Author Topic: Storms - dodged a big bullet tonight  (Read 1030 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Storms - dodged a big bullet tonight
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »
We got lucky , only had a couple small branches come down in the back yard , a lot of folks around here weren't so lucky , Delphos & Columbus Grove both took a nasty hits , Lots of big trees down , roads blocked , trucks blown off the road , power out , I have not heard of any serious injuries though  . One guy had a tree fall on his pick-up while driving down the street in Delphos , only minor head injuriy though .

We got more coming this way late tonight or in the morning , lets hope its not as bad , don't need any more 80+ mph winds !

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Storms - dodged a big bullet tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »
I don't even need 80km/h winds here !!
A nice even 30 km/h would be nice to keep the bloodsuckers from flying, not even the dogs want to go outside.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
Stimpy, hope it dodge's you. Yesterday, all the bad stuff headed south, and we got very little. Not enough rain to help the garden, some wind, but nothing close to what you had. Cooled down some this morning, but it's already heading back up. Good Luck. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »
That storm was a mess , people as far away as the east coast caught hell from it , my DIL's mother lives just outside D.C. and her power is still out , AEP is telling people that it may be as long as 10 days till full power is restored in the areas around here . A friend of mine in Delphos has a big Elm tree in his house now that wasn't there before the storm .

Even the big P&G plant here is out of juice , they said that it may be Monday before their back up and running , the refin. and chem. plant by my house are still up for now , but thats min. by min. at this point , their still waiting to see what AEP has to do as far as switching on the main grid .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 03:14:28 AM »
Without a Gen set you can kiss your freezer/fridge contents good bye.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline tjeffords

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 04:23:05 AM »
Van Wert (where i live) is classified as a national disaster. we got hit hard. My street wasnt one of the lucky ones as you can see in the pics below. We were told that it will be 5-7 days until all power is restored. We will be one of the last. Im not aloud to cut or move the 2 trees that took our lines out. They will not be messing with it until Monday.

On top of all that on the way home after the storm passed, my wife was driving had stopped at a light with no power. The vehicle behind us hydroplaned and rear ended us at 35-40 mph.

Offline tjeffords

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
Well I just wanted to let everyone know Van Wert has power not real reliable (power surges) but we do have power. AEP pulled the down line out of under the down trees and re-ran them. Left the trees blocking the road for the county to get it when they get the chance.

Still have some friends without power. But the are out in the boonies. Just wanted to let you all know.

TJ

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »
TJ

Thats good to hear , Delphos still doesn't have full power , may be as late as saturday before its all back on , I have a buddy that lives down by Mendon and he only had minor damage and power loss , go figger .  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 03:42:10 AM »
The first storm was so bad here (20 miles west of Toledo) that I lost my Direct TV Sat. for almost 10 minutes. :o ::) ;D     Seriously, I just got lucky, no power outage and no damage, but some folks nearby got the same treatment you fellows did.  A friend of mine in Henry Co. had a tree go down, take out her service pole w/transformer and it landed on her garage and knock over her small garbage dumpster.  The utility came out and put caution tape around the whole mess and toward her to stay away from it and they would be back in a few days.  Apparently raccoons can't read, because they ignored the caution tape and emptied out her overturned dumpster and spread the contents all over her yard. :P   I thought to myself it would make a good "Mayhem" commerical for Allstate. ;D

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »
we got  hammered here in knox county for sure , lot of power  off till maybe the 8th, i got mine on last night,  but to late for alot of  folks, freezers are  garbage now,  even poeples  generators are  wearin out, breakin down u name it, emptied  dads freezers out   a whole pickup load  of meat  and veggies,  we are livin like amish here ,  stepdaughters  freezer  crapped out i figure a surge from the generator?  so its  hosed, finished empty it  this morning ,  we had a lot of  uprooted trees and lines down . around here  when aep goes down  for anything its 2 days  i know a week  this time, was goin to happen, oh well  good ol ohio summertime storms i guess,  and the jungle weather  we are havin,  sure makes us old guys sweat!!!!! i didnt say fat  old guys!!!!  well everyone ,hang in there . lucky the gas stations have generators, they been open 24/7 here, gas  keeps runnin out, sat they had  2hr waits at the pumps,  even had  sheriff  guarding thing,  guess its  time to get back into survival mode, 

Offline stimpylu32

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:49:36 AM »
Hang in there Shane , AEP will get to you some time , their saying its more like a Hury-cane the way it hit & miss things . The plant were my boy works is still down and their telling everyone Saturday at the earlyest .

PS did you get my e-mail about the shoot in Sept ?

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »
yeah , all we can do, no i didnt get ur email sorry

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
We did okay, the generator kept the fridge and freezer going, plus a window unit a/c.  Power was back the 3rd.  We didn't get any real damage, just a couple of pieces of metal wrap on the house blew off.  Tree across the street went down so I have that for firewood, and am busy on a couple of walnut trees in a friends yard.  Hope it all dries out enough to burn this winter, that will save a bunch on the fuel bill!

-Kees in Athens-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 01:52:10 AM »
We did okay, the generator kept the fridge and freezer going, plus a window unit a/c.  Power was back the 3rd.  We didn't get any real damage, just a couple of pieces of metal wrap on the house blew off.  Tree across the street went down so I have that for firewood, and am busy on a couple of walnut trees in a friends yard.  Hope it all dries out enough to burn this winter, that will save a bunch on the fuel bill!

-Kees in Athens-

i heard  your area was in a mess    guy said  gas was a main complaint?  glad all came out  good, i bet by winter  that will be ready to heat your toes

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 01:53:55 AM »
Van Wert (where i live) is classified as a national disaster. we got hit hard. My street wasnt one of the lucky ones as you can see in the pics below. We were told that it will be 5-7 days until all power is restored. We will be one of the last. Im not aloud to cut or move the 2 trees that took our lines out. They will not be messing with it until Monday.

On top of all that on the way home after the storm passed, my wife was driving had stopped at a light with no power. The vehicle behind us hydroplaned and rear ended us at 35-40 mph.

nice pics , looks like our area  here,

Offline tjeffords

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »
Yeah AEP came and pulled the line out of under the trees and hooked it back up. Then the county came for the trees that were crossing the road. Apparently they think removing the trees is just shoving them into my yard and driveways. YAY VAN WERT COUNTY! LOL