Author Topic: Investigation of possible drilling moratorium coverup.  (Read 276 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Investigation of possible drilling moratorium coverup.
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
Interior Dept. IG to be Investigated in Alleged White House Drilling Moratorium Cover-Up    A trio of senators have won their request for an investigation into Interior Secretary Ken Salazar’s inspector general regarding a potential cover-up of documents that led to the drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico following the BP oil spill.

Sens. David Vitter (R-La.), Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) and John Cornyn (R-Texas) asked the Integrity Committee of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency in a May 24 letter to investigate the Interior Department’s Acting Inspector General Mary Kendall, whom they say “failed to ensure an independent, impartial and complete investigation into the Administration’s offshore drilling moratorium and related activities.”

In a response to the senators, shared with PJM, the Integrity Committee agreed to meet July 12 to review the allegations that Kendall failed to manage — and perhaps impeded — a full investigation of the White House and Salazar’s twisting of the findings of the National Academy of Engineers report into supposedly endorsing the moratorium.

Kendall, the senators noted in their request, was reportedly involved in the so-called 30-Day Report, “which erroneously indicated that independent peer review experts endorsed the Administration’s six-month moratorium on deepwater drilling.” Then, Kendall conducted an oversight investigation of the report.

“The moratorium crushed thousands of jobs – many of which Louisiana is still suffering from – and now we’re seeing extremely alarming evidence that the investigation I requested on the job-killing moratorium may not have been independent and could have involved the acting IG tampering with the facts,” Vitter said at the time. “It’s pretty outrageous and offensive to know that politics seems to be likely influencing the office of the IG in addition to the science.”

If the results of the Integrity Committee’s investigation match what the senators believe to be true, it could deliver a serious blow to the administration.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/07/06...rium-cover-up/ 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline briarpatch

Re: Investigation of possible drilling moratorium coverup.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
This is the beginning of so many jokes but they ain't funny. The taxpayer is the only victim.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »
It wasn't much of a cover-up. The Obama administration denied permits and exsisting rigs from working and gave permits to PetroBras from Brazil to drill in the Gulf. Boosting George Soros profits. And even gave Brazil our money to pay their way for it too! Why is there a need to investigate? We already know. What will come of it?........NOTHING!!

This is something Romney should talk about in his campaign. But he won't.............
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
Another case of government talking about investigating itself. What a joke. They like to pretend they are going to find the bad guys, when all they are doing is trying to pacify us. What will come of it? You're right saddlebum. Absolutely nothing! The corruption in government will carry on as usual, and not a dang thing will be done about it.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
Yep! What could they do to make up for this? Pay people the back wages they have lost? Return the homes they lost or any other reparations for years of unemployment and lost business and businesses? Will they throw anyone in jail? Will they kick that phoney bastard out of the White House? Will we get our money back from Brazil and PetroBras? Will they revoke the PetroBras permits? Will anything be done about the shenanigans between Soros and Obama and PetroBras?

HECK NO!!!

It's just another government waste of money for polititians to chase their tails at our expense.
OH WOW! "it could deliver a serious blow to the administration.".......Give me a break!!
I didn't need to be reminded of that mess. But Romney should make sure EVERYONE knows about it. Bobby Jindal should be reminding him of it every day too! Especially since it appears that Jindal is stumping for Romney.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams