people for a fraction of what the massive regulatory legislation passed will cost, which hires a massive amount of federal employees oversight offices, oversight offices to over see the oversight offices,  and IRS jobs to support for the life of the program which never stops growing, and never has a budget.  Obviously the program is already bankrupted itself before it kicks in, and we are already bankrupt.   Typical government stuff, with typical democrat and progressive socialist supporters, nothing they support ever turns a profit. 
The people who support this stuff do not read legislation, if they have not taken the time to read through most of it, there opinions don't count, they don't know what's in it. 
The good news is the high court said it' a tax...it can be booted out through another congress...helluva lot easier than if it was ruled on the way it was written. 
These idiots don't care about health care, if they did they would have just bought a bunch of isurance policies for people instead of tutning it into a bunch of government jobs and a power grab.