Author Topic: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?  (Read 6442 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: What do you think of today's health care ruling from supreme court?
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »
Found out something about Justice Roberts.  He was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools all his grade school life.  He graduated Yale law school (where bush went).  He worked for a law firm on gay rights.  He advised Jeb Bush when Florida was in question in the 2000 election of Bush.  He got payback from Bush to the supreme court.  He lived with a guy after law school for 8 years.  He got married when he was 41 to a Brown graduate who was working for women's rights.  He was never a true conservative.  His job was only payback for helping advise the Bushs' in 2000 in which Bush won by winning Florida.  Hmmmm.

He seems to be a social liberal but a fiscal conservative.

quite possibly a closet LIBERTARIAN
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2012, 02:03:04 AM »
Found out something about Justice Roberts.  He was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools all his grade school life.  He graduated Yale law school (where bush went).  He worked for a law firm on gay rights.  He advised Jeb Bush when Florida was in question in the 2000 election of Bush.  He got payback from Bush to the supreme court.  He lived with a guy after law school for 8 years.  He got married when he was 41 to a Brown graduate who was working for women's rights.  He was never a true conservative.  His job was only payback for helping advise the Bushs' in 2000 in which Bush won by winning Florida.  Hmmmm.

He seems to be a social liberal but a fiscal conservative.

quite possibly a closet LIBERTARIAN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very perceptive 45/70..could be... ;)   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:51 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts is bi or gay since rumor has it Bush Jr. is. That doesn't matter to me all that much. But that Roberts was part of the engineering Florida election coup does matter. As for labels like conservative, liberal, libertarian, or whatever...doesn't mean much at Robert's level.  Those are just terms for the little people to banter around thinking they understand and have a say in things, which is pretty much an illusion under the 'divide and rule' maxim.  Robert's is simply TPTB the legal arm of the Oligarchy doing what they want...its not that complicated.
..TM7

half the people on this site  would put me on ''ignore''
if they really new how deep my LIBERTARIAN roots run

conservatives and republicans have lost their way
i  HATE liberals and democrats
the libertarians  will NEVER amount to anything......they have had their chance

so now  i am registered and support the republicans.....AND FREEDOM
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:20 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts is bi or gay since rumor has it Bush Jr. is. That doesn't matter to me all that much. But that Roberts was part of the engineering Florida election coup does matter. As for labels like conservative, liberal, libertarian, or whatever...doesn't mean much at Robert's level.  Those are just terms for the little people to banter around thinking they understand and have a say in things, which is pretty much an illusion under the 'divide and rule' maxim.  Robert's is simply TPTB the legal arm of the Oligarchy doing what they want...its not that complicated.
..TM7
Florida election coup? You don't remember that the dems wouldn't allow write ins from military personell that were stationed overseas do you? Can you imagine how fouled up we would be if we had elected Gore? Guess not.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »
Roberts is definately NOT libertarian in my view.  Google Roberts or read about him on Wikipedia.  Then look up his wife.  Both are liberals.  There are liberal Republicans.  If Roberts was libertarian, he would have voted against Obamacare.  Otherwise, maybe he thought it would activate people to vote for more conservative or libertarians in the fall elections to get the government off our backs.  I know there are conservative gays, who keep quiet about their issues.  Roberts may be one of them, or he voted the way he did because Obama came out in favor of gay marriage to sway him. 

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2012, 04:29:31 AM »
If one wants to know what Roberts is, look no further than who he voted with.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2012, 04:53:36 AM »

I like a bottom line kinda guy......... :D
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »

you trying to tell me to practice what i preach??...........good point

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »
Just heard on the radio, a survey of doctors was done by someone, and 83% of the doctors said they were considering early retirement because of Obamacare. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
Just heard on the radio, a survey of doctors was done by someone, and 83% of the doctors said they were considering early retirement because of Obamacare.

My brother is a doctor and his wife is a nurse. He's 56 and she is 54. They both have said this new law is enough to force them to retire early. Its just not going to be worth the hassles and inability to full their obligations to their patients as they see it.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline DDZ

« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »
Well, that's why many many Doctors wanted a simple Public Option-Single Payer plan...not a monstrosity that lowers them and prestige to technician level with HC Corps holding all the power.  Now they have a big headache.
They should have spoke up and Loudly.
..TM7

Do you really think it would have made any difference if they all would have spoke up loudly? Speaking up needs to happen before the fox gets in the hen house.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline DDZ

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
Being uninformed is not an excuse. I think many doctors did speak out, but it fell on deaf ears. Others figured their opinion would not matter, which is my point. Obama and congress wanted their foot in the door badly, and nothing anyone said or did was going to stop them. The corrupt supreme court is in place, just as planned. The end result is the fox is in the hen house, and the fox is going to get whatever he wants, because we left the door open. We can't leave the door open then complain about what the bad guys we let in are doing.   

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
Correct me if I am mistaken. I seem to recall that Obama had a number of doctors invited in the Rose Garden to make his pitch to them.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
looks like congress just voted it out

or did i miss understand the news.....again

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/11/house-approves-obamacare-repeal-in-first-vote-since-court-ruling/

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
It does not have a snow balls chance in hell of being passed in the "Do Nothing Harry Ried Senate".
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »
Florida election coup? You don't remember that the dems wouldn't allow write ins from military personell that were stationed overseas do you? Can you imagine how fouled up we would be if we had elected Gore? Guess not.
Umm, no! That's a small detail or propamedia release and too simple.....lot more complicated.  Bush Jr/Cheney were needed for 911 to happen; like BHO was needed for Obama-RomneyCare to happen.. Start a thread if you like.
..TM7
It was not a small detail! Unless your a Democrat!
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline saddlebum

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2012, 10:58:47 PM »
Umm, no! That's a small detail or propamedia release and too simple.....lot more complicated.  Bush Jr/Cheney were needed for 911 to happen; like BHO was needed for Obama-RomneyCare to happen.. Start a thread if you like.
..TM7
It was not a small detail! Unless your a Democrat!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MY, my ..some folks have a very short memory..  Nearly everyone I know who is over 23 years old and aware at the time, recalls how the Democrats used all kinds of tricks in an attempt to crush the military overseas vote:
   http://www.aim.org/guest-column/suppressing-the-military-vote%E2%80%A6-again/

To boost a fuzzy memory, you don't have to read the whole article..just start to the left of the photos in the right hand column..the 8th paragraph down; It explains filthy attempt to suppress the votes of those who serve.
   And it is some of these same Democrats... whining that some citizens want to be assured that illegal aliens aren't voting in our elections !!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2012, 03:25:02 AM »
If things keep going as they are now I don't think you need to worry about the CBO projection for the years 2014-2023.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
I thik everyone should drop thier health care coverage and happily pay this tax. Part of the Law says that you cannot be denied health care coverage due to a pre existing condition. When yu get sick it is time to buy your health insurance. This will make the system crash in a very short time.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2012, 11:50:12 PM »
System is going to crash anyways if just 10-20% of doctors retire and all the so called uninsured get on insurance.  Maybe something should have been done, however not this bill, and not what is in it. 

I will agree to no pre-existing condition.  I will agree to a mandate with conditions, like conscience objector, religious, or something like that for those who don't want to get insurance. 

But NOT a tax forcing me to pay if I don't have it.  Not government telling doctors what they can and cannot provide.  No expansion of government, no expansion of taxes.  No bureaucracy.  McCain might have been onto something giving a tax credit to cover your insurance payments, thereby leaving insurance in private hands.  Allowing cross state shopping for insurance, tort reform. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2012, 03:47:17 AM »
Its a fact now. The negative impacts of obamacare will be felt by us all including a huge tax increase that will mostly be paid by those we can least afford it. But there is no choice here on the tax issue. The masses have to pay for it because there simply are not enough so called rich people to pay for the massive cost of this repulsive bill.

Those of you you have insurance are very likely to lose it. You are going to find yourself seeing a doctor(s) now that you don't know and who could care less about your health. And you will pay more for it.

What a great program....
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2012, 03:55:23 AM »
Thinking out loud:Perhaps that Canadian system doesn't look all that bad now compared to yours ;) .

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
Thinking out loud:Perhaps that Canadian system doesn't look all that bad now compared to yours ;) .

Your likely correct. Also, Canada's income tax laws force even those in the lower income brackets to pay federal income tax unlike the US. Canada has determined that the overall system is better served by having the largest population as possible participating in the system and invested in it. Here, we just created a huge population that earn income and pay nothing in federal tax. So all they expect is the system gives them benefits and they could care less if it efficient or not. Then, when there are discussions about lower income tax rates, those that pay nothing complain they are not getting a benefit from a tax reduction. Well! guess what, if you pay no taxes already, how can you expect a benefit?

We are creating not just a lower class, but a stupid class. And the goal of obama and his cronies is to create the largest dependant & stupid class as possible.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
EVEN MORE BAD MATH FROM THE CBO

Business owners will pay $4 billion more in taxes under President Obama’s Affordable Care Act (ACA)  than the Congressional Budget Office had previously expected.

“According to the updated estimates, the amount of deficit reduction from penalty payments and other effects on tax revenues under the ACA will be $5 billion more than previously estimated,” the CBO reported today. “That change primarily effects a $4 billion increase in collections from such payments by employers, a $1 billion increase in such payments by individuals, and an increase of less than $500 million in tax revenues stemming from a small reduction in employment-based coverage, which will lead to a larger share of total compensation taking the form of taxable wages and salaries and a smaller share taking the form of nontaxable health benefits.”

In short, CBO revised the Obamacare tax burden upward by $4 billion for businesses and $1 billion to $1.5 billion for individual workers.

CBO couldn’t help but bump into Chief Justice John Roberts controversial decision uphold the individual mandate as a constitutional exercise of Congress’s taxing power. The report dubs the individual mandate a “penalty tax” — that is, “a penalty paid to the Treasury by taxpayers when they file their tax returns and enforced by the Internal Revenue Service.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/cbo-to-employers-obamacare-has-4b-more-in-taxes-than-expected/article/2503013